the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   LBA: The Great Rebellion (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Interesting Addition to the Game. (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=14565)

Vholch 2009-04-12 18:44

Interesting Addition to the Game.

Hello.
I was thinking about an idea that may help the game alot.
Unlike other LBA games. I think that this one should have some end-game events (Dont know really how to write it).
But once you have finished the game. You should be able to continue playing. Maybe have some achivements to complete or something. And of course, be able to run around the whole planet or whatever place thats accessible in the game.

But also the achivements. Once you finish some of them you should be given rewards, both cinematics and funny items.

And equippable armor/weapons that would be displayable on the character :). Ofc the armor should only be aquireable after the game so it wont affect the Story :).

These are my ideas :) I think it could affect the game possitively

Since these are multiple ideas Id like to know what ideas you like and dislike

LBAWinOwns 2009-04-12 19:54

You should have made a multi-choice poll.

Is there any reason it has to be for TGR? not Prequel nor LID?

I like all the ideas except for 'Equip-able armor / Weapons'

Kobold 2009-04-12 20:00

Armor and weapons are very hard to impossible to handle by just modifying the original LBA files without touching the engine.
Achievements and events sound like a lot of work we only should consider when we've worked out the game itself. To remind you, the project has not seen any major progress for an entire year. We've still got to figure out how to do story-coding.
Making the entire world available to you after completing the game sounds fine. I always wanted to have that myself. Whether it's worth the work depends on how much scripting will be needed in the end to make that work.

Darkflame 2009-04-12 23:24

The greater the explorability of a game...any game...the better, imho.

However, this dosnt just mean the size of where you can walk...it means the amount of stuff about TO explore ;)

Kobold 2009-04-12 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 376350)
The greater the explorability of a game...any game...the better, imho.

However, this dosnt just mean the size of where you can walk...it means the amount of stuff about TO explore ;)

True. It wouldn't be good if the world after the main storyline was the same as before. There would have to be something new in order to keep people to continue playing - and that could be done better in a sequel.

LBAWinOwns 2009-04-12 23:34

Have you played earthbound, they've got tons of new character lines after you've finished the game.

Kobold 2009-04-13 00:46

New character lines, yes, but achievements and events?

LBAWinOwns 2009-04-13 01:24

You can ride bike in the swamp! :p

Nah, they don't have achievements nor events (that become only possible when near the end of the game).

Necdilzor 2009-04-13 04:44

Don't this new ideas need extra story-coding?

Kobold 2009-04-13 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agustin (Post 376370)
Don't this new ideas need extra story-coding?

Yes, definitely. A lot of it. And also dialogue.

Double-J 2009-04-13 16:11

LBA 3 as sandbox...

...only with grobo hookers.

Necdilzor 2009-04-13 23:04

Not again! LBA and GTA IV will never be the same!

Double-J 2009-04-14 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agustin (Post 376432)
Not again! LBA and GTA IV will never be the same!

http://mysite.verizon.net/doublej16/LBA_GTA.jpg

Darkflame 2009-04-14 15:19

I always thought GTA was "Great Twinsunian Adventure"

Double-J 2009-04-14 15:22

So those hookers aren't really from Brooklyn, they're from Citadel Island?

Saria 2009-04-15 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inotamira Orani (Post 376611)
indeed they are from citadel island, they where transported to brooklyn via DR.Funfrocks teleporter's gone awry

wrong my brother! they said that only clones can use the telepads but wait then why can funfrock use em? was that a clone in the principle island jail fprtress thingy?

LethalSwordsMan 2009-04-18 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saria (Post 376799)
wrong my brother! they said that only clones can use the telepads but wait then why can funfrock use em? was that a clone in the principle island jail fprtress thingy?

Funfrock said it was dangerous/potentially lethal for ordinary folk, not that they can't. I assume he said that to discourage people using it and messing with him as well... I'm pretty sure Orani is correct in his assumption.

In regards to the actual topic, I think being able to access previously inaccessible places would be interesting.

EDIT: What do you call those polls that you can multi-pick? Yea I think it should be one of those... Otherwise we're stuck with dissing or supporting one/all ideas which is a bit limiting...

Kitarii 2009-04-18 16:16

I can remake the poll if you want, but you'll lose all current votes.
You can't change it from single to multiple choice, only the other way around.

Regarding teleporting, there's one rabbibunny that says something like,
"Don't use the telepods! Only the clones can use them."
So I'm pretty sure it's not possible for real people to use them.

Medur 2009-04-18 16:29

Of course, real people can't use them. Real people can't use the cheap, practical, harmless telepods, they have to use the planet's public transport system and not lead the world into recession.

This is obviously FAUX PROPAGANDA

Double-J 2009-04-18 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medur (Post 377474)
Of course, real people can't use them. Real people can't use the cheap, practical, harmless telepods, they have to use the planet's public transport system and not lead the world into recession.

This is obviously FAUX PROPAGANDA

OMG!!11!11!

Conspiragasm!!!!

Kobold 2009-04-18 22:28

The Elves seem to be randomly teleported, though. Raymond says so when he gets teleported into the prison at Fortress Island. They show some unwanted interaction with the teleportation system, apparently.
Yeah, but I agree with Medur, it's probably only propaganda to keep people from trying to use the telepods.

Double-J 2009-04-18 22:35

Don't the elves teleport with "magic" though? I'm thinking of Joe from LBA 2, specifically...

Kitarii 2009-04-18 23:00

Note: I put the thread back together because it didn't make sense to split the posts that OBrasilo didn't like. It's a discussion, it hasn't gone offtopic yet.

Battler 2009-04-18 23:04

- Kitarii: It was off-topic. The original topic was an addition to the LBA: The Great Rebellion, then it went to GTA, and hookers, and eventually, to telepods.

And now the thread is back, as it was, but in the wrong section, so it makes even less sent right now. XD

Kitarii 2009-04-18 23:07

People are talking about new features to have in the game, teleporting was being explored to decide whether it's possible (in the LBA universe) or not. If you want to discuss this feel free to PM me, don't disturb the thread.