Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2016-12-18, 00:27
Polly parrot

Take your time man, your well-being is important
Old 2016-12-18, 19:02
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Continue the good work man.
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-12-19, 15:03
Magic Level: Red Ball

Don't worry guys I don't plan to give up on project MrQuetch It's sometimes hard to find motivation to work on project but this time problem is a little bit different.

I'm just run out of time. Some stuff I working on got delayed because of different reasons. My PC failed me, installation of everything took some time and if this wasn't enough I broke my Visual Studio yesterday and needed to reinstall VS again.

Future delay is because I may not have access to my normal PC from end of January for some time. Right now I once again try to repair my Linux build so I could work normally on my laptop in meantime. But working on it is for sure not the most convenient way of working.

About project I improving once again few thing about resource compilation, resolving few issue with game and recovering Linux. All of that in the same time. I will also thinking about taking small step back and reevaluate my way of creating maps. Generally a lot of work but well slowly moving forward.
Old 2016-12-20, 20:50
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Don't worry guys I don't plan to give up on project MrQuetch It's sometimes hard to find motivation to work on project but this time problem is a little bit different.

I'm just run out of time. Some stuff I working on got delayed because of different reasons. My PC failed me, installation of everything took some time and if this wasn't enough I broke my Visual Studio yesterday and needed to reinstall VS again.

Future delay is because I may not have access to my normal PC from end of January for some time. Right now I once again try to repair my Linux build so I could work normally on my laptop in meantime. But working on it is for sure not the most convenient way of working.

About project I improving once again few thing about resource compilation, resolving few issue with game and recovering Linux. All of that in the same time. I will also thinking about taking small step back and reevaluate my way of creating maps. Generally a lot of work but well slowly moving forward.
Glad to hear that you still intend to work on the project. I also just checked MevX's project right now, ant it's starting to look good for being an LBA 2 remake, hence using actual graphics and 'upping' them. I know that's not as difficult as from scratch - but I can say that your work is all original, while keeping yourself constrained to how an LBA game should play.

If it makes you feel any better, I've actually had to restore my computer about a couple months ago - the screen kept flashing black and then back to my desktop over and over again. Additionally, within the past couple of weeks, my Downloads folder got corrupted - I could've sworn I lost hundreds of files. Thankfully, I don't save any of my files in the Downloads folder - only what I download from the internet of course.

As far as the motivation is concerned, BELIEVE me! I KNOW. Sometimes I have the urge to get something up quickly just so I can show people how hard working I am, but sometimes if one does that, the work does not come out as well.

Just don't worry about what other people say (who cares anyways? Most people wouldn't even give a crap - it amazes me how much of the population of the world is so stupid / lazy - it really pisses me off), you're going to do what you want to do. You'll be able to accomplish whatever you want in this life - and it's going to be worth it.

So, have at it man. Even if it takes you 50 years from now, we all know this games going to be good. I know because I've got faith in you, Angelus, and your work will amaze everyone.

Just like Gravel and Polaris said, good luck!

Even your Coffee Monsters header with the Little Big Adventure off to the side is rather convincing.
Old 2016-12-21, 00:01

Hi yes everything what you could see so far is custom made for this project. There will be more changes in this matter but this will come later. Generally I resumed my work. Still pain of PC failure is time that you spend on bringing everything to usable state.

When you see comments like "Do not worry, we, the fans are here backing you 100% until the end of time!" under your post you cannot fully agree with your comment about people. I know that there are people who don't care but there are also people who care and they are part of my motivation to continue what I do.

Quote:
Just like Gravel and Polaris said, good luck!
Generally thanks I will need a lot of this luck you talk about

Quote:
Even your Coffee Monsters header with the Little Big Adventure off to the side is rather convincing.
What is convincing about it ?
Old 2017-01-06, 03:05

And some more news: http://coffemonsters.blogspot.co.uk/...uary-2017.html
Old 2017-01-30, 23:35

And another news: http://coffemonsters.blogspot.dk/201...-progress.html
Old 2017-02-01, 18:10
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Thanks for the follow up. I would say fix everything now so it's not a bigger problem later.
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2017-02-02, 21:08
Do the evolution.

Send a message via MSN to Jasiek Send a message via Skype™ to Jasiek
Ubuntu ftw!

I'd suggest using some sort of alpha based/alpha cutoff blending for the grass, instead of a regular mix. It looks way nicer then.
Old 2017-02-04, 13:39

Thanks I plan soon start work on improving rendering pipeline so I will try your advice.
Old 2017-02-27, 00:45

Another small update: http://coffemonsters.blogspot.dk/201...esitation.html