the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   LBA Prequel (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Speedrunning it, please help. (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17895)

gravel22 2016-04-05 01:23

Speedrunning it, please help.
 
Hi everyone, I made a stream on my channel today titled : Is LBA Prequel speedrunable?

I've installed it and tried to find everything we can get to make a 100% run.

Right now my splits are:

1 - Hegesipe Key
2 - Practice Ball
3 - End

I would like to know if I missed something. I found the rock in the basement but can't open it in any way. I can't find the lighthouse "Jesse" is talking about in another post. I would like to get some help to know every secrets and stuff so I can start speedrunning it.

Thanks :)

Jesse 2016-04-05 08:47

include:

1. lighthouse to the top
2. find basement practice ( I have not found it)
3. find secret end sequence

gravel22 2016-04-05 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 452845)
include:

1. lighthouse to the top
2. find basement practice ( I have not found it)
3. find secret end sequence

But where is the damn lighthouse I can't find it !!?

Also I can't ride horses.

And by basement practice you mean the basement in the bar?

Jesse 2016-04-05 18:36

jump to the mountain above the cave and go north, it's not obvious

Polaris 2016-04-06 13:03

I think you should add the credit sequence as well, as it gives an end for the game...

gravel22 2016-04-06 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris (Post 452854)
I think you should add the credit sequence as well, as it gives an end for the game...

The credit sequence is in the speedrun as it marks the end of the demo. It's the third point of the list :D

Jesse 2016-04-07 11:06

but Zink asked me to not show off the secret locations in the prequel in a video...

Zink 2016-04-08 08:17

gravel22, I think you should first try and find the points for yourself, before you start making the speedrun. I think that would be more... honest :D

As for the ending credits, I don't think it's an ending to the game. I would rather call it a secret second ending. The first ending is to bring the key to the cellar to the bartender, go into the cellar, see what's there, return back up and talk to the bartender (he will say something about having to wait for the full game). This is the designed ending of the demo. To make the speedrun not too short and easy, you may include going to the top of the lighthouse and riding the horse (the cellar should be that last thing you do).

Jesse 2016-04-08 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zink (Post 452878)
gravel22, I think you should first try and find the points for yourself, before you start making the speedrun. I think that would be more... honest :D

As for the ending credits, I don't think it's an ending to the game. I would rather call it a secret second ending. The first ending is to bring the key to the cellar to the bartender, go into the cellar, see what's there, return back up and talk to the bartender (he will say something about having to wait for the full game). This is the designed ending of the demo. To make the speedrun not too short and easy, you may include going to the top of the lighthouse and riding the horse (the cellar should be that last thing you do).

I cant find the cellar anyway haha!
the rest I found

gravel22 2016-04-09 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zink (Post 452878)
gravel22, I think you should first try and find the points for yourself, before you start making the speedrun. I think that would be more... honest :D

As for the ending credits, I don't think it's an ending to the game. I would rather call it a secret second ending. The first ending is to bring the key to the cellar to the bartender, go into the cellar, see what's there, return back up and talk to the bartender (he will say something about having to wait for the full game). This is the designed ending of the demo. To make the speedrun not too short and easy, you may include going to the top of the lighthouse and riding the horse (the cellar should be that last thing you do).

I haven't talk back to the grobo after visiting the cellar, so I never saw that ending! I'll check again but I know one time he gets back the blue ball and I didn't saw any ending credits there.

A 100% run means 100% of the inventory taken which looks like to be the horse meal, key and ball which are the only objects you can take!

Zink 2016-04-12 07:15

Does LBA2 speedrun require having pearl of incandescence in your inventory at the end of the game? No! Because losing it is part of the story. Losing the blue ball is part of the Prequel's story.

EDIT: Also, who said a game must end with credits?

Polaris 2016-04-13 01:22

Giving the umbrella back to Kerraoc's wife is also part of the story, yet you can keep it until the end of the game... I think he meant 100% means all of the possible objects.
But as to find the end of the game, that sounds harder :p

gravel22 2016-04-13 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zink (Post 452900)
Does LBA2 speedrun require having pearl of incandescence in your inventory at the end of the game? No! Because losing it is part of the story. Losing the blue ball is part of the Prequel's story.

EDIT: Also, who said a game must end with credits?

No in fact LBA2 currently submitted runs are Any% which means you do what you want to reach the end of the game without cheats. You can use glitch.

100% run means getting every possible items. If you loose them because it's part of the story it doesn't change a thing. What I want to say is that there's nothing in the basement that adds in the inventory so no need to get there in a speedrun. So that's why I keep the ball.

Though I still haven't checked the ending when you give him the ball..

Zink 2016-04-13 07:18

Does 100% mean all possible items and ending of the game? Then it's simple: losing the blue ball is a requisite to come to the game's ending, so it's not possible to retain it, so it should not be included in the necessary items.

gravel22 2016-04-14 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zink (Post 452907)
Does 100% mean all possible items and ending of the game? Then it's simple: losing the blue ball is a requisite to come to the game's ending, so it's not possible to retain it, so it should not be included in the necessary items.

Ok I've just tried again and I got in the basement and gave him the blue ball and talked to him and there's no ending credits there where I lose control of the character so the end can't be there, it makes more sense to stop the run at the secret endings.

Or I'm plain stupid and can't get endings after the blue ball :hmpf:

Zink 2016-04-14 09:33

Why would you expect ending credits after talking to the bartender? No one ever mentioned such thing.

The secret credits are not the ending - you don't lose control there too. The demo is not a real game, it doesn't have to have a usual ending at all.

Styx 2016-04-14 11:42

I like how there is a discussion between the creator of the game and the player regarding where and how it should end :lol:

gravel22 2016-04-14 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zink (Post 452911)
Why would you expect ending credits after talking to the bartender? No one ever mentioned such thing.

The secret credits are not the ending - you don't lose control there too. The demo is not a real game, it doesn't have to have a usual ending at all.

Ok now things a clear! I don't know how I did that but I understood some post ago that talking to the bartender was the end and that there we're getting a ending scene.

So maybe we should just go downside the basement and get back up to talk to him again, then run to the ending secrets credits.

I'm loosing control of the character at the credits no matter what I press.

:)

Polaris 2016-04-15 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styx (Post 452913)
I like how there is a discussion between the creator of the game and the player regarding where and how it should end :lol:

True dat, so awesome |)

Jesse 2016-04-15 16:14

how do you get in the basement?

Styx 2016-04-15 17:44

The bartender guy opens it once you give him the key. The entrance is a bit tricky because it's stashed right in the corner and you cant see it.

Zink 2016-04-15 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravel22 (Post 452914)
I'm loosing control of the character at the credits no matter what I press.

:)

Oh, right. I forgot about that. But you regain control once the credits are over. (The blockage is just to prevent the player messing with the sequence, because it's a bit hacky).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styx (Post 452913)
I like how there is a discussion between the creator of the game and the player regarding where and how it should end :lol:

I quite enjoy it too :)

gravel22 2016-04-15 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zink (Post 452923)
Oh, right. I forgot about that. But you regain control once the credits are over. (The blockage is just to prevent the player messing with the sequence, because it's a bit hacky).



I quite enjoy it too :)

It's about right to get that discussion. I like to have author point of view before throwing something "official" in the speedrun community. :)

MrQuetch 2017-10-14 20:08

Are you still speed running this at all? Even in these modern days?

If so, what has been your recent most best time?

I know this thread is old.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:39.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, the Magicball Network