View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 19:03
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
You can look inside the buildings, but I guess there'll be some kind of doors, right?
If you look at any original LBA grid, you'll see open doors as well. Doors are active objects. They are not in the grid, but the scene. Yet, in LBA 2 those hatchways didn't really have doors. We might find a solution for that problem later.
Quote:
If you look at the middle building there are two lanterns placed next to the door. Doesn't look very LBA-ish, but way more important is that they are placed on a V shape like gutter. It's not a place where it would stand solid and surely there would be a shadow anyway.
I didn't really think of where to position those lanterns. I failed on that part, you're right. I'll move them around a bit.
Quote:
Keep the textures simple and not too detailed. It's better not to be distracted this much. Also, if you keep the colors of the walls different than the ground, they won't blend in with the environment so much.
What exactly is too detailed for you? The buildings?
Quote:
Oh and keep in mind the direction of the bricks. Light comes from the left, so the right side of buildings should be dark. Right now some of the bricks are reversed (like the lower stones on the walls of the buildings, which are lighter on the right side than the front), or don't have any noticeable 'angle color-difference' like the yellow ground near the water.
Both of these tiles are coming directly from LBA 1, they're not modified or newly created. Though, when looking at it now, the bottom parts of the buildings could really get some help.
Quote:
Not yet there but an improvement the the previous map, yes.
Thanks. Keep the comments coming, guys!