the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   LBA1 Speedrunning (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Citadel exit sub 1:13:00 cracked! (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17884)

gravel22 2016-03-23 07:06

Citadel exit sub 1:13:00 cracked!

Hi everyone, finally after 1 hour and a half I got the timer under 1:13.

https://www.twitch.tv/freemanqc/v/56091710

Try to beat this :)

gravel22 2016-05-20 16:53

Homeless should we add a category on speedrun.com ? :)

Homeless 2016-05-20 17:57

Awesome time!

Sure, that's a great idea. I've added a new category named Citadel. I think it is fine, I'm not sure however - do you or anyone else have another idea for what we could name this category? :)

https://www.speedrun.com/lba/Citadel
Feel free to add you run! :D

MevX 2016-05-20 19:02

I don't think that the prison escape is big enough to warrant itself its own category. Not to say that it's less impressive, i think its very impressive. But shouldn't we have bigger categories like 100% and glitchless instead?

Homeless 2016-05-20 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MevX (Post 453278)
I don't think that the prison escape is big enough to warrant itself its own category. Not to say that it's less impressive, i think its very impressive. But shouldn't we have bigger categories like 100% and glitchless instead?

I hear you. It's not uncommon however for games to add categories for small portions of the game, such as training levels. As a compromise I removed it as a main category and added it as an individual level, how do you all feel about that instead?

Individual levels can also be run in different categories, such as Any%, 100% etc. Right now there's only Any%, reflective of the full-game run, which feels fine for me as we don't have 100% or Glitchless atm.

We could if we would add more levels in the future if additional portions are exciting to run separately.

How would we all feel for adding 100% or Glitchless? Is there interest for such a run? I'd gladly add it if someone is interested in it and maybe remove the Steam version. There was some excitement for the Steam version when it got out that maybe could have warranted the inclusion, but since no full runs have been made in that category it may be reason to remove it - that's my spontaneous thought about this right now anyway.

MevX 2016-05-20 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless (Post 453280)
I hear you. It's not uncommon however for games to add categories for small portions of the game, such as training levels. As a compromise I removed it as a main category and added it as an individual level, how do you all feel about that instead?

I think that makes more sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless (Post 453280)
How would we all feel for adding 100% or Glitchless? Is there interest for such a run?

A 100% run has been in the talks before, but i'm not sure if we have come to the conclusion what a 100% run would involve. Even though it's a category i'm normally hesitant to do, we should definitely discuss it and make it a real thing. When it comes to glitchless, that's just something i brought up for the sake of being an example. I have no idea if anybody actually would want to do it.

MevX 2016-05-20 20:02

Also Freeman has made his own category, a gawley 100% run or a gawley% if you wish. Maybe that should be something worth adding :)

Homeless 2016-05-20 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MevX (Post 453281)
A 100% run has been in the talks before, but i'm not sure if we have come to the conclusion what a 100% run would involve. Even though it's a category i'm normally hesitant to do, we should definitely discuss it and make it a real thing. When it comes to glitchless, that's just something i brought up for the sake of being an example. I have no idea if anybody actually would want to do it.

Sounds good. I definitely think 100% would be good to have as a category as we collectively arrive at a clear definition of what that means. Maybe we could create a separate thread for this or perhaps discuss it on the Discord.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MevX (Post 453282)
Also Freeman has made his own category, a gawley 100% run or a gawley% if you wish. Maybe that should be something worth adding :)

Awesome, does this mean what I think it means; Any% run but with using gawley on everything, opening all seals etc.? Do you want it added to the categories Freeman? :)

gravel22 2016-05-22 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless (Post 453286)
Sounds good. I definitely think 100% would be good to have as a category as we collectively arrive at a clear definition of what that means. Maybe we could create a separate thread for this or perhaps discuss it on the Discord.

100% and glitchless is definitely categories I though of speedrunning one day. We could add the categories once we have a time to put in. I suggest that the speedrunner that'll be interested in doing it, make a thread here so we canb setup rules for these categories!

Awesome, does this mean what I think it means; Any% run but with using gawley on everything, opening all seals etc.? Do you want it added to the categories Freeman? :)

Yes it's exactly that! I think you could add this one as the rules are done and as I'm about to submit in few months! :)

Homeless 2016-05-23 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravel22 (Post 453326)
Yes it's exactly that! I think you could add this one as the rules are done and as I'm about to submit in few months! :)

Neat! That's great. I'll add a category for that asap.

Just saw you added the Citadel run. It's verified now :)

gravel22 2016-05-23 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless (Post 453338)
Neat! That's great. I'll add a category for that asap.

Just saw you added the Citadel run. It's verified now :)

Thanks man :)