the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Fan Games (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   LBA1 Remake (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=8596)

Jasiek 2004-11-02 14:26

LBA1 Remake

1 Attachment(s)
High everyone!

I'm makaing models for Citadel Island, and I am also building the whole island ( I hope I'm going to finish it) Here's the image (I made the whole harbor yestarday)
I still have some problems:
I need to make the storage place with that grobbo sitting outside and the office,
( i hope it's not THAT bad :? ) Everything in it was made by me, except for the textures (they are original)

ChaosFish 2004-11-02 16:21

Cool!
You should check with Darkflame, he's responsible for this whole LBA models business :)

morshem 2004-11-02 17:05

Looks nice.

What is it going to be used for?

Jasiek 2004-11-02 17:07

1 Attachment(s)
O'k here's an update, those doors are giving me a really hard time... :stupid:
hmmm The models I already did (since yesterday) are:
Flowers (those in the squaere with funfrock statue)
Lamp post
Bench
Trash can
All those harbor thingies ( sorry I'm too lasy to look for the names in the dictionary... :D ) ( so the files are all named in polish }-) )(that's a language, some people thougt a few times that I was talking about a shoe shine or something...)
Signs (with the name of the part of the island)
The Harbor sign
The signs from the shops ( from the drug store the ticket office and the bar)
BUT, i'm doing this in 3D game studio, so I don't think they will fit to any other program... For now, my goal is to create the whole LBA1 game in 3d
}-) (pretty original huh ?? :stupid: )

SpaceGuitarist 2004-11-02 19:45

I wonder how many times people tried to model citadel island (in LBAdm (theres a full island), RMP, lba 1.5, nouts project (?), unreal map of citadel, a racing map of citadel, and probably several others that are not members of MBN yet...)

anyway good luck (and welcome(?)!!

Kitarii 2004-11-02 21:18

yeah welome!
its really good!
dont want to dissapoint you but i dont think there is a door by the ticket office i think its just a window... :? i may be wrong though!
looks cool though, keep it up!
and dont forget to tell us when its done!

Jasiek 2004-11-02 22:42

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
I wonder how many times people tried to model citadel island (in LBAdm (theres a full island), RMP, lba 1.5, nouts project (?), unreal map of citadel, a racing map of citadel, and probably several others that are not members of MBN yet...)

Well, yes, I'm not trying am I ? :D I'm doing it, and besides, Citadel Island is the first island, if you don't have any time to do the first one, so why bother doing the rest ? I would like to see, someday, the 2 games made with modern graphics, better, more magical :D It would be a good thing to see the another generation of players to play the good old LBA without laughing about the archaic graphic...

Kitarii 2004-11-02 22:51

that is brilliant
sorry guess i was wrong :$

Jasiek 2004-11-02 23:00

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks! :) (it's not brilliant ;) - it still needs a lot of correcting)That Guard post's got some strange colors, and I can't simply make those sand bags correct, so they are a bit strange(and too small), too bright- I hope this will look better when I'll add the lights, Later I'll upload pics of some models I've made.

And here's an old Twinsen i've made, he doesen't move yet though :-/
(I'm not very good at animating you know...)

And the Rest od the Models

SpaceGuitarist 2004-11-03 03:44

Thats great! good luck again!

morshem 2004-11-03 04:26

Yeah nice work!

btw, Twinsen looks really fat there :p

ChaosFish 2004-11-03 16:04

Teh Awes0me

Kitarii 2004-11-03 17:53

yeah make twinsen thin!
after running around three planets a few times hes sure to have lost some weight... :$

Jasiek 2004-11-03 22:58

He's not fat... he is just big boned :D
(Actually he was thinner, but looked kind of stupid, but anyway, The model is not ready, Yet :D )

Jasiek 2004-11-04 22:32

1 Attachment(s)
I have a very bad feeling about this, itls loading to long, that's annoying, if I want to keep the level of detail, without deleting all the objects, i think I'll need to cut it into areas, just like the original LBA was, and that's not the point of all this, There's got to be a another way to do this...

SpaceGuitarist 2004-11-04 22:52

....getting a better PC? :D

Jasiek 2004-11-04 22:59

Nah, mine's pretty good... I think that 3D game studio's just not used to hundreds of entities...

panadol 2004-11-05 03:53

twinsen is a bit fat ;(
but good job :) :) :) :p

Jasiek 2004-11-06 09:01

1 Attachment(s)
Better ?}-) And he's head is not too big, it;s just tha camera angle that makes it bigger...

xesf 2004-11-06 13:19

Man, great work. We need your help in the Relentless Movie Project (RMP) -> [forum] Take a look ;)

Jasiek 2004-11-06 18:04

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, I've got a lot of exams this year (final class of highschool) i have barely the Time to do something for myself (like those models) But hey, if you want some, you can have them, as long as my name's somewhere out there }-)
And one more thing, I did those mothels in the Model editor for 3D game studio,
I don't really know how to use some other programs, and just right now there's no time for learning something new (school sucks...) :stupid:

Kitarii 2004-11-06 19:29

looks good but...
theres something different about twinsen...
:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?
cant... quite... put my finger on it...

Jasiek 2004-11-06 19:37

Yeah, I know, I'm trying to find that thing, I've corrected the Tunic and the sleeves and I think theres something wrong with the head and it's position ;)
But, I'm on it, I think that a few hours more and he's going to be done, an then, the animations }-) I think that I will be able to convert it to a 3DS format, but I don't really Know will the textures be there, and the animations... :?

You know, from the begining I was doing him from the LBA 2 orignal box cover,
And his head looks sort of strange on it. And btw. the model viewer is great help ! :D

His shoes are red... Why the hell did I made them brown :?

Schnitzel-Man 2004-11-06 20:03

The hair's too big.
Otherwise, great job.

Kitarii 2004-11-06 20:05

the amount of hair you have is based on how fat you are
its common logic... duh... :p