the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Stellar entity in gestation (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=18585)

Yung 2021-09-16 17:46

The Stellar entity in gestation

Anyone still remember the "entity" spoken of by Sendell at the end of LBA 1's ending? I was hoping to see if this entity will play a big role in LBA 2 when I first saw the CD in a shop. And then it was only after completing LBA 2 that I remembered that it was only going to come "into existence in a few centuries" so if this entity were to make an appearance,it would be a game set some in a timeline centuries after Twinsen's current era. :sigh:

Edit:Oops. I read the other threads and now I think Sendell could have also meant that the stellar entity was still in development centuries earlier and could also appear during Twinsen's time.

Now I'm confused.

SpaceGuitarist 2021-09-18 01:59

We'll find out in LBA3 buddy ;)

Maliavot 2021-09-19 20:17

From what I remember, according to Fred, LBA3's title should be Genesis of the Stellar Entity. But I read this long time ago, so not sure if the new game will be about it. I always wondered WHAT is the stellar entity.

Neko 2021-09-19 22:18

isn't it the thing funfrock wants to merge with?

Who once said that this genesis / sendell might not be a good thing?

Maliavot 2021-09-20 18:56

What if the stellar entity is a cosmic monster, eater of planets, ending to all the life as we know it?

What if Funfrock is the real good guy, and was right all along? In LBA1 he wanted to save Twinsun by destroying the Sendells, and as he failed, then in LBA2 with a broken heart he decided to destroy Twinsun to save the universe?

That would be a plot twist for LBA3.

SpaceGuitarist 2021-09-20 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maliavot (Post 460581)
What if the stellar entity is a cosmic monster, eater of planets, ending to all the life as we know it?

What if Funfrock is the real good guy, and was right all along? In LBA1 he wanted to save Twinsun by destroying the Sendells, and as he failed, then in LBA2 with a broken heart he decided to destroy Twinsun to save the universe?

That would be a plot twist for LBA3.

No.

Neko 2021-09-20 20:39

Yes.

SpaceGuitarist 2021-09-22 01:38

https://redcaperevolution.com/wp-con...2011/04/no.jpg

Medur 2021-09-22 04:42

To be honest I wouldn't count on this particular story line being fleshed out in 2.21's game. It's a new team working on a sequel to a 24 years old game, I don't really expect them to honor ideas that were floated by the original team over a decade ago... I think it's better to have zero expectations.

CS2x 2021-09-23 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medur (Post 460594)
To be honest I wouldn't count on this particular story line being fleshed out in 2.21's game. It's a new team working on a sequel to a 24 years old game, I don't really expect them to honor ideas that were floated by the original team over a decade ago... I think it's better to have zero expectations.

This is probably wise.

SpaceGuitarist 2021-09-23 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medur (Post 460594)

Indeed.

Neko 2021-09-23 15:03

since they are creative directors or something, i kinda asume they will do the original lba3 storyline...but let's wait till they say something.

most important is gameplay, will it be like lba1, lba2 controls? or something very new?

I don't really need a random adventure game with lba models, hope it can still feel the same, being slightly updated

Hin 2021-09-23 20:13

Let's be honest, I just want to roam Twinsun to see what it looks like it nowadays :P

Of course it would be a plus to have a nice storyline, but it's kind of secondary to me now