the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   LBA: The Great Rebellion (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The Team sub-forum [Discuss] (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=11947)

Lightwing 2007-01-12 21:30

Is there any way we can make this an official forum?

It's not a big deal, but I think it'd be easier if all the project discussions were held in one place, instead of two.

Double-J 2007-01-12 22:55

Obras does have his own forums, which I think are the official ones, and are private.

Lightwing 2007-01-12 23:33

That's what I'm talking about.

There are two forums, and I've got to check both all the time.

Why can't we just have a single forum site?

Double-J 2007-01-13 00:53

Point taken.

Battler 2007-01-13 21:34

- Lightwing: We have an official public sub-forum, and an official Team sub-forum. The public one is this one here, the Team one is located on my forum, and hasn't been moved here, because some of the Team members aren't registered here, and because there were already some threads in it, and moving them here would have been, like impossible.

So I'm sorry, but it stays like it is, for the above-mentioned two reasons.

BTW, you need to log onto the forum, to access the Team sub-forum, you can't access it as a guest (the one you're accessing as a guest, is the other public sub-forum, which has been dead, ever since this public sub-forum here on the MBN was made). ;)

Double-J 2007-01-13 23:10

Obras - wouldn't it be beneficial to bring the non-members here to the MBN, and then have the official forums here, to bring more people to the community? You could always save the threads at your forum and maybe import them here...;)

Battler 2007-01-14 00:21

- Double-J: The problem is, that some of the Team members aren't really big LBA fans (for example, sonartica), and others could probably just refuse to register here, simply because they could feel, that they have nothing to do with this forum.
Also, some people could pretty much not like it, that I made them register on a forum, only to later find out, that it was all for nothing.
Plus, if the Team sub-forum was here, I wouldn't have the total control over it anymore, and probably almost everyone would also lose the moderating privileges in it, which I don't want to happen.

And about saving the threads and importing them, I don't think it's possible - if anything, because of the Member ID numbers - for example, my ID number is 2 on the MBN, while it's 1288 here.
I first made the people register here, then get all their user ID numbers, then change the user ID numbers in the threads and posts, to be the ones of the MBN, and then El_Muerte would impost the posts here.

But this is not all. Some threads, like The Team thread, for example, use a lot of HTML, and HTML is disabled here on the MBN, so I would have to convert them to a way uglier format, because the BB-codes simply don't suport tables.
And even if HTML wasn't disabled here, there would still be a great possibility of appearance screw-up, simply because some of the HTML, used in those threads, also relates on how the forum renders them (and combines them with the CSS style sheets of the forum's skins).

So no, I'm sorry, but I think it's the best for the Team sub-forum to stay right, where it is.

Edit:
---> Split, becuase the conversation went way off-topic. ;)

Kobold 2007-01-14 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBrasilo (Post 302088)
my ID number is 2 on the MBN, while it's 1288 here.

Sure, Mr. 21288. :p

The main reason why the team forum is at your forums in the first place is of course that you want people to come to your forum, as there are so few. Anyway, moving seems quite impossible.

Lightwing 2007-01-14 02:57

Okay, that seems reasonable.