Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

View Poll Results: Should the talk about Spam stop?
Yes 9 50.00%
Yes 6 33.33%
I've got the feeling my choice is a bit limited... 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-04-30, 17:55
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Should the Talk about Spam and such finally stop?

I, and it seems wacko's agreeing with me, think this forum got into wayyyy too much tension since the whole bullshit of spam or what ever has started

Personaly I get sick to read every other post that someone's accusing someone else of spam

Now, I presume all people here can read, so I'd like to direct all of your to my recent "What is Spam" thread in this same forum.
I also presume people will understand what I mean, and will try to see to prevent doing such themselves so no one needs to point someone else out that something is spam.

Also, in the last place, a few months after the begining of the forum, moderators were elected. While some seemed to have disapeared, others still try to do their job and actually do their job.
What I want to ask is: Stop playing moderator. I believe Wacko and I are addiquate enough to be able to judge posts ourselves.
If you really think something is utter spam, PM us, and we will look into it again.

Finally, if you really think something is spam and wacko and I aren't going to do about it: Don't look, no one's forcing you to look.
I didn't really see the point in the Zed Thread and such, but do you see me constantly complaining about it?

If everyone is so nice to corporate with us, I'm sure we can have a nice, tidy forum, without having that Spam-Gestapo-culture we currently seem to have (is it just me or are there lately many Nazi-referces?)
Old 2003-04-30, 18:00
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
*agrees*

most true spam seems to be just pointing out someone else is spamming these days...
Old 2003-04-30, 18:19
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I quite agree, but you're missing something. The definition of the word "spam" isn't relevant here. Unlike the Zed thread, which was mostly a discussion (and it really doesn't matter about what), Gustav's recent thread is, as I said already, "a combination of words that doesn't serve any purpose". I belive no one here thinks something good about this thread.

But I totally agree with you about "people playing the mods". I was like that not a long time ago (with stupid posts like "-->Off-Topic"), but I stopped, and I believe everyone should stop that.
Old 2003-04-30, 18:40
Le dictateur

I agree. endless posts where people say "This is spam" have no place in those threads and therefore spam themselves.

And as for makeing seperate threads for discussing Spam, why? People know they shouldn't spam.

Too bad they don't always listen
Old 2003-04-30, 19:34
Magic Ball Master

*claps for Atresica*

I'd also like to add that if you see a thread in which you don't see the purpose, or you don't like the subject, to just ignore the thread instead of posting negative comments. Those only turn out in fights.

"Don't care? Don't post."

morshem: maybe. But if those nonsense threads stay to a minimum (only CS2x opened them now and then, Gustav now just happened to make one) I don't really care. If people want to talk utter crap, they can do it in a thread like that.
Ofcourse it would be different if a lot of those threads would suddenly appear. Then we'd just stop them. But it's not a problem now.
Old 2003-04-30, 19:52
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
You have turned weaker. Earlier on Asterica would close all so called crap thread.

Morshem: You are wrong. Everyone likes them. Except you.
Old 2003-04-30, 19:58
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally posted by morshem
I quite agree, but you're missing something. The definition of the word "spam" isn't relevant here. Unlike the Zed thread, which was mostly a discussion (and it really doesn't matter about what), Gustav's recent thread is, as I said already, "a combination of words that doesn't serve any purpose". I belive no one here thinks something good about this thread.

Oh, I am *missing* the point? And the definition of spam *isn't* relevant?
Well, then Arch Mod Morshem, tell me, what do *you* think that is relevant?

Quote:
But I totally agree with you about "people playing the mods". I was like that not a long time ago (with stupid posts like "-->Off-Topic"), but I stopped, and I believe everyone should stop that.

I did not mind the ---> stuff, I mind the comments saying "This is spam, this should be closed"
Therefore, the cauldren calls the kettle black...
Old 2003-04-30, 20:46
Commander

Send a message via MSN to Jon
the talk about spam should stop people always say you're spaming even if you really arent im trying to stop spaming myself and saying this "stop spaming" its anoying
DFI LanParty NF4 ultra-D
Patriot 1.5gig DDR PC3200 @ 520
Ultra V-Series 500 Watt
Old 2003-04-30, 21:06

Jon, ever heard about commas and periods?

Actually Jon, last week you revived a one month old thread to tell us that someone is spamming, which is a double "sin".
Old 2003-04-30, 21:16
Commander

Quote:
im trying to stop spaming myself and saying this "stop spaming
read morshem,read
DFI LanParty NF4 ultra-D
Ultra V-Series 500 Watt
Old 2003-04-30, 21:18

Yeah, what I meant is that you're saying you're trying to stop spamming, while you actually revived a thread with a post "he's spamming".
Old 2003-04-30, 21:21
Commander

well today im stoping!
DFI LanParty NF4 ultra-D
Ultra V-Series 500 Watt
Old 2003-04-30, 21:23
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
Sure Atre love ~

Would someone fking shoot Morshem already ~~~~~

Old 2003-04-30, 21:36
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I hate those spam arguments.

Atresica is right.
Old 2003-04-30, 22:05
What is this place?

How ironic, in a thread where I kindly ask people to stop complaining about spam and/or accusing each other of spamming, people are accusing each other of spamming...
Old 2003-04-30, 22:25
Magic Ball Master

This spam shit sucks. The forum isn't as fun anymore, and because of that, I'm much more active at other forums. I've said my peace. Thnk you.
Old 2003-04-30, 22:46
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Actually, you cant say anything since you triggered it all with your General forum spam for higher postcount. Then, since people likes to go witha flow even online it continued, when the mods had attacked the spammers, those who didnt think just continued, etc. This all (starting with DJ and the mods) has really made the forum worse. In much more things than teh ones I mentioned.

Morshem: Why do you think it is a HUGE sin to "revive" a thread? Is it because someone said so before when you did such a thing?
Old 2003-05-01, 06:56

No, I actually never revived a thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
This spam shit sucks. The forum isn't as fun anymore, and because of that, I'm much more active at other forums. I've said my peace. Thnk you.
You've got a point there...
The spam talk makes this forum much less enjoyable. However, no way I visit other forums, as I love this place, perhaps more than anyone else here.

Last edited by morshem; 2003-05-01 at 09:32.
Old 2003-05-01, 18:26
Original Vultures

Send a message via AIM to Vultures Send a message via MSN to Vultures
I totally agree with mah girl and wacko : If a thread does not interest you, ignore it...
There are mods on this board, they have their role, and we don't have to replace them...

Take a look on http://www.twinadv.net !

V.U.L.T.U.R.E.S : Vigilant Upgraded Lifeform Trained for Ultimate Repair and Efficient Sabotage
Old 2003-05-01, 20:04
Commander

well this is turnig into a arguement now, this was supposed to be a disscusion i agree with Vultures dont spam places
DFI LanParty NF4 ultra-D
Ultra V-Series 500 Watt
Old 2003-05-02, 00:03

What? Who's arguing? We all agree with Atre!
Old 2003-05-02, 01:45
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Gustav Sweden
Actually, you cant say anything since you triggered it all with your General forum spam for higher postcount. Then, since people likes to go witha flow even online it continued, when the mods had attacked the spammers, those who didnt think just continued, etc. This all (starting with DJ and the mods) has really made the forum worse. In much more things than teh ones I mentioned.

Kiss my ass...I was gone for the forum for a bit, came back, and posted alot. But I guess people are lemmings, and need to follow me? It's like the frigging red scare here.

This is why the forum sucks now.
Old 2003-05-02, 15:00
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
No one "followed" double-j, there wasn't even a lot of spam...god..i'm not saying another word on this retarted homosexual subject.
I SWEAR
Old 2003-05-03, 17:23
What is this place?

Okay, by here, I call the subject of spam CLOSED
Old 2003-05-03, 19:57
Magic Ball Master

Hooray! no more talk of that evil congealed meat known as Spam!!!

Oh wait, you meant talk about useless posts, didn't you? Sorry, that won't end because people have to act like crackheads and keep arguing over something so meaningless.