Thread: Japan
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-14, 21:02
Ben Folds live

Send a message via MSN to Lucifer
Japan

Hi everybody,

I'm very happy to announce that I will go to Japan for ten months as an exchange student with YFU International Exchange (http://www.yfu.org).

The Japanese government made fourteen of these scholarships available, from which I have won one. I will stay in a Japanese hostfamily and go to a regular Japanese school, so I will also have to learn to speak Japanese. I don't know yet where I will stay in Japan. It can be everywhere, north or south, in a city or in a village. I hope I will soon get this information together with the info about my hostfamily.

I do not know how much I will be able to make use of computers and internet, or if I will have much time for the MBN. The use of computers might seem obvious, looking at Japan's highly advanced technology, but I am not sure about it. It really depends on my school and my hostfamily.

To make some things clear - I knew about this quite long already, and I believe I have told some of you on IRC once, and Axx and Chaosfish know because of the future of the Twinsen's Adventure website. I have not told anyone else on the MBN yet as I was in a period of low activity (now I'm becoming more active again). My departure is going to be in March, so that's still quite some time, but I wanted to let you know already.

-Lucifer