View Single Post
Old 2016-11-13, 20:50
strange dreamer

Did anyone here know that firefly tarts are real? I'd so want to try a real, zeelichian fire-fly tart made by the good hands of the wannies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
What do you like to cook, Spaceguitarist? Would you call yourself a gourmet chef?
My favorite dish of all (which ended up being one of the first things I really wanted to learn) is a brazillian traditional food, which tastes mostly of corn and sardine, with other stuff that gives it it's particular flavour and texture. It's called Cuzcuz:

I can make other basic stuff (rice, beans, pasta, etc). But I'm far from being a chef (and don't really intend to be one). I suppose in a few months I might be confident enough to cook for a small family without being totally dissapointing or making mistakes in the proportions and quantities, HAHA.

The thing with food is that for me, it is very much like music in a way, it does feel like composing or mixing when I'm experimenting with different peppers and condiments, relative quantities of oil vs water, etc. amount of fried vs cooked, etc. It feels like "dropping the bass or raising the treble", haha. Also, as happens with music, new flavours bring me to unknown places and connects me to subconscious memories I wansn't even aware of, and this is quite a pleasant feeling. I never quite follow any recipes, I really like to invent things, and to feel the balance of things on my own, I believe doing so will greatly speed up the process of acquiring culinary experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cuscuz-paulista-da-vo-dalila-f8-118937.jpg‎
Views:	128
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	10068  
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual