View Single Post
Old 2017-02-02, 22:33
strange dreamer

This is the first and last time I will mention my opinion here on speedrunning since I kind of dislike it, so I would just like to say that:

For me, speedrunning any game is like fast-forwarding music or a movie - what's the point? you're missing all that's good about it and that is enjoying the most of it. I surely don't like to hear fast-forwarded music because all the lyrics and the beat gets crumbled up and garbled, same for dialogues in movies, so why would you want to skip all the story and mystery in LBAs if frankly the storytelling was way ahead of it's time (compared to other games) than its combat and "action" in it.

Sure, clobbing enemies with the magicball or punches is fun, but if you reduce the game to just that it gets kinda dull, specially with the AI of it's time.

Makes me confused.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2017-02-02 at 22:43.