View Single Post
Old 2018-04-14, 20:37
Magic Ball Master

LBA 1&2 on Win10 / Peixoto's Patch / CD Copy Questions

Hi All,

I've been trying to get LBA 1 & 2 to run on my Windows 10 machine, and while both work, there are some inconveniences that I'd like to fix (if possible).
  1. While both LBA 1 & 2 run in Windows 10 for me, the biggest issue is the screen resolution. I can't seem to find a way to force scaling. I've been using LBAWin with LBA 1, and LBA 2 runs in compatibility mode just fine. The problem is that I end up with a 640x480 display that is surrounded by empty black space. I've tried forcing a larger resolution/upscaling through the AMD GPU software, but no luck. Is there any way I could force these games to output to a custom resolution (preferably 4K)?
  2. PCGamingWiki is one of my favorite sites for solving most game-related issues. They recommend installing "Peixoto's Patch" for both LBA 1 and 2, which seems to be a wholesale set of patch files for a number of different (older) titles. Has anyone used this with success? If so, it may solve my previous question, since it seems to offer a number of improvements to make the games playable on modern systems.
  3. Lastly, I've been trying to make copies of my LBA 1&2 CDs to avoid any more wear and tear on the discs. I could buy the GOG/Steam versions, sure, but ideally I would like to make clones of these discs. I seems to be running into issues though because the discs are 'mixed media' and so some of the copy software I have used doesn't seem to make an exact 1:1 copy. What software do you recommend using and what is the best way to create exact 1:1 copies of these discs for use without CDs? Or is it possible to copy the disc contents into a file directory and then direct the game(s) to look there?

Thanks very much for your assistance!

-- DJ