View Single Post
Old 2019-11-01, 05:23
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Which 3D rendering tools were originally used to render movies & assets in LBA2?

Anyone has any idea which software tools were popular back when LBA2 was developed so that we could perhaps identify the most likely tool used for rendering the videos?

I am assuming they used readily available 3d modeling and animation rendering software. Off course they could have developed some custom in-house tools as well.

But the core of my question is that I am interested in understanding the 3d rendering techniques that resulted in that characteristic visual aspect. That look & feel of the 3d objects in the scenes could be reproduced by fans by either using the same software that was originally used during game development, or by creating our own tools with similar computer graphics techniques. Any idea?

I have a similar curiosity about the computer graphics techniques used for the overall look & feel of the indoors environments. The items have a special kind of texture and lightning that I can only guess comes from the typical 3d rendering tools & techniques of that era. Can someone clarify if there are technical terms that could make it easier for me to find more information about these tools and techniques?