Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Fics
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Fics Place for your fan fictions

Old 2001-05-13, 21:28
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
With a new part of my Fanfic!

Personly I think this chapter is not really that good (there are some mistakes in it (style and spell) but I've wrote so much today that I barely feel my hands anymore) but I'm going to continue because I've have a quite nice plot in mind. Also I can tell you that I started with writing a new chapter for the Legend of Magic. Unlike I said before, both fanfics have to do with each other.
I hope you like it (or even finnish reading it), it's quite much...

Chapter 10: 48 hours (part one)

Raiten ordered some gaurds to "clean the mess". The Demension Creature was still trying to pull itself from the wall but the gaurds bound it against the wall with metalic cables.
"Well, there's at least one pros of this stuff: I have got a new piece of decoration," said Raiten while he looked how the creature struggled to break loose. He looked to the others who were recovering from the experience. Twinsen was despertly trying to explane to Jack that he just couldn't cast some "neat spells".
"But.... aren't you a wizard?"
"Yes I am, but as I said before: if I do it I change back!"
"So that's a bad thing?"
"Considering the fact that I would mostlikely be disected by you're scientists if they would find out about me, I rather don't."
"Oh... pitty..."
Twinsen left Jack for what he was and looked to Nesc who was tying bandages around her wound and Raiten who was asking something against her; he could not hear it.
Raiten walked to his desk and grabbed something out of it. It was a metal box with an emblem on it saying Renio Torficta Montor. He grabbed a cigar out of it, put it his mouth and lighted it.
‘I wonder, can they reach us in space?’ he asked while still busy lighting his sigar
‘I don’t think so. We can try it if you can find a ship’ said Twinsen who was somehow fascinated by the way he lighted his sigar, why? He did not know...
‘If I can find a ship?’ asked Raiten with a laugh while nearly choking in his sigar. ‘Mister I own one of the most beautiful ships, the same that was used by your dear ‘friend’, the doctor.
Twinsen doubted that anything that was ever used by his ‘dear friend’ could be beautiful. Jack and Crista also joined the conversation.
‘So how are we going to get there?’ asked Twinsen who knew that he wouldn’t like the answer.
‘Teleportation, but we can’t do it here. Unfortunately the ship still uses a sort of telepod and I haven’t installed one here yet. Luckily I have one in a park nearby’
Jack looked questioning to Twinsen
‘Why would someone put a telepod in a public park?’
At Twinsens gaze he could make up that he didn’t knew it either.
‘Well... there’s one little problem,’ and Twinsen pointed at Nesc, who seemed busy with fighting an epic battle with her bandages.
‘You know, you can always ask us to help you,’ he said while putting his hands in his pocket, ‘unless you’re so incredible superior to me that you wouldn’t need my help.’ He grabbed a couple of scissors and tossed them to Nesc who said something like Thank you but it sounded like Fjanksju because pieces of bandages were stuck in her teeth.
Raiten looked at the two and sighed.
‘Unlike you, Nesc already mastered the ability to transform.’
On the same moment, Nesc transformed into human female with a neat suit on. Twinsen looked more closely to her and discovered there were still treads between her teeth
So much for super-chosen
‘So are we going?’ she asked and smiled pretty arrogant to Twinsen who instantly decided not to say anything about the treads between her teeth
Own fault...

They left the building and walked trough the city.
‘Ehh, why don’t we use a car?’ asked Crista who hadn’t said anything since the attack.
‘It’s much faster this way and no one’s going to recognise us anyway’
Jack wasn’t too sure about that.
‘Because miss, it is much healthier to walk’ said Raiten.
Yeah, right. And the first price of the ‘how-do-I-miserably-fail-to-cover-something-that-other-people-don’t-need-to-know’ contest goes to Raiten

The evening was falling and the city turned from a grey dirty concrete block into a gigantic Christmas tree (even though Twinsen had absolutely no idea what a Christmas was, let alone a Christmas tree). The farther they walked they more green showed up and in the distance were already signs of forests.
Meantime, Jack and Crista were hanging at Twinsens coat for more about himself, after all like Jack said: ‘It might be our only change to talk about this’. Twinsen was more wondering what the TZIA (TwinZeelichian Interstellar Agency) was going to do with that French guy if they would find out about him. Not something good, that was for sure.

Again, some info
===============================================================
Just after the ‘Zeelichian Conflict’ as the ‘invasion’ was called, a new alliance was formed between Zeelich and Twinsun for better protection of both planets. Soon the Alliance took over more and more governmental tasks and became a kind of ‘interstellar government’ of Twinsun and Zeelich. The Twinsunian Zeelichian Alliance became known as the TwinZeelichian Counsel and they decided to use Twinsen as a kind of secret weapon. Al records that proved his existence were deleted or stored on high-secured vaults. Al banking stuff went to a cover name, the 30-year-old sphero Greg Vitog who would live on Brundle Island. The statues were simply ‘a guy who did something cools in the Twinsunees History’ and only the tourist sectors had some problems with it but they soon were silenced with the possibilities that Zeelich had. Because of this secrecy the next problem (the Nerdomian Conflict) was soon silenced after they ‘asked’ Twinsen ‘friendly’ to get rid of them; the Nerdomians didn’t knew what hit them.
This strategy was often used against anything that was a treat. Thanks to this, Twinsen made a awful load of enemies who’s main goal changed from attacking the TZC into finding out who that guy in that blue tunic is and kill him. The last thing he (and the counsel) could use was a guy who knew his identity and didn’t even know it, worse, published it!
===============================================================

They stopped at an old tree.
‘So...where’s the pod?’ asked Twinsen while he was looking around.
‘You’re standing on it’ said Raiten and smiled. A big flash of light and Twinsen suddenly stood on the deck of some kind of ship. He looked freighted around and checked if his body was still in one piece. When he was sure about that, he checked his surrounding and shivered of the looks of it; it looked just like all those other installations of Funfrock. Around them, people (scientists?) were busy with working on computers. Guards run towards him and were doing something strange with some kind of device they hold. They were totally dressed in black and had a helmet, which prevented to see what kind of species they were.
‘Sir, we can’t scan him’ said one of them and grabbed his gun, which he kept on his back. Twinsen had the funny urge to run away when he saw it. It wasn’t the size of the gun that give him that feeling, it was just as large as any other gun he encountered; about a meter long. The main problem was the ammunition of the gun...normal bullets. This doesn’t really look that bad if you don’t count the fact that Twinsen couldn’t wasn’t able to dodge them in any way, let alone that he could absorb their energy like he could with most energy weapons.
‘Don’t you worry, mr Mcmorris. He’s not dangerous.’ said Raiten
The guard put his weapon away and continued with scanning the other one’s. Nesc was trying to change back but some of her body parts didn’t do what she wanted; she still had treads between her teeth. When the guards were finished they walked back to their places and Raiten asked the rest of them to follow him. They entered a room that was connected to the main deck. Ofcourse, the room was as nicely decorated as Funfrocks own personal room in the fortress was. A nice dark-coloured wooden desk was put in the back of the room which walls and floor was build out of some kind of dark-coloured Marble. Behind the desk was a carpet, which hang against the wall. On the carpet was the sign of Funfrock (you know, those two F’s). There was also another carpet on the ground with the same sign.
Feels like being home...

One of the things he always remembered and probably will remember his whole entire life; his first ‘talk’ with Funfrock. After he was captured with that nice cage trick he was first thrown in one of the prisons. Not one like in the citadel but a real dark prison, a couple of meters beneath the ground. At least he thought because there was absolutely no sunlight or sound from the outside. He didn’t know how long he waited there but all the sudden he heard sounds of people coming his way. He felt sick of nerves when they came closer; what ever they wanted it wasn’t something good; that was for sure. They stopped before his prison. ‘They’ were a White Groboclone, a red one and one Quetch guard.
‘The leader wants to have a talk with you!’ Said the Quetch and he opened the prison.
Just what his nerves needed; a talk with Funfrock.
The White Groboclone readied his weapon and put against Twinsen neck.
‘Don’t even try to move a bit,’ said it and the Quetch guard checked if his chains were still intact. After that he signed them to follow him. After walking for what looked eternity they came to an elevator. When they were up there was a small corridor, at the end was a door guarded by two White Gro’s. Twinsen wished that that walk did last an eternity and his nerves were making late hours. The door was opened and he was guided inside.
Funfrock was sitting in his chair and was reading something. When the 4 people came in he looked up.
‘Leave us alone’ he said
‘Sir, are you sure?’ asked the Quetch. Funfrock looked at him with a penetrating gaze. The Quetch nodded and left with the other two leaving Twinsen alone with Funfrock. Funfrock starred at him. Twinsen was about to run screaming away when Funfrock ‘asked’ him to sit down (Funfrocks way of asking is more a form of demanding).
Twinsen immediately did what he asked.
‘Well...’ he began, ‘My original idea was to leave instantly though my curiosity has won of my sense once again. You have to understand that you are something that I have never encountered before. Unlike most people, I’m not afraid of the unknown and I have the funny need to understand everything I do not understand.’ Funfrock was speaking every word very slowly, as if he was enjoying every second of this conversation.
I...’ he began again, ’would like to know what is driving you to do these kind of foolish things. Also I’d like to know what you are exactly.’
Funfrock grabbed a file from his desk. Twinsen didn’t feel anything anymore, most likely because every nerve in his body was exploded. He just sat there and tried to look as if he picked up everything.
Come on Twinsen! Get a grip on yourself!
He tried to act normal but by the looks of Funfrocks face he miserably failed in it. Funfrock smiled to him and this time Twinsen really had it difficult with preventing his body from running away. Funfrock looked in the file.
‘I see, you clear have a reason to hate me... I...am so incredible sorry for the loss of both your parents. If I knew your mother would die from that awful decease I wouldn’t have arrested your father. Honestly! Though you have to admit that it was also your fathers fault, he shouldn’t have passed that information to those foolish rebels even how useless that information appeared to be in the end.’
Twinsen felt like he would explode any second. He always considered honour something useless and old-fashioned but now it was different, totally different. But he couldn’t do anything but listening because if he would make any attempt to attack he would find himself beneath the earth before he could even say ‘bastard’. He closed his eyes and hoped the pain and hatred would fade away.
Funfrock looked at him disappointed for a second and continued.
‘You know, I found it so sad you have screwed it up this way, you had such a fantastic future. Normally I would give people like you a second chance...The problem is that this is already your second chance, so now you have to face the consequence...’
Second chance? What does he mean?
Funfrock stood up and walked towards him. He stopped next to him and he looked like he was inspecting him.
‘Stand up!’
Twinsen did what he asked because he knew the alteritive wouldn't be nice. Funfrock walked around him.
‘If I knew it was so easy I would already have founded you when you were still a child’
He stopped.
‘You have absolute no idea what I mean, eh?’
He smiled and grabbed Twinsen at his hair, he continued with inspecting his body.
‘Exactly the body you would expect of something like you; fragile yet athletic. Perfect to store mana with, no useless muscles to loose precious energy to. And if I’m not mistaking your arms are longer than that of the average Quetch, most likely to increase the storage of magic before releasing it. What can I say Mister Twinsen, you are definitely a mutant. That your parents even accepted you, but I guess mutations are usual for your family.’
Twinsen stared in the front of him and played with his fingers, it often prevented him from exploding in rage but this time he wasn’t sure how long it would last before his method wouldn’t work anymore.
‘What do you think that will happen if you do defeat me? Oh yes, they will see you as a saviour, but how long will it last until they are going to ask questions? Perhaps they become afraid of you, that they can’t control you any longer. The most certain thing that will happen is that they will abuse you until you die, and do you know who will be the biggest abuser of them all?’ Funfrock smiled at him, ‘indeed, it will be your goddess, Sendell’
Twinsen turned his head towards Funfrock and starred at him with a face full of hatred.
‘I know, it’s hard to except reality like it is, I had to do it too. The only thing you have to accept is that you’re born to be abused, that’s all.’
Funfrock looked straight in Twinsens eyes.
‘Every time I look at you I wonder if it isn’t your fault that your parents are dead’
That was it! Twinsen could no longer control himself and tried to attack. But Funfrock was prepared and he easily stopped Twinsens attempt and threw him against the desk. He grabbed him and looked with a freezing gaze straight in his eyes.
‘If I was you,’ he whispered in Twinsens ear, ‘I wouldn’t try to do that again because than I’m going to dissect you alive...’
He threw him down again and returned to his own chair. Twinsen climbed up looked full hatred to Funfrock.
‘Sit down’
Twinsen refused
‘I said: “sit down” or do you have some kind of masochistic wish?’
Twinsen sat down.
‘I must say you have an incredible self-control for some one of your age, especially for some one who supposes to be aggressive of nature.’ he said amused and smilled
‘Wh..what. This...this was a game?’ said Twinsen careful.
‘Indeed’ he answered proudly.
‘W...why?’
‘I am the person who asks the question if you didn’t noticed yet, but anyway, it is because I wonder how long it takes to let some one explode, you definitely last longer than the average rebel. It's something that always facenates me. Now its time for a new game, I don’t have a name for it or something, not everything needs a name. The rules are simple: I ask a question and the only thing you have to do is answering it. The way you answer will be vital for your survival. If I like you answers, you can expect a quick and painless death or you can rot away in one of my prisons. If I don’t like your answers you can expect a very slow and painful death or also life long but than as a guinea pig. I hate people who lie and also people who try to kiss my boots, so beware.’
Twinsen didn’t feel good at all but he had to drag himself through this.
‘So, what is driving you to do this?’ asked Funfrock and he put up his favourite smile.
‘You...abducted my friend, I tried to find her’
‘That’s all?!’ replied Funfrock disappointed, ‘what...what about the legend, weren’t you driven by that?’
‘Not in the first place, it came later’
‘Interesting. And I always thought... This opens new ways Mr. Twinsen.’
He said down and looked qeustioning to Twinsen.
'What about your parents, weren't their deaths the reason of your rebel'
Twinsen looked down for a moment.
'I...I don't know' he sighed and closed his eyes, this was going wrong, he didn't know what to answer.
'So you don't know eh?' replied Funfrock mocking. 'I think you're afraid to answer what you really mean, you're afraid that I'm going to do something bads with you'
And he looked at him with a look that didn’t mean something goods. And suddenly it became very clear to Twinsen.
‘You were planning to use me as a guinea pig all along, it didn’t matter what I would say...isn’t it?’ He asked stunned, ‘you were playing another game with me.’
‘Mister Twinsen, you are too smart for this world.’
He’s sick, he definitely is
‘Such a pity, now I have to say goodbye’
He stood up.
Twinsen looked stunned at him.
‘See you on the operation table. Oh and one more thing’
Funfrock lifted his hand and tried to beat Twinsen but Twinsen was able to stop it and he stick his tongue out. Immediately he was hit by Funfrocks other hand.
‘Tsk tsk, naughty Mr. Twinsen, but it doesn’t matter any longer, normally I would ask some one to teach you some manners but time is short’ Funfrock grabbed something out of his desk and put it against Twinsens head; it was a sleepball gun.
‘Au Revoir mr. Twinsen, I hope for you that things like reincarnation excist because I can tell you you won't enjoy this live very long’
And everything went black.

‘So, I think we should go back to business' said Raiten and sat behind the desk. 'Don't you agree mr. Twinsen?'
Twinsen pulled himself out of his thoughts and looked to Raiten who told Nesc that she had some treads between her teeth.
'I suggest,' began Raiten, 'that we're going to try to clear some things, like why these demension creatures are attacking us, and why the counsel is so interrested Nesc.'
'I agree but where do we start?' asked Twinsen.
Nesc walked towards him.
'We... were wondering if you could help us with something els,' she said with a quiet voice, almost whispering.
'Nesc, we can do that later' replied Raiten irritated. Nesc ignored Raiten and contineud with talking.
'I would like to why I am here, why I'm created.... I hoped you would have some answers'
'I'm sorry, before we met I didn't even know you exsisted'
Nesc looked around her.
'There must be a way to..to discover that!'
'Well, perhabs the computers say something about this,' said Twinsen.
'We already checked the computers, there was nothing in it,' Raiten seemed verry annoyed by Nesc's question.
Why...?
'But we also found files we couldn't excess,' she said while she looked surpriced to Raiten who still looked irritated.
'Can I make a suggestion...?' They looked to the person who said it, with all this talk they totally forgot about Jack and Crista. Jack step to them.
'I can try to hack it, but I need some help, I'm not really positive about being able to that language of yours'
'You can?!' yelled Nesc and grabbed Jack. 'Please, help me'
'Alright,' he said while he nearly choked, 'but I first need some stuff of myself, I left all of it at home, so I need to get that first,'
'I'll go with you,' said Twinsen, 'the most important thing is that you (he 'pointed at Nesc') stay on board so the DC's won't be able to attack you.'
'Okey'

They walked back to the room with the telepods and were beamed back after Raiten gave them somekind of transmitter which they could use to contact him after they got the stuff. After a while they reached Jack's appartment.

'Geez,' said Jack while he looked at the mess on his desk. 'I think it's going to take a while before I got what I need.'
'I can wait,' and he took place on the couch in the room. He looked around him. He really wondered if he did well in trusting him, not to mention Raiten. Another thing bothered him; why would Funfrock create such a powerfull being just to let it be destroyed? He knew that Funfrock had a sick way of being curious, he already experienced that himself. But why this being...?
I'd better write this down in my dairy.....
He searched in the pockets of his coat
....if I can find it...
but remembered that he put it in his bag....which was still at the police office....
'Say Jack, do you have a pensille and a paper?'
'Sure, why?'
'I just need something to write with and on'

After he wrote it down he waited a little while. When Jack was finnaly found the stuff he needed they left the appartment.

'Ehm, Jack, I have to get something somewhere. You'd better return so you can start with searching for those files okey?'
'Okey,' and he left after reciving the transmitter from Twinsen.

After walking for a while and following some directions from some Terrins he finally came at the police office.
Alright Twinsen, he began agaist himself, this time you won't be so stupid to cause havoc again and getting your ass hunt down over the entire planet, okey? His conscience agreed with him and he entered the office.

'May I help you?' asked a man behind a desk.
'I lost something and I wondered if you would have found it'
'Alright, how does it look like?'
'It's a dark blue bag with a paper on it cntaining the following marks,' he wrote 'waterproof' in Twinsunees on a paper and give it to the man. 'It does also contain a iron box and another boxlike thingy'
'Alright,' said the man while looking with doubt to the stranger in the front of him, 'I'll see what I can do for you,' and he walked away.
After waiting for a while, witnissing a guy being dragged into the office by two other guys in uniform and whishing something like this wouldn't happen to him this time he guy came back with two other police men.
'We...would like to have a word with you concerning this bag of yours.' said one of them
'Ahh...' was the only thing Twinsen knew the say on that moment, his thoughts on the other hand were quite colourfull, but eventually they all tried to say one thing: "Fuck"
'You also look very simular to a person who disappeared from a hostipal a few days ago.'
Twinsen looked around himself. Two policemen in the front of him, two behind him, three in the front of the door, one that entered with a large dog and one behind the desk. In other words, there was no way he could just run away this time without ending as a sieve...
'Would you please come with us?' said one of them
'What's the alternitive?' he asked carefully
'We can also drag you with us,' said the other officer.

Twinsen was put in a chair with a table in the front of it. One of the policemen said at the other end of the table and the other one stood at the door. The walls of the room were gray and made out of concreet. There was a window in one of the rooms but looked like a hugh mirror.
'So... accourding what we have heard from the doctor you're name is Tom Vrenliv, this is strange because we have checked the world's name register and we could only find on person who's named that way and he is 87 years old' began the policeman before him with a sceptic face. The guy was slender, had a little beard and Twinsen estimated him around the 35 years old.
Before Twinsen could answer the guy contineud. '1,5 kilo of Heroiene was found in you're blood... The vains of a normale person would have been exploded because the blood wouldn't be able to go through it anymore... Why did you survive?'
'Ehh, I was lucky?'
The policeman was oviously not ammused by his answer.
'We will keep you here for some days, it's purely for your own safety'
Where did I heard that before...
'You see, we have reason to believe that they have connections with the RTM. I don't know if you know this but there were murders simular to this one but after they got you they stopped. It might be posseble you were a target of them and that they wish to try to kill you again when they find out you're still alive. That's why we wish to keep you here for a while before we are sure that they won't try again,' said the guy at the door. He was darker skinned than the other one and was around the 30.
'I really apprichiate your consurn about me,' said Twinsen while he stood up, 'but I really can't stay here long I have to do other things. Don't you worry, I can take care of myself'
'It's your live we're talking about, you punk! I don't care how many fighting sports you master but officially we have to protect you and damn we will because if there is only a slight chance we can nail those guys of the RTM we're taking it! You got that?!' screamed the guy before him and he forced Twinsen to sit again.
'Those terrorists killed over 20 million people with "their little fire"!' He raged on, 'and you're putting you're own plans first?!'
Twinsen knew that there was no way to argue with this guy and agreed to stay a few day on the office. Apperently they didn't have special places to keep 'importand' people in because his temporarely place to staying was an ordinary prison cell.
The night fell and Twinsen lied down on the bed that stood against the wall. In compair with the bed he was used to encounter in prisons, this one lied quite nice. He looked at the remaining light that shined on the seeling. Thoughts flashed through his mind but non of them made sence. He sighed, how would things contineu? Nothing made sence, why did those terrorists want him dead? Why was Raiten so irritated by Nescs question...why did Nesc exsist. He searched through his entire brain; hoping for some answers but he couldn't find anything at all. He was tired. Tommorow, he would try to find some more answers, tommorow, not not. And he fell asleep.

He felt heat, unspeakeble heat comming his way. It was a gigantic fire. When he looked closer he saw hugh buildings burn and people who tried to flee from the fire but they didn't come far. Men, women and children, all of them were burned alive and the air was filled with their screams for help and the stench of burned courpses. He looked behind him and saw people standing with guns and and they looked to something high up in the air with faces full fear. All of them weared somekind of uniform, and they were all in the 20. On the uniforms stoof the innitiate R.T.M.. Twinsen looked to it and saw a creature standing on a building with a face full of pain. He tried to look closer but was....

...waked up by one of the policemen he talked with yesterday.
'Come on, wake up' he said and pushed Twinsen.
Twinsen opened his eyes, 'ehh what?' he asked confused.
'We just got to order to give you your stuff back and to let you go' he said and give him his bag.
Twinsen stood up and looked to him, it was the darker skinned one.
'You'd better leave, my collegue is so furious he could kill you right now.'
Twinsen nodded and was guided back to the entrance.
'If you encounter those people again, don't hessitate to call us'
'I won't,' he wanted to leave but changed his mind and turned to the policeman.
'Tell you're collegue...I will do everything to help you with the RTM problem'
The policeman nodded and Twinsen left. Yes, it was for sure. Something was going to happen, something bigs and he wondered what kind of part he would play in it this time...

Chapter 11: Revelations

After a while he reached the pod and fortunantly someone was waiting with a transmitter. They went onboard and Twinsen was guided to Raiten. Raiten was still ion a bad mood ("What the hell were you doing at the police station, if you wanted t back you could have asked me!" "So you knew about it?" "Ofcource I do, I own everything our here!") On the other hand Nesc was looking as if she just won the jackpot.
'So how's the progress?' he asked
'Exelent!' she jelled. 'We almost hacked every document. The only thing you have to do is to translate the documents, you see, I can only read Northern Twinsunees and everything is written in Southern Twinsunees'
'Alright I'll take a look to it'
Nesc handed some papers to him and he started to look through them.
'And?', she asked after a while.
'Some of them are desighn scematics of the ship. Others are about later invenstions. Though I have found one that might be interresting,' he showed it to Nesc. 'On this one are the scematics of both our DNA; the things that are different and are equal of them are standing in the left corner (he pointed them), unfortunantly there are many terms I do not understand....'
'So...there is nothing about why I am here?'
'I'm sorry... Still this document might be more importand than we relise right now'
Nescs averted her face and her happyness faded away
She sighed and looked to Twinsen. 'Well, there are more documents to hack so I won't loose faith yet.'
Twinsen walked to Jack and Crista who were discussing how they would hack the following files. Twinsen didn't understand one bit of it so he just said down behind them and read through the document he was helding in his hand. He couldn't make much sence out of that aswell but still tried to continue, hoping he would stumble upon something that would make more sence.
He looked to another scematic. It did not only show his DNA but also a strange 'honeygrid'-like thing placed over the drawing of his DNA (which was drawn as a kind of tree). The word "soul" was connected with an arrow to it. He also noticed that there was a serten structure of lines that were connected and lines who weren't connected in the 'honeygrid'.
Would Funfrock...have discovered how to decode the soul?
He HAD to know more about this and searched farther. Finally he stubled upon an equal drawing only than the one of Nesc. He held his beside it. There was an hugh resembelance between them, a hugh one yes but it wasn't a copy. The were also many resembelances between the DNA drawings but he already knew that their DNA's wouldn't be very different. Another text cought his eye. Accourding this one Funfrock found a serten "compacted" DNA string inside him, it would have to do with his ablility to transform. He used the DNA to create Nesc.
So she commes fort out of me? He looked at her I wonder how much Zoë would like the fact that we have a new daughter... one created by Funfrock
He smilled at the taught and contineud reading but did not find anything about the reasen why Nesc was created.
'Hey'
Twinsen was pulled ut of the document and looked to Crista who placed herself beside him.
'Found anything of interest?'
'Yes I did, but not what I would have espected.'
'What do you mean?' she asked curious and looked on the pages with the scematics.
'It's diffeculd to explane but I think Funfrock was bussy with something simply.... revolutionary'
Crista look with a questioning face to him.
'The 'honeygrid' you see on the scematics is accourding him the soul. I think he was trying to decode it and perhabs even editing it.'
'Editing the soul? But how is that posseble, I thought they discovered that personalities were formed by the enviroment.'
'Well, accourding him, the body exsists out of 3 things: the body, the soul and the spirit. The body is editeble by editing DNA. The soul would be like the BIOS of a computer, the starting data or in this case, the starting personality. This would be changed in serten ways by the enviroment the person grows up but he or she would keep an altered version of the prime personality traits given by the soul. The things that change by the enviroment are being 'saved' by the spirit, the spirit is also the keeper of Mana, memmories and it would cause the nervepulses. Also, when you would die your spirit and soul would remain and be transfered into another body; a kind of reincarnation and the spirit would be 'formatted'. Often not everything is being 'deleted' and people remember thing of their previous live perhabs even lives.
'But what about the fact that serten genes would also posses personality traits like agresivity?'
'Some of parts of the 'Soulgrid' are connected to the DNA, it is combined with the chemical itself. However, the Soulgrid only excists in living cells'
'Wow, that guy must have been smart...'
'Indeed, such a pitty he was as smart as insane....'
Jack came towards them.
'Alright the computer is decoding the last and also the largest file. I don't know how long it's going to take.'
'I see' said Twinsen and he stood up. 'Nesc, I need to tell you a bit'

The explaned about the stuff he found and showed her the scematics.
'So Funfrock tried to alter mine soul?'
'Well, he wrote that he has put a part of his soul into you so there would be no way you could "transform" into "another" me.'
'I see, so I do have a part of his soul in me?'
'Indeed, but he also used some parts of his DNA to create you.'
'Hmm.... You know him...why would he do something like that if the only reasen why I excisted was to die? Or did he only do it to try out?' she asked while looking confused.
'That's the same question I'm asking myself aswell. If you ask me Nesc, you're not just an experiment. I've seen enough experiments and you're too "perfect" to be one.'
Nesc smiled. For some reasen, it frightened him, she defently looked scarier than a normale alien or demon, even if her appearence wasn't scary at all. Perhabs because he knew she came fort out of his body...

'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON MY SHIP???!!!' Screamed Raiten from the other room.
'What the?' wispered Nesc and they all went to Raitens room.
In the front of Raiten flooded a small figure, it was covered with scales and had an allegator-like mouth. The eyes were like those of a cat but with an orange 'iris'.
'I'm here to deliver a message to the Chosen One named Twinsen' it said with a rather normale voice.
'That's me,' said Twinsen and walked toward him. The creature give a scroll to him, greeted him and disapeared into thin air.
'What was that?!' said raiten articulading every word.
'That was a Rhourth-Harh, they are a kind of gods but they also deliver special messages...So I wonder..' he looked to the scroll in his hand and roled it open. After he read it he roled it close with a stunned but suspriced face, as if he couldn't believe the message.
'Was does it say?' asked Jack.
'It's...my mission....,' he sighed soundless and turned himself to the others,
'I....,' he began, 'have to kill Nesc.'
Old 2001-05-13, 21:51
into Dreams

Send a message via MSN to nights000
woa huge!!!
Old 2001-05-13, 21:52
LBA fan

Ok, amazing fanfic

[Edited by the Heir on 18-05-2001 at 00:21]
Old 2001-05-16, 22:43
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
'Great'?
That's one of the biggest understatements I ever heard!
I have only just got round to reading it, and its AMAZING!.
Well done Atresica!
------
The detail in it is very good, I especially like the idea of Twinsens arms being longer so he can store more magic.Thats a really neat idea (..or maybe I like it because my arms are longer then most peoples ...)
I also like the idea of the sprit being reformatted, very neat analogy.
-------
ATTENTION
Anyone who has been two lazy to read it, and just skipped down to the bottom messages: READ IT NOW!
--------
Atresica- Again, Well done. As always, I look forward to your next installment.

[Edited by Darkflame on 16-05-2001 at 22:48]
Old 2001-05-16, 23:15
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Thank you, thank you very much!
Old 2001-05-17, 13:13
Loud & Heavy

Send a message via ICQ to V2
sorry, i can't give any feedback yet. it's huge and i don't have the time to read it now so i'll just save it on my hard disk and read it later.

Death Metal... for life!!!
Old 2001-05-17, 16:20
What is this place?

Okey by me

I know it's much but that's because I started with it when my computer was down...
Old 2001-05-17, 19:04
Magic Ball Master

Amazing! It's huge so I didn't read all of it (yet), but I really like it so far!
Old 2001-05-18, 00:47

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Damn Atresica....you have really learned how to write interesting stuff in the past yars......dramatic improvement. The literature is unbelievable....and when I say that I mean it....These are the only chapters that I read from your new fanfic and I can already feel the suspence....THe suspence is great!!!!!!
Old 2001-05-18, 08:44
it hurts

I havn't read it but i will soon do it. I'm in scool now. We have a dummy techer!! Fuck her! See you soon...
Old 2001-05-18, 19:20
What is this place?

Thanks Lightwing, don't forget you're a great writer aswell.

It's funny to read the entire Prologe over again, than you really see how much writings styles improve.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that one of the characters become to "Mary Sue-ish" but I already found a solution to that problem.
Old 2001-05-18, 23:36

Mary Sue....Mary Sue....hmpf....sounds folkish....
Old 2001-05-19, 10:34
What is this place?

Mary Sue is a character made up by the author. This Mary Sue is what the author wants to be in real life. So if you want to because a famous hacker or something: you're MS can hack, if you want your MS able to cast spells, your MS can cast spells. The most importand thing of all is that MS has those powers for no reasen at all (and also constandly whines that you have to be carefull with great powers because it also brings great responcebilities.
Another thing is that MS is always loved by the (main)characters and that sometimes the (main) characters get jalous on each other; jalousy caused because they love her.
And that the day is akways saved by her (she often dies while she saves the day).
There is also a male version, the onl thing you have to do is to replace the she's with he's.

For more info:
http://www.echelon.ca/aldowdall/ld/marysue.html
http://enterprise.mathematik.uni-ess...a/MarySue.html
Old 2001-05-19, 20:10
Neko

whoa huge!

I have no idea when i will resume
i don't even remember what my one was about in the last chap
Old 2001-06-06, 07:50
Pony A-sploded!

Send a message via ICQ to Simon
Talking

Before Twinsen could answer the guy contineud. '1,5 kilo of Heroiene was found in you're blood... The vains of a normale person would have been exploded because the blood wouldn't be able to go through it anymore... Why did you survive?'

haha
Old 2001-06-06, 07:51
Pony A-sploded!

great work atresica
Old 2001-06-06, 22:16
What is this place?

Thank you Simon

But what did you mean with "Ha ha?"

Old 2001-06-06, 22:20
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Maybe he thought it said something else.
Old 2001-06-06, 22:40
What is this place?

Well, some parts sound wierd, it's still beta
Old 2001-06-06, 22:59
Classic

I like the Heroiene bit, weird is good
Old 2001-06-07, 06:11

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Before Twinsen could answer the guy contineud. '1,5 kilo of Heroiene was found in you're blood... The vains of a normale person would have been exploded because the blood wouldn't be able to go through it anymore... '

Yeah, that part was preatty freaking hallarious....hihihi
Old 2001-06-07, 08:26
Pony A-sploded!

well with my "haha" I meant it was fun (duuuh lol), I mean Twinsen and Heroiene?
Old 2001-06-07, 20:04
What is this place?

oh well.....

Is it really that hirarious?
Old 2001-06-07, 22:15
Mageling at heart

In the words of Twinsen: "Wooooooo" (*waves arms up and down like Twinsen does for some strange and unknown reason*)

I think that's really good! The longer and more original the better!

I'm doing another dead long one that will be finished within the next decade... possibly...
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2001-06-12, 19:10
Extraordinary Machine

Send a message via AIM to Keds Send a message via Yahoo to Keds
Hey,

very nice Atres. I didn't read all of it... I got somewhere upto Funfrock hitting Twinsen... but indeed, much suspense. I'll have to read all your work some day.

Is English your second language? If so, it's even more impressive.