Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

View Poll Results: How many different weapons do you use in an average LBA 2 game?
1 1 4.55%
2 4 18.18%
3 5 22.73%
4 2 9.09%
5 or more 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-08-07, 17:36
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Weapons, how many times?

Is it just me, or are most of the weapons in the game pretty useless? I never use the blowgun or the blowtron, I use the laser pistol very rarely (actually, only at the Francos harbour I think...), and the nitro-meca-penguins are also pretty pointless (and not a word about the darts ).
Leaving us with basically two weapons- the magic ball and the sword.

Once I thought that it's better that in LBA 2 there's a wider variety of weapons... until I realized most of them are actually useless .

BUT it could be only me...
What about you? How many weapons did you use during the game?
Old 2003-08-07, 18:06
Hell Bent For Leather

Send a message via ICQ to Abborre
I use the blowgun very much before I get the green magic ball.
The Lazerpistol is great. I use it more than the magic ball on zeelich. The mega penguin is only good for opening the door to the queen of the musquebeez cell.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Old 2003-08-07, 18:37
Magic Ball Master

Throughout the course of LBA2, I only ever found myself really using the ball and sometinmes the blowgun, but as soon as I got the sword from the emperor I found I didn't need to use anything else again.
Old 2003-08-07, 18:49
Here.

I used the magic ball quite a bit in the earlier game, and some parts of zeelich, especially once i got fireball, it was a good ranged alternative to the sabre.
I used the blowgun/blowtron a lot as well, especially when I didn't have the green ball yet, I used the blowgun a lot.
I used the laser pistol a lot in the underas on zeelich, it's good range and explosive fire helped a lot on the esmers.
The sabre, once I got it, became my primary weapon.
I only used the mecca penguins twice, in funfrock's statue, and to open the cell door.
I also used fists a lot, though I don't know if you can consider them a weapon.
Old 2003-08-08, 10:55
A prophet

Magic ball of course, and then there's the sabre. I use the laser pistol a lot on the wannies Island to take out the franco military.
The blowgun I use in one point in the game:
On citadel Island there is a sup sitting on a bench. You can exactly hit him from the higher piece with the blowgun.
Are belongs to you
Old 2003-08-08, 13:30
Idyllic + whimsical

3: Magic ball, sword, lazer gun thingambob.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-08-08, 13:35

Quote:
I use the laser pistol a lot on the wannies Island to take out the franco military.
I actually prefer to run past them rather than fighting them...
Quote:
The blowgun I use in one point in the game:
On citadel Island there is a sup sitting on a bench. You can exactly hit him from the higher piece with the blowgun.
I prefer to hit him with the magic ball in discreet mode, just for fun .
Old 2003-08-08, 18:18
Magic Ball Master

I always thought that the laser gun was a bit lame, I mean it had a slow fire rate, by the end you have more powerful weapons and it can hurt you if you fire too close.
Old 2003-08-08, 19:45
Original Vultures

Send a message via AIM to Vultures Send a message via MSN to Vultures
I use usually the magic ball.After I use the sword as soon as I have it, and often the lighting spell.

Take a look on http://www.twinadv.net !

V.U.L.T.U.R.E.S : Vigilant Upgraded Lifeform Trained for Ultimate Repair and Efficient Sabotage
Old 2003-08-08, 20:26
(formerly) lots of numbers

Send a message via MSN to LukeNoNumbers
When fighting the Tralu, I used quite one or two mecca penguins, but mostly the MB.
I found the blowgun very useful. It's good for killing the pikemen, because it's just a continuous flow, unlike the MB, which has to come back to you first. When I came to that demon guarding the protection spell, there was a point where you could get it if you stood on a certain spot, which I couldn't do with the MB.
Then you get the laser pistol. I used it mostly in the undergas, because there were a lot of those francos with lasers. Their lasers could only hit within a certain distance, but Twinsen's just carried on forever (I'm getting a mental image of him shooting a laser into the distance and it circling the entire planet then hitting him on the back).
When I got to Funfrock, I used the sword, unless I wanted to cheat, in which case I just used the lightning spell.
Old 2003-08-09, 01:23
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
May i remind you people that the laser gun is the only weapon with INFINITE range!?
You can kill enemies from such a distance that they can't even see you.

Blowgun - useful, untill you get the sword, if used wisely.

Darts - funny
Old 2003-08-09, 18:30
A prophet

Yes and the Laser also doesn't have to be recharged. You can shoot infinetely, you can't with magic ball.
Are belongs to you
Old 2003-08-09, 21:01
Hello

Send a message via MSN to G.A. Zogem
the blowgun is nice if you want to drown the kid on the roof.

Just keep shooting him, and you'll see the result. The camera stuffs up though.
Old 2003-08-09, 22:53
Banned

Weapons

I use all the weapons, but my faves are the sword and the laser pistol.
Quote:
Hey, we need some music in here!
Old 2003-08-10, 06:50
Magic Ball Master

(weapon classification vox taken from a long-lost russian translation done by wesley willis that was edited out of the game)

magic ball: fabulous good. probably the favorite. not shitty asshole weapon like the rest of the arsenel.

blowtron/blowgun: a biggest flaming piece of shit ever. shooting flaming pieces of shit out the tube would do more damage than shooting shitty fucking corn nuts/boogers out of the tube. shitty asshole gun.

sword: only useful against cx guards and people. this thing is shitty asshole weapon because it is only close-range and cannot do damage from far places.

laser gun: this gun is shitty asshole gun. it cannot do for you shitty whipped cream unless it is strategic location meant for the lazor pistol and nothing other.

pick axe: why isn't this weapon. this weapon = needs to be weapon. you need hit people with this gun becaose it is cooler than shitty asshole gun like blowgun object weapon.

mecca pengouin: shitty asshole weapon ! this weapon is not good for killing becaose you have to wait and wait = shitty asshole.
Old 2003-08-10, 10:27
A prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rustyw
(weapon classification vox taken from a long-lost russian translation done by wesley willis that was edited out of the game)

magic ball: fabulous good. probably the favorite. not shitty asshole weapon like the rest of the arsenel.

blowtron/blowgun: a biggest flaming piece of shit ever. shooting flaming pieces of shit out the tube would do more damage than shooting shitty fucking corn nuts/boogers out of the tube. shitty asshole gun.

sword: only useful against cx guards and people. this thing is shitty asshole weapon because it is only close-range and cannot do damage from far places.

laser gun: this gun is shitty asshole gun. it cannot do for you shitty whipped cream unless it is strategic location meant for the lazor pistol and nothing other.

pick axe: why isn't this weapon. this weapon = needs to be weapon. you need hit people with this gun becaose it is cooler than shitty asshole gun like blowgun object weapon.

mecca pengouin: shitty asshole weapon ! this weapon is not good for killing becaose you have to wait and wait = shitty asshole.
[translation]
Magic Ball: I like this weapon, it is a lot better than any of the other weapons

Blowgun/Blowtron: This is my least favorite weapon, especially because it doesn't do much damage. No fun.

Sword: Only useful against cx guards and people. I don't like this weapon because it is only for close range attacks.

Laser Gun: I don't like this weapon because it doesn't do anything on a place not built especially to use this weapon.

Pick Axe: Though this is not a weapon, it should be. (rest got lost in translation)

Meca Penguin: I especially dislike this weapon. The Penguin is not good for killing because it counts down first instead of blowing up immediately. I don't like that.

[/translation]

Are belongs to you
Old 2003-08-10, 10:44
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Drecon
[translation]

[/translation]
ROFL
Old 2003-08-10, 19:27
A few steps behind you...

You know what People??? :P Fists 0wNs You All!! or Perhaps The other Weapons. Nah just kidding.. But wehn I came close Some Dirty bastards with Pikes |I play Mr Nice Guy|

well if i got to choose a weapon Which is nice its the fireball oh
Magicball then..

well >Pretty funny weapon was the wannies glow ^^ it would be cooler if u could pick up those(hmm what was does white things called again?) things in the Wannies Mine and throw them at yer Enemies.
Old 2003-08-11, 10:41
Magic Level: Green Ball

I prefer MagicBall™ , Blowtron/gun, lightning spell, sword. The blowgun can be pretty useful, if you go back to desert island from zeelich. If you go in the 1st magic test, and hit all the targets with the blowgun (easy ), a clover will drop down. Hey drecon, don't forget with the blowgun/tron, you can shoot enemies, and they will stand still, and playing the getting hit animation until you kill them! (most useful against francos )

Last edited by Aceman2000; 2003-08-11 at 10:48.
Old 2003-08-11, 10:43

Ah, yes, indeed. I do that every time. After becoming a fully qualified wizard, you can go back there... the test is so easy with the blowgun .
Old 2003-08-11, 11:14
Magic Level: Green Ball

And the nitro-meca-penguin is the MOST BESTEST weapon for disabling the teleports in the final scene.
Old 2003-08-11, 13:28
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
it's the only wepaon for disabling them, no?
Old 2003-08-11, 15:16
Magic Ball Master

wow, i totally forgot about the lightning spell!! pressing escape then typing 'magic' really helps also
Old 2003-08-11, 17:02

I believe I'm quoting myself when saying: Cheater, cheater, pants on heater...
Old 2003-08-11, 19:55
Magic Ball Master

i believe im responding to your quote by quoting myself and saying

no, my pants are on my legs