Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2011-07-22, 18:31
the legend

LBA Animations

Hello, alchemists of LBA's meshes,

Y'know, these new animated gif avatars with transparent background:

How it was done, how can I do these too?
I'd like to make a full-sized one to use as an animated wallpaper (like having a rabbibunny who's a keeper of my computer, constantly watching me haha).

Thanks.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2011-07-26, 14:04
Magic Ball Master

As far as I remember ChaosFish did with LBA Model Viewer or LBA Animation Studio. He took various screenshoots from the model animation and compose a GIF with all sequenced images. You can get the applications in the sticky thread in this forum.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2011-07-26, 23:59
weee

http://forum.magicball.net/showpost.php?p=266808
(model viewer: http://www.magicball.net/disknode/ge...odelViewer.zip)
Old 2011-07-27, 00:27
the legend

THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS !!!

I didn't remember it was a member, particularly *you*, who done these (they have been around for so long I thought it came along the other standard MBN avatars by elmuerte). Congratulations (again, after so many years...), they are so awesome.

It is a pity I have no idea how to put the space guitarist with the rabbibunny assistant together...

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2011-07-27, 00:54
weee

I'm sure you'll figure out a way.

Reminds me:
Old 2011-07-30, 15:56
weee

So, any results?
Old 2011-07-31, 01:36
the legend

Didn't have time to try it yet; as soon as I do I'll post the results here. =)

Old 2011-08-06, 21:22
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Sniff :'-)
Old 2011-08-19, 17:06
the legend

Quote:
So, any results?
YAY!

I've made some more but they're too big to attach (above 1mb).
THANKS.

Tha problem with that model viewer is that it's hard to have just one plain solid color background, I've to improvise with the ground color, but then it's hard to get the right angles. But still, awesome app it is, cheers for whoever made it.

PS: I've used Bullent Screen Recorder and Corel Photo Paint - the first was freeware, and the second I've had installed already. I hate trials.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raph_gf.gif‎
Views:	229
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	8748  

Old 2011-08-19, 17:08
weee

Cool!

I recommend using Animation Shop's optimization wizard for producing smaller files. [edit: nevermind, looks like you already did that]
Old 2011-08-19, 17:14
weee

Another quick tip: After choosing the crop tool, click the Options button in the toolbar and choose "Surround the opaque area".
Old 2011-08-19, 17:39
the legend

Quote:
Another quick tip: After choosing the crop tool, click the Options button in the toolbar and choose "Surround the opaque area".
Ehm, what does that do?? crops to the minimum possible I guess?

Old 2011-08-19, 18:01
weee

Yup, but I was referring to Animation Shop. (before you edited your post)