Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2011-12-08, 14:59
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I'd say the biggest problem is the insane number of breaks in this season. TV companies cant seem to keep a serialised show on for more then 3 weeks without a break these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Like Farscape. :-]
Remember, Sci-Fi claimed it was 5 seasons by splitting 4 up. Not that that helps anyone.
Futurama also had messed up numbering, but that one got a happy ending.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:39
!!!!!

Misfits 3x07 - I think this episodes was the writers' way of saying: "Yes, we know this show is morally fucked up. That's the point. Just go with it."
Old 2011-12-12, 23:20
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Misfits 3x04 - Great stuff (yeah, Im way behind). One nit-pick...
Spoiler:
The old guy should have still been stabbed when he returned to the future. Seeing as the phone was still in the past, he obviously still made his trip as before (and presumbly still has his powers)
Old 2011-12-13, 00:16
!!!!!

Maybe Spoiler:
when Kelly returned back from the past she went back to the present, and not to the few-days-ago when the old guy returned, thus he's already been treated and healed from the stab wound.
Old 2011-12-13, 01:12
Classic

Thats possible, guess he could have been revisiting the monument.
--
Once Upon a Time s1epp6 - Niccccee. Loved how this story tied into the one a few episodes ago at the end.
Aside from some ropey looking CG, starting to really like this series.

Alphas - not a bad season final. And it was renewed too. Given how heroes dragged its feat for years , Id like to see where this goes now...

Last edited by Darkflame; 2011-12-13 at 02:17.
Old 2011-12-20, 00:41
!!!!!

Misfits has been renewed for a fourth season.

And, it's being prepped for an American remake by this guy. WHY?!!?! I mean, I can maybe understand the need for an American remake of Israeli shows (been a bunch of those lately), English speakers aren't used to subtitles I guess. But USA and England speak the same language. The exact same words. Lately even the same slang. Why take an extremely good and successful show, and turn it American? WHY?! It's already been proved to work the way it is now. Are American people soooo dumb that they desperately need it dumbed down for their simple American minds? Really? ARRGH.

Rant over.
Old 2011-12-20, 13:36
Classic

They need the nudity removed.

Good its been renewed though
Old 2011-12-20, 13:39
!!!!!

Um, Misfits actually doesn't have nudity.
Old 2011-12-20, 16:01
Classic

umm...yes it does....at least the CH4 broadcast in the uk...what version you been watching?
Old 2011-12-20, 18:43
!!!!!

Yes I've been watching the Channel4 broadcast... but I don't remember any actual, um, genitals or nipples (=source of all world evil) being shown..?
Old 2011-12-20, 19:18
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
They also did an american remake of Channel 4 Skins
Old 2011-12-20, 20:30
Classic

The epp with the attempted rape had a brief genitals and nipples too I believe. Previous seasons certainly had some nipples.
All done matter-of-factly or for humour value.
Old 2011-12-21, 03:19
!!!!!

Anyway, Misfits is so morally wrong that children should definitely NOT watch it. If any show could do children harm, it might just be this one. But I guess as long as there's no *gasp* nipples it will still get a "13+" rating. Which is why they will remove those abominable hell-spawn milk-spewing nipples, so that kids will be able to watch it and get their ratings higher. Nice peeps.

Dexter's and Terra Nova's season just ended. Both wonderful. I really enjoyed Terra Nova, hopefully it will make it to season 2. Some annoying father-son relationship cliches, but the show is good enough to look past that. Very enjoyable, I love the mystery and the science fiction.
Old 2011-12-26, 01:32
Magic Level: Red Ball

Dexter's season finale was pretty awesome, but I would have liked Spoiler:
it better if it resolved that cliffhanger during the season instead of making us wait till next season.

Hmm... there's a Doctor Who Christmas special too.
Old 2011-12-26, 15:14
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Dexter's and Terra Nova's season just ended. Both wonderful. I really enjoyed Terra Nova, hopefully it will make it to season 2. Some annoying father-son relationship cliches, but the show is good enough to look past that. Very enjoyable, I love the mystery and the science fiction.
With TerraNova it seems obvious that..
Spoiler:

Theres many fractures over time (exactly like Primeval has) and the badlands is where another is.

I only hope that...
Spoiler:
Some lead to different futures :P
Old 2012-01-02, 22:52
!!!!!

Futurama 6x26 - Great episode! The anime part was delightfully horrible. (remind me again why anyone watches that stuff?)
Old 2012-01-03, 00:22
Classic

Because some of it isnt remotely like that. (Dennou Coil..)
But yes, great episode.
Old 2012-01-04, 17:25
Classic

Sherlock s2epp1 - Utterly brillent.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:02
Classic

Avatar:The Last Airbender: The Promise (comic) - Whats this? A comic set after the series final? With wit, decent characterization and a realistic central dilemma? fantastic!
This will make the wait for Legend of Korra much easier.
Old 2012-01-18, 22:41
Classic

Now that Sherlock is over again for another year (Best show on TV by far imho), I have been trying some new stuff:

Grimm epp1/2 - meh. Pretty predictable and boring. Distant relatives of the "Grimms" of Ferrytail fame can see monsters etc and have to stop them...yawn.
The actor who played the crazy guy from prison break saved the first epp, but not much to keep me going. For Ferrytail drama, OnceUponATime is still by far the best.

Person OfInterest epp1/2 - Great to see Michael Emerson in work again after Lost. Basicly Emerson gets hold of social security numbers of someone something significant is about to happen to (either be murdered, or will murder someone etc).
While not super-original, the plot hock works well enough and its supprising that they reveal basicly how whole setup works by the end of the first episode.

Alcatraz epp1 - 4400 with prisoners. No, seriously thats it plotwise. They vanish and are being returned present day. And its good. At least from the first epp.
I'm interested too see where this goes.

Mystery Inc. - New(ish) version of the classic detective show. While the plots havnt got much better, the writting, dialogue and humour sure have. Jones,Roggers,Blake and Dinkley all have 2 dimensional personalities this time (as apposed to 1 as before). Jones is particularly awesome with his physcopath like levels of emotional unawareness. Fortuntely the writters get this and they make much fun of it as the series goes on. Norville and his dog also take up a lot less screentime, giving the rest of the cast a chance to make things more interesting.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2012-01-18 at 22:47.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:14
!!!!!

Thanks for the reviews, some of those sound worth checking out. I didn't like Grimm as well. The way the first episode started with introducing that teenager girl just to show her horribly murdered 2 minutes later was pretty tasteless. When they do it in Fringe it's still gruesome, but somehow they manage to make it work. In Grimm it just felt bad.
Old 2012-01-19, 14:28
Classic

Indeed.
Old 2012-01-19, 20:55
Classic

Once Upon a Time 01x08 - Nice flashbackstory to Rumpelstilksin. I always like it when they give realistic motivations and history to a character that seems at first just a villian, but gets a big more ambigious the more you find out. The "present day" storyline by comparison was ok, but I saw the ending coming a mile off.

Fringe 04x08 - Fringe is on again...yay!. Reasonable epp, but must have confused new viewers as this had basicly nothing standalone about it. Multiple universes and timelines at the same time :P Nice that no one acts stupid though.
Old 2012-01-24, 23:27
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Futurama 6x26 - Great episode! The anime part was delightfully horrible. (remind me again why anyone watches that stuff?)
People watch anime because they've all been brainwashed and sucked into the malicious plot that the Japanese have established in order to take over the world...
Old 2012-02-02, 15:01
Classic

Touch (Pilot) - Actually pretty good. Nothing truly original, but very well put together. Like the best episodes of the Dead Zone - all the small story threads come together very nicely.
The premise is that a child (that doesn't speak) can mathematically extrapolate future events, and that he tries to pull peoples lives that should interact together.

It could be critised for being a bit too sentimental, but it doesnt feel forced.

No, the biggest problem is I cant see this series staying good for long. As a one-off it works, but as a series?
The other big problem is it has a opening and closing narration...and the creator of Heroes is involved. I can see that getting annoying very quickly.

Once Upon A Time - still good.

Misfits s3 final - Well, that wrapped everything up in a bow. Where do they go from here?

Tags
series, shows, television