View Single Post
Old 2006-02-26, 02:21
Little Bastard Warrior.

I am going through Baldur's Gate 2 for the third time, still discovering new things and ways to beat opponents. This time I'm a Wild Mage. Does crazy stuff, like killing one self with a falling cow!

So, through guides on the net, and self knowledge, here's a perfect guide to Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal:

------------------------------------------------------

At level 12, the first level spell Chromatic Orb, kills an opponent who fails his saving throw. Combined with the priest spell Doom, this becomes very effective.

---

Shape Change to a Mind Flayer in time stop. Auto hits, plus drain on Int. Zero Int = Death.

---

Demi Lichs can't use Imprisonment on the Slayer.

---

Mace of Disruption +1 or +2 can kill all undeads (including Lichs and Demi Lichs) in one hit. Creatures such as Kangaxx. This means you can actually kill all Lichs by the third chapter.

---

To defeat Mind Flayers: Summon Invisible Stalkers and use Chaotic Command on your Fighters. Now you just have to worry about Int drain.

---

All dragons can easily be killed = Use Finger of Death. It will fail a couple of times, but just Quick Save before you use it.

---

In the area of the final battle in Throne of Bhaal, you can't rest. (This one bothered me for quite some time).
But the if you have a good spell caster has a good Wisdom, he can get the Wish spell to restore the entire party, as if they had rested.

---

To avoid loosing any stats when facing Selfish in The Nine Hells, have his victim use Contingency and Dispel Magic in the Contingency (which should be activated by "Helpless") before facing him.

---

To defeat the Beholder Lairs, just equip your most powerful fighter with the Cloak of Mirroring.

---

A level 40 monk with an AC of -16, can complete the entire Shadows of Amn game alone, without taking damage. (I killed a dragon with my bare fists people! Alone! In under a minute!)

---

To avoid loosing your equipment when you import a character to SoA, press space before you character mourns when you start a new game, then enter your inventory and put everything on the ground, and pick it up again afterwards. WARNING, this does not work in multiplayer. If you do it there, the screen just remains black. To get out of the black screen, save the game and load it. All the equipment will be gone.

------------------------------------------------------

Hope you find my advices useful. With them, BG2 and ToB should pretty much become a walk in the park.

Last edited by Cyberg-Ares; 2006-02-26 at 02:28.