View Single Post
Old 2017-03-03, 18:10
lba 4 life

New optimisations

Hello fellow speedrunners!

Here are some potential time saves

1. Use clovers at precise place; this will make it less stressfull when running and optimize menuing. I also noticed you guys tend to arm the sword way to often. As far as I know after getting it you only need to do it 2-3 times( on brundle, tippett and at the building site).

2. Before the mutant factory you can get 5 hits by the red grobo before drowning him (it only takes 5-6 seconds and it's actually quite easy). Then when inside hit the wall 7-8 times while waiting for the gate to open like that you can die in 1 hit after doing the eggs. It's a 10-15 secs time save.

3. Yolo strat: at Funfrock headquarters on principal island when getting the sword. After doing the mecca kill the first guy in aggressive mode then kill the white grobo with the ball but you need to be very close to him and hit him before he fires his first bullet. 10 secs time save

4. I finally found a way to get the "kash skip" to work 100% of the time on the GOG/steam version!!!! (for the CD version it was already consistent) When you are on the gate, jump then while still in the air press and hold Enter then press F2 or Ctrl and Twinsen will warp up!