View Single Post
Old 2017-02-03, 07:09
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
This is the first and last time I will mention my opinion here on speedrunning since I kind of dislike it, so I would just like to say that:

For me, speedrunning any game is like fast-forwarding music or a movie - what's the point? you're missing all that's good about it and that is enjoying the most of it. I surely don't like to hear fast-forwarded music because all the lyrics and the beat gets crumbled up and garbled, same for dialogues in movies, so why would you want to skip all the story and mystery in LBAs if frankly the storytelling was way ahead of it's time (compared to other games) than its combat and "action" in it.

Sure, clobbing enemies with the magicball or punches is fun, but if you reduce the game to just that it gets kinda dull, specially with the AI of it's time.

Makes me confused.
Well tbh speedrunning a game uses so much shortcut you forget about the rest. That being said I can still enjoy playing the game normally.

A year ago I was like you and asking if I should speedrun it or not for the reason you mentioned. Finally decided to go on and have fun with it. I was kind of finished with LBA and it's now a whole new way to enjoy my favorite game. The more I speedrun the more I forget about the story so I can replay it later. It's a misconception.

Also your example with fast forwarding music is totally out of sense. Forwarding music is about pressing 1 button. Speedrunning is about pressing lots of buttons. It's about you and the game. It's a big achievement to stay focused one whole hour and limit yourself to few or no mistakes. It's far away from fast forwarding a song believe me.

It's also really addictive and I'm now addicted to it.
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.