Thread: LBA2 Remastered
View Single Post
Old 2018-02-05, 21:22
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xesf View Post
Hi MrQuetch,

Thanks for your words.

I'd like to apologize, I guess Lupin will fill the same.
We knew you were pretty involved in the model formats and we had most of the things discovered, at the least a good part of it, but we couldn't give much hints compared from what I gave at the time, or else people could notice we both were working on the project. We wanted to keep it in secret until we had something concrete to show.

As documentations are pretty time consuming and we are focus on the game implementation we never improved the specs. We did update some LBA Info wiki pages, but not as we expect.
The source will be available soon, so I guess the community can also contribute by adding as much info into the LBA Info wiki based on what we are doing.

All help is welcome, so I am pretty sure a lot members in the community we be able to help in some shape or form.
I'm glad that you see me this way. If I had known you guys were working on something like this I wouldn't have kept being a bother. I feel really dumb now... It's great to hear all that you've done, and that's pretty amazing that you guys managed to add more to the wiki pages during the progress of it.

I'm currently using the (http://lbafileinfo.kazekr.net/index....=LBA2:3D_model) as a basis for learning how the data is stored in the *.lm2 binary format. I'm writing structs in C to see exactly how the bytes are aligned in memory. It's making more sense now, and I'm getting a better feel for it. The only real thing that is bothering me is the first part of the header - there is no definite data-type. Right now, I'm just using five 'u32's to fill in that empty space.

I'm going to try writing an exporter from either Blender or 3ds Max so I can hopefully start getting models in the LBA2 format. It's a bit of a stretch, but I'm going to make a conscious effort.