the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Relentless editions (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=16066)

Renesans 2011-11-15 23:38

Relentless editions

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to buy the original boxed version of LBA1, but it's very hard to get these days, especially when looking for an unused and still factory sealed copy.

There are multiple editions of the game, such as original edition, gold edition, classics edition, etc. One of the merchants are selling a 'Publisher's Choice' edition (see attachment). Have any of you got this edition? Is the 'Publisher's Choice' label only a sticker or is it printed on the box? If it's a sticker, is it attached to the box itself or to the shrink-wrap?

SebZ 2011-11-16 00:52

The "Publisher's Choice" thing is actually on the box. If you look closely you can see that the silver slash is metallic, and best results are when it's printed on the box itself.

Finding a sealed copy is going to be next to impossible.. :?

I have the Original edition, and a copy for the PS1. The Original edition box has a big dint in the bottom left hand corner (:() and the PS1 copy, the booklet was partially stuck together. The CDs were perfect though. :)

Renesans 2011-11-16 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SebZ (Post 410391)
The "Publisher's Choice" thing is actually on the box. If you look closely you can see that the silver slash is metallic, and best results are when it's printed on the box itself.

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SebZ (Post 410391)
Finding a sealed copy is going to be next to impossible.. :?

Actually there are some at the amazon.com Marketplace which are advertised as 'factory sealed'. Some sellers even sent photos of them when I asked.

Apparently I couldn't find a sealed copy of the original edition anywhere, only of the US gold edition, the US Publisher's Choice and the UK classics edition.

Which edition should I get? I think the gold edition doesn't include the original manual. Can you confirm this?

Double-J 2011-11-16 16:52

When I got LBA 1 from CD access, it was in the jewel case only, but did come with instructions. My version was the "OEM - Europe Only" version. Don't ask me why.

SebZ 2011-11-17 03:11

OEM, Europe only, in the states... I'm sorry but I find that a bit too bizarre. Hahaha!

Double-J 2011-11-19 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by SebZ (Post 410428)
OEM, Europe only, in the states... I'm sorry but I find that a bit too bizarre. Hahaha!

Well that's what I thought too...I was kind of like "wtf" when I opened it up. But I didn't care, haha :lol:

SebZ 2011-11-19 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-J (Post 410473)
Well that's what I thought too...I was kind of like "wtf" when I opened it up. But I didn't care, haha :lol:

Hey, it's LBA, who would? :p

xesf 2011-11-19 15:53

If that "Publisher's Choice" label is on box is very shame. They just screw up that beautiful box. Anyway, for me it seams that its something on top of the box, on top of the factory sealed box.

The Relentless version I've got was also sealed but it didn't had that label.