Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News > Syndicated news

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Syndicated news News from other LBA related websites.

Old 2022-01-14, 17:53
Magicball Network service bot

[2.21] LBA's new name

Read original post

By Ben Limare

A few weeks ago we asked for your help to find a new name for the series, as the games have different names in different regions (Little Big Adventure / Relentless and Little Big Adventure 2 / Twinsen's Odyssey). We proposed 3 solutions and you voted with many, big thanks for that! Some of you even made your own propositions in the comments.

We finally decided to drop our propositions and go for one of yours!

Say goodbye to Little Big Adventure, to Relentless, to Twinsen’s Odyssey and say hello to...

Twinsen’s Little Big Adventure

And we didn’t stop here. We are very happy to present the brand new logo of the franchise.

We hope you are happy with the new logo as well! This allows us to speak to players all across the globe and position the IP of Twinsen's Little Big Adventure in a clear and consistent way.

The Classic games that are available on Steam and GOG.com will get a restyle as well! The first game, formerly known as Little Big Adventure / Relentless, is now called Twinsen's Little Big Adventure Classic.

Little Big Adventure 2 / Twinsen’s Odyssey is now called Twinsen’s Little Big Adventure Classic 2

We would like to thank Alex from les Crafteurs for this amazing work!

And with a new name comes a new website. On www.twinsenslittlebigadventure.com you can follow all developments around Twinsen's Little Big Adventure Classic 1 and 2, plus more exciting news to come.

Stay tuned!

Ben

PS: As you might have noticed, we transferred the articles from blog.2point21.com to this new twinsenslittlebigadventure.com website. We sadly lost all the comments in the process.
Old 2022-01-14, 20:43
Neko

i think this is a very odd choice and I don't fully understand the reasoning that went behind it.
First of all I know almost no one who talks about relentless or twinsens odysee. Most people talk about LBA. So LBA would have been a great name.

the only problem i can see if they want to start a reboot, and tell the original story again. Maybe that is the idea?

TLBA classic 1
TLBA classic 2
TLBA 1 ?
Old 2022-01-14, 22:07
Look beyond reality.

Just keeping to LBA and LBA2 would have been fine, imo.
The attempt to unify (?) things doesn't have to mean a new name is required.
Old 2022-01-15, 02:25
Panta rei

Lukewarm reaction.

But hey, still happy somebody is trying to being LBA back to the world.
Old 2022-01-16, 14:30
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
To be honest I find the renaming of the previous 2 titles weird... First of all I feel they've been messing with a legacy we all love. Nobody should rename something that's been out for almost 30 years. Imagine doing that to other titles, movies, books etc. just because you're about to release a new title in the franchise. That being said, I don't even know HOW they were able to do that, I mean from a legal standpoint those things are already registered, published etc., you can't just rename something going that far back. I mean you probably can, since they obviously did it, but I just find it a bit unsettling. And last, but not least, it appears that they want everything to be aligned with the 3rd installment, so ok, you went ahead and renamed the past 2-3 decades of Twinsen's world and the LBA universe, but then you'd better make the new one fits right into the look & feel of the previous 2 titles, otherwise it'll seem even dumber.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2022-01-16, 23:37
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
To be honest I find the renaming of the previous 2 titles weird... First of all I feel they've been messing with a legacy we all love. Nobody should rename something that's been out for almost 30 years. Imagine doing that to other titles, movies, books etc. just because you're about to release a new title in the franchise. That being said, I don't even know HOW they were able to do that, I mean from a legal standpoint those things are already registered, published etc., you can't just rename something going that far back. I mean you probably can, since they obviously did it, but I just find it a bit unsettling. And last, but not least, it appears that they want everything to be aligned with the 3rd installment, so ok, you went ahead and renamed the past 2-3 decades of Twinsen's world and the LBA universe, but then you'd better make the new one fits right into the look & feel of the previous 2 titles, otherwise it'll seem even dumber.
I feel exactly the same. If they think that we as fans seem to think relentless and little big adventure are equal as name.....

Twinsen's little big adventure classic....sorry but I don't like it

Also the logo..

but hey, glad at least they are doing something and they deserve our support. Just a poor choice in my opinion.

Why not just lba 3? or is this a reboot? if it is a reboot then that would be kinda annoying as we will not know how the story progresses.
Old 2022-01-16, 23:55
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I don't quite believe or understand this. The game series is renowned for its LBA titleship, and especially the 2nd game in the states is known as Twinsen's Odyssey. There was nothing about LBA back when I played it straight from CD-rom.

If anything, Twinsen's Odyssey wins given the logo detail and design and how centered the naming convention is. But for the sake of fans everywhere forming a community over the name Little Big Adventure, why not just stick with Little Big Adventure 3?

Also, was a graphic designer not available? Massively confused by this. Looks pretty elementary.

Also, the word classic suggests we're owning an older model or version of something... not a completely different title and game in a series, so I would re-think this. They really do need to hire a brand consultant or PR person to represent this game.
Old 2022-01-17, 10:14
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereofidelic89 View Post
I don't quite believe or understand this. The game series is renowned for its LBA titleship, and especially the 2nd game in the states is known as Twinsen's Odyssey. There was nothing about LBA back when I played it straight from CD-rom.

If anything, Twinsen's Odyssey wins given the logo detail and design and how centered the naming convention is. But for the sake of fans everywhere forming a community over the name Little Big Adventure, why not just stick with Little Big Adventure 3?

Also, was a graphic designer not available? Massively confused by this. Looks pretty elementary.

Also, the word classic suggests we're owning an older model or version of something... not a completely different title and game in a series, so I would re-think this. They really do need to hire a brand consultant or PR person to represent this game.
I also had twinsens odyssee, but lba is the international name everywhere now
Old 2022-01-17, 10:51
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Yep, back when I was a kid the "game universe" was that of LBA, but in my mind there was Relentless and Twinsen's Odyssey. And for ease of communication I used the LBA1/LBA2 naming convention. These new TLBAC sound like some of the fan games we used to work on back in the day, here on MBN I remember one of my simple games was LBATLC (Little Big Adventure - The Lost Chapter) and I had several others with such weird names
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2022-01-17, 14:29
Magic Level: Green Ball

I've never heard of Twinsen Odyssey before coming to this website.
In French, it's always been LBA1&2, to my knowledge..
Old 2022-01-17, 16:07
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
First off, the whole reason the naming mess even existed in the first place is because of the Americans who have to rename everything for some reason, even when the original name is already in English.

Second off, I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with the games having different names in different regions. Look at Neptunia, for example - they're known as Chōjigen Game Neptune in Japan (which literally translates to Superdimensional Game Neptune), but as Hyperdimension Neptunia in the West, and yet, I haven't seen Idea Factory International rush to unify the names.

But if we have to unify the names already, we should grow a spine and unify them using their original, European names which are Little Big Adventure and Little Big Adventure 2. If the Americans have a problem with that, well, that's not our problem.

Edit: Also, does the "Classic" means there's going to be a New Coke Twinsen's Little Big Adventure?
Old 2022-01-17, 18:14
Magic Level: Green Ball

I always thought that Twinsen Odyssey was the Subtitle of LBA2. I knew this game from the CDMix compilation and there it came with both names, so I thought the full name was Little Big Adventure 2 Twinsen's Odyssey.

I don't like this change of names. I think they should leave them as they are.

I hope this doesn't mean the next game is a reboot instead of a sequel. I want to meet Arthur, Twinsen's son.
Old 2022-01-17, 18:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
First off, the whole reason the naming mess even existed in the first place is because of the Americans who have to rename everything for some reason, even when the original name is already in English.

Second off, I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with the games having different names in different regions. Look at Neptunia, for example - they're known as Chōjigen Game Neptune in Japan (which literally translates to Superdimensional Game Neptune), but as Hyperdimension Neptunia in the West, and yet, I haven't seen Idea Factory International rush to unify the names.

But if we have to unify the names already, we should grow a spine and unify them using their original, European names which are Little Big Adventure and Little Big Adventure 2. If the Americans have a problem with that, well, that's not our problem.

Edit: Also, does the "Classic" means there's going to be a New Coke Twinsen's Little Big Adventure?

Uhh... might want to rethink what you're saying. This isn't an American problem, as these new LBA3 game creators are not American, and they are the ones who decided to redo naming convention for all 3 games.
Old 2022-01-17, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXStranger View Post
I always thought that Twinsen Odyssey was the Subtitle of LBA2. I knew this game from the CDMix compilation and there it came with both names, so I thought the full name was Little Big Adventure 2 Twinsen's Odyssey.

I don't like this change of names. I think they should leave them as they are.

I hope this doesn't mean the next game is a reboot instead of a sequel. I want to meet Arthur, Twinsen's son.
In the US, where the game series is obviously not as well known as in Europe or other countries, the game was sold as Twinsen's Odyssey. The photo you see above is the exact CD-rom that was sold in stores. Never once saw LBA 2 or anything when I was growing up. It wasn't until I started doing research about it on the web that I learned of that name. But alas, perhaps those who work in marketing and branding have learned their lessons these days. A simple logo and name can truly unify a fan base, and given we have time until this 3rd game is released, I hope these new Twinsen game creators will rethink their decisions, for the sake of continuity.
Old 2022-01-17, 21:56
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereofidelic89 View Post
Uhh... might want to rethink what you're saying. This isn't an American problem, as these new LBA3 game creators are not American, and they are the ones who decided to redo naming convention for all 3 games.
It's the American publishers in the 90's that decided to publish the two games as Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure and Twinsen's Odyssey, specifically, causing this entire naming mess. Were it not for that decision, none of this would have happened.

The Americans like thinking they know better than the original creators, see again Neptunia for an example. They could have just literally translated the games as "Superdimensional Game Neptune" but nope, they just had to change the name.

Also, the rest of what I said still stands.
Old 2022-01-19, 18:17
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
To be honest I find the renaming of the previous 2 titles weird... First of all I feel they've been messing with a legacy we all love. Nobody should rename something that's been out for almost 30 years.
You'd might say they are ... Relentless
Old 2022-01-19, 19:14
Magic Level: Water Ball

When I first saw the blog post, I thought it was some kind of April fools... Also, whenvere I see TLBA, I automatically read The Little Big Adventure...

Anyway, odd choice, but w/e, let that be the biggest problem we'll ever find about the LBAs.