Thread: 1 becoming 2
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-27, 11:33
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Sadly I don't think there's any easy answer to the problem.
Some things might help, but its too ingrained and multi-facceted for any easy fix.

I basically think, like any conflict, the best way to reduce fighting or hatred is to raise standards of living. There will always been disarrangement's over religion,political beliefs,land and simple racism. You can never remove that completely from any society.
But when people have a good home, decent standards of living, the chance for a family - they are a lot less likely to start following people that tell them violence is the answer.

I'm sure Axx will have a more precise elevation....

---
and..
-sigh- at you tube comments.
Obamas been trying like mad to get big companys and rich individuals to pay more - its the republicans that have been stopping him at every term- even rejecting closeing tax loopholes that allow the biggest US corps to pay nearly nothing was rejected....thats what the whole "raising the debt ceiling" crap was about over the last half year. It was the central part of the conflict that made it last so long. One side thought massive companies and individuals being as rich as possible (thus no/little tax) was good for the encomy/jobs, the other side thought their tax breaks didnt help anyone and just increased the national debt. -sigh-
Statements like that (aside from having nothing whatsoever to do with the topic) show the sheer ignorance in US politics so it doesn't bode well for understanding anything else.
Thats not to say obama doesn't have many many problems, but they are all quite different to Bush. (who, coincidentally, raised the debt ceiling 7 times without cutting spending at all...)