View Single Post
Old 2016-02-02, 10:46
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Please, spare me the false dichotomy. It's not like there's NO heterosexual couples wanting children and looking to adopt - there are. Homosexual couples should be considered for adoption after heterosexual couples have all been given children.
You mean there are heterosexual couples who currently aren't able to adopt children, due to the lack of orphans ? Were there more or less children in orphanages before same-sex couple adoption was allowed ?
Quote:
5 boobs make a movie 16+? Where?
Liza the fox fairy. Now that I think of it, there are a few deaths as well, but it's a comical film, nothing like trainspotting. Anyway it was just used to describe a trend, violence in movies is generally more accepted than sex, which is absurd.
Quote:
And a sexual education program that does what you just described is BAD.
How so ?
Quote:
But the US Constitution says that such things are a state matter, so it is not up to a federal judge to impose gay marriage onto every single state.
I was talking about Slovenia...
Quote:
They cooperate with the likes of NAMBLA, etc., which *ARE* paedophiles.
Source ? Moreover, being a pedophile is not a crime. Sexually assaulting children is.
Quote:
Yes and that is very bad. First, parents should have the final say as long as their child is a minor. Once their child reaches the legal age, however, then they can do as they please, provided they provide for themselves of course. Second, minors should not be allowed such life-changing decisions anyway, because they are simply too immature for it.
Well this is before anything else, a medical choice. If people whose job is the health of humans say it's okay, then I'll believe it is, as I have no knowledge in medicine what so ever...
Quote:
Germany is also autocratically dictating what laws Italy may or may not pass. This is a violation of sovereignity and anti-democratic. They are also imposing crappy policies onto Slovenia, for example, they are insisting that Slovenia should lower minimum wage to €400 per month (currently €500) because it's "too close to average income" when the real problem is that average income is too low.
1. a country hardly dictates things autocratically (espescially a democratic country) 2. I haven't studied the effect of minimu wage on the economic development, so not much I can say in that matter. As such, same as medicine, I believe people who studied that know what they are doing (and as Germany is the richest country in the world, I believe the do).
Quote:
You seriously consider these good things? Come on...
That's not the point, this was more rights given to the citizens.
Quote:
Yes, a referendum which was almost blocked by the same government, and the EU was fine with said attempt to block it.
Maybe, but what was the outcome ? It passed.
Quote:
So allowing uncontrolled immigration and blocking parties that oppose it does not directly affect the lives of the citizens?
As the laws aren't about the citizens, no it doesn't. It does affect their life, but not directly.
Quote:
No, what we need is to give each country its full sovereignity back. That way Greece can pass laws that are best for it, while Germany only has to care about itself and its own citizens.
Each country is free to leave the EU at any time, if their people decides so. Germany might not want Greece to leave, but it cannot and doesn't forbid Greece to do so.
Quote:
Well then, it's up to you to provide a viable alternate explanation for the examples and accompany it with evidence. You refuse to do that.
No it isn't, you're shifting the burden of proof.
Quote:
Blackmail != business. And countries *ARE* people since a country includes the entirety of its citizens.
A society, a bank is not behaving like a human being, and no one thinks of them as human beings. Same goes for governments and countries...
Quote:
No, you said Germany doesn't want to give Greece the money. But Greece currently only needs German money to repay its debt... to Germany. So the money goes right back to Germany anyway. So Germany would be much better off to just write off the Greek debt. Yet they refuse even that. While, of course, demanding Russia do just that with Ukraine's debt. So Russia has to bend over to Ukraine, while Germany can bully Greece all it wants? Sorry, Merkel, it's one or the other, not and.
I have no knowledge of economics, how the international debts work or what are the relations between different countries in that regard, so I can't say much about this... The fact that you still don't cite your sources isn't helping me
Quote:
#RoL @ irc.ringoflightning.net . The rational conservative there are myself, hounsell, and maelask, as well as rezedus and Jelle.
Is it the link in your sig ? edit : That's not a link, I really don't know anything about IRC yet xD
I'll check out the place then. When are people online ?
Quote:
Considering it's that or become Germany's bitch, I'd say it is.
The countries being "Germany's bitch" seem to be doing rather well vis-à-vis the ones that are Russia's economic partners...
Quote:
No. A country's final leader should be its own people, and people elected by the population to represent them, not external politicians.
That's why a central European government elected by all Europeans would be better than what there currently is, as decisions from an international council is felt illegitimate by a lot of EU citizens.
Quote:
I agree, but then again, I agree with that on a much bigger scale too. Let me put it this way - no country should tell another country what their aspirations in life (read: laws and policies) have to be. You on the other hand agree with this principle only on a personal level but discard it completely on a national level.
No countries is dictating what another countries aspiration in life have to be. Countries are telling other countries what certain laws should be and how they should be applied, if they want an economic relation.

Germany and other rich countries do not own the others anything, why would they have to let debts off ? Why would they have to fund poor countries, without expecting anything in return ?

As I said before, you brought these examples up as to how citizen control in Europe was as bad as the one in China. How do your examples (regardless of our personal opinion about the matters) illustrate that ? You've even stated multiple times things that tend to show the opposite...

Last edited by Polaris; 2016-02-02 at 11:02.