the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Last game you've played (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=9819)

Assassin 2005-08-18 13:09

Last game you've played

Well, there's the Last movie you've seen thread so I thought this should be fun too.

I just played Zelda Ocarina of Time for a min, darned Water Temple.. :p

elmuerte 2005-08-18 14:08

last game I finished: LBA
currently playing Grom - kinda like Desperados except that this is a terrible game.

the_angry_monkey 2005-08-18 14:12

Monkey Island on my phone SCUMM emultor

Last game I completed was Another Code DS

Illumina 2005-08-18 14:55

Neo-TF!! ........ on Steam!

morshem 2005-08-18 15:02

Curse of Monkey Island

Gustav Sweden 2005-08-18 15:05

I bought a laptop two days ago and it arrived yesterday and since there is no good graphics card in it the only game I can play in it is Football Manager 2005. I started with it yesterday, hadn't played that game for half a year.

The only other game I played this year was Pro Evolution Soccer 4, but my stationary computer is a bit too old for it so the performance is not really 100%.

Other than that, I play a web-based manager game called Hattrick, www.hattrick.org

Atresica 2005-08-18 15:21

Last game I finished: Final Fantasy 2 (GBA version). It was a fun game, but you clearly see that this is the second one in a long series. Don't expect you'll need complicated strategies or any thought at all in defeating the bosses. The Soul of Rebirth dungeon was a nice addition, but really more of the same.

Currently playing:
Deus Ex 2. It is better than I expected, you get used to the console feeling after a while. The biomods are -even though far less than the previous game- a bit better fleshed out (I love controlling bots). I do think that the storyline is too grosely simplified. Still, it is fun to see that characters from the previous game still matter.
Golden Sun. A fun game, only boring never-ending dialogues. I like the magic system very much though.

About to play: Psychonauts. Damn publishers, first game I wanted to buy in a while (great demo!) but because of complications with the European pubisher, I had to download it :(

Game I gave up on at the moment: Homeworld 2. Some damn difficult missions.

Gustav Sweden 2005-08-18 15:31

Does anyone have any tip on any good (PC) game released this year? It could be any genre except FPS and turnbased strategy. I haven't followed the gaming world much recently, but I've seen one interesting game this year - Darwinia - has anyone tried it out? There's also a very interesting release later this autumn, Age of Empires 3. Looking good...

Assassin 2005-08-18 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Does anyone have any tip on any good (PC) game released this year? It could be any genre except FPS and turnbased strategy. I haven't followed the gaming world much recently, but I've seen one interesting game this year - Darwinia - has anyone tried it out? There's also a very interesting release later this autumn, Age of Empires 3. Looking good...

Black & White 2 is coming in October I believe.

Anyway, just played Sonic R, and finished it. That game is way too short...

elmuerte 2005-08-18 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden

Evil Genius is a great game. Locomotion is also nice.
Both are almost a year old. Can't think of any newer games that where fun.

hobmoblin 2005-08-18 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atresica

Currently playing:
Deus Ex 2. It is better than I expected, you get used to the console feeling after a while. The biomods are -even though far less than the previous game- a bit better fleshed out (I love controlling bots). I do think that the storyline is too grosely simplified. Still, it is fun to see that characters from the previous game still matter.
Golden Sun. A fun game, only boring never-ending dialogues. I like the magic system very much though.

I thought Deus Ex 2 was awesome, I thought the first one was awesome too. As for Golden Sun, I am the master at that game, seriously, I could most likely walk you through it and I haven't played it for ages. - That sounds really big headed.

Last game I played was Star Wars Galaxies - I went hunting with a friend as we discussed the current experience changes.

the_angry_monkey 2005-08-18 16:26

Quote:

I see the influence of Darkflame :p Honestly, you go on one holiday and he's got you playing Golden Sun XD

Golden Sun is a great game - bit the dialogue is ridiculously long, especially when it has that stupid squeak noise to accompany it!

Assassin 2005-08-18 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Muerte
Evil Genius is a great game.

Heh, I just downloaded the demo, it's really good, I should get it..
So last game I played, Evil Genius Demo :p.

Purple Sheep 2005-08-18 17:27

I own like one game from the 21st Century and that's 2001...

Been playing Age of Empires II which I recently bought. Now I have 3 RTSs - one historical, one fantasy (Populous: the Beginning) and one sci-fi (Tiberian Sun).

New games are expensive and probably won't run well on my computer anyway.

LBAWinOwns 2005-08-18 17:31

WCIII, and grim fandango also (first time of three i play without looking in guide for the ticket printer ^^)

Atresica 2005-08-18 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey
I see the influence of Darkflame :p Honestly, you go on one holiday and he's got you playing Golden Sun XD

I love your theory save for one thing: I already played it on an emu before :p

the_angry_monkey 2005-08-18 17:54

Aw dammit.... :D

hobmoblin 2005-08-18 19:37

Quote:

I love your theory save for one thing: I already played it on an emu before :p

But DF made you play it on the emulator right? :p

ChaosFish 2005-08-18 21:50

Duu oood! You stole my thread :(

Anyway read the about the game I'm playing in this thread. And while you're there, make sure it'll have more posts than here.

Assassin 2005-08-18 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Duu oood! You stole my thread :(

Anyway read the about the game I'm playing in this thread. And while you're there, make sure it'll have more posts than here.

You're thread was about discussing games in general, this one is, like the title says, which one did you play last. I don't really think those two are the same but I'm sorry anyway.

ChaosFish 2005-08-18 21:56

I was partly joking ;)

Blind Prophet 2005-08-18 22:12

world of warcraft and lba2

Aule 2005-08-18 23:36

Call of Duty MP

Double-J 2005-08-19 01:33

Madden NFL 2006

Fireball 2005-08-19 01:45

Finished: MGS2 : Sons of Liberty
Played: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory