Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News > Syndicated news

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Syndicated news News from other LBA related websites.

Old 2022-03-08, 14:27
Magicball Network service bot

[2.21] Stream Twinsen in the cloud on Amazon Luna!

Read original post

By Gwen Gourevich

As you were reading our plans for the classic games in our last devlog, a new Cloud Gaming service went live on the 1st of March.

We worked in complete secrecy on bringing Twinsen to this new platform, adding a few features in the process.

We are thrilled to announce that you can play Twinsen's Little Big Adventure Classic on Amazon Luna Retro Channel, alongside many great games from the past!

Luna is only available for US citizens right now, but knowing Amazon, it won't take long to roll out their services to other parts of the world.

Lucky you, yes, you, there ! 👇

Visits on twinsenslittlebigadventure.comWe love that Luna comes packed with so many features, some of which we believe will be highly appreciated by TLBA fans:

• Play on many devices: Windows PC, Mac, your TV, your tablet, your phone
  • Controller support: we implemented the same controls as for the PS1 version of the game
It’s also a huge achievement for [2.21], our first “new” release as a game studio.

You can read more about the new features in this version of the game in our last devlog.

Play Twinsen's Little Big Adventure on Luna
A new visual identity for Twinsen’s Little Big Adventure Classic

We asked a very talented french comic artist to create new visuals for the game. You can discover them on Twinsen’s Little Big Adventure Luna page, but here is a sneak peak and a gift 🎁.

Thank you Vincent for this amazing take on Twinsen and his lovely Dino-Fly
Old 2022-03-09, 12:04
Neko

good news,

image portraits twinsen a little too much like his son
Old 2022-03-09, 13:47
Magic Level: Water Ball

Never heard of Amazon Luna... Is the concept the same as Google Stadia ?
Old 2022-03-09, 17:24
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I don't know.... I do not like Amazon at all, for so many reasons. I will never buy anything from them. Never did, never will.

I really like this art though, it looks great I think!!!
Old 2022-03-11, 15:58
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Hope this will not present the look of a final LBA game - for me Twinsen has to look like a wooden toy
Old 2022-03-11, 19:46
Magic Level: Green Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnutG View Post
Hope this will not present the look of a final LBA game - for me Twinsen has to look like a wooden toy
Don't worry it's just an artwork, it doesn't mean anything
Old 2022-03-11, 20:17

The plastic toy aesthetic worked well for the Switch version of Link's Awakening I think :
Old 2022-03-13, 08:10
Master of Science & Magic

I think the art work looks nice. But it is a bit too generic, it make him too human, a bit too close to Ang even.
Maybe in the middle of this artwork and the promotional image from the 90s would be a good fit for the modern LBA.
Old 2022-03-14, 10:10
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Unless he looks like a toy made out of clay dough/putty, I will not be pleased... at all
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2022-03-15, 03:42
Look beyond reality.

I get the feeling a lot of fans just want a copy of what was done 25 years ago, anything else they will hate by definition. I'm glad 2.21 are doing their own thing.
Old 2022-03-15, 08:51
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
I get the feeling a lot of fans just want a copy of what was done 25 years ago.
yes, but with higher definition, bigger islands, better graphics.
Old 2022-03-15, 10:57

Twinssen mostly looked the way he did because of the hardware & software limitations back in the day. Or are you guys suggesting they also should not change anything about the tunic and it should remain the way it was too. Without anything like cloth simulation. And his feet should only consist of four polygons.

If you want any (bright) future for this game whatsoever than you need tot take the design too into 2022. Otherwise there will not be a new audience, and only the -hard to please, never ever happy- old audience that is going to leave anyway because you cannot ever recreate someones childhood experience or beat nostalgia. Eventually there will be no one left. And it will be dead, forever.

I hope they don't read here very often. But I suppose they knew this was going to happen.
Old 2022-03-15, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieniepaninii View Post
But I suppose they knew this was going to happen.
Yes, it was... inevitable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieniepaninii View Post
If you want any (bright) future for this game whatsoever than you need tot take the design too into 2022.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 2022-03-15, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
yes, but with higher definition, bigger islands, better graphics.
And it would only be fitting, after one Funfrock in LBA1 and two in LBA2, that there would be three Funfrocks in LBA3.
Old 2022-03-20, 11:49
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
And it would only be fitting, after one Funfrock in LBA1 and two in LBA2, that there would be three Funfrocks in LBA3.

But its a reboot

Also you could upgrade graphics without it looking alienated. Make him look like the cgi movies from lba 1 and 2
Old 2022-03-22, 08:21
Look beyond reality.

Genuinely curious for the people who literally want the exact (be it cutscenes or not) LBA aesthetic. Is there any part of you open for any sort of deviation or anything slightly new/evolved? Do you think it will hold up to modern competitors and attract new players? Aren't you even a little bit interested to see something new, finding out what LBA can be instead of what it already was/is? It's an honest question, because if I feel like seeing the same product from the '90s stylistically, I would just replay the originals.
Old 2022-03-22, 09:10
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
Genuinely curious for the people who literally want the exact (be it cutscenes or not) LBA aesthetic. Is there any part of you open for any sort of deviation or anything slightly new/evolved? Do you think it will hold up to modern competitors and attract new players? Aren't you even a little bit interested to see something new, finding out what LBA can be instead of what it already was/is? It's an honest question, because if I feel like seeing the same product from the '90s stylistically, I would just replay the originals.

Both yes and no.
Let's say they evolve to the look of that cover art, or that remake angelus is making, it's so vastly different that I don't really feel it. I would be curious, but we would miss a great step in evolution.

The lba 2 graphics were too low quality. If this were to happen, I would have liked a 2005-6 lba3 that maximized that "old" look. Which would have been my favourite. By that I mean the graphical style of the cutscene's but then ingame. Kinda like that movie we are making, which is solely the old look, but looks great. But I believe my problem isn't graphics, it's the art style combined with the graphics.

I believe a modern game can be made while keeping characteristics of the old feel/look. Not every modern game needs to look ultra realistic
Old 2022-03-22, 09:33

I don't think they will go to 'ultra realistic' graphics.
I feel like it's probably going to be a Breath of the Wild style
Old 2022-03-22, 12:56

I think I do not care anymore, and I don't mean that in a bad way.
LBA doesn't represent the same thing it did for me as a teen, but that also mean I have no real expectations and just curiously await what they will create this time
Old 2022-03-22, 17:31
Neko

I firmly believe it should be possible to create a stunning lba while keeping the original vibe and attract new players.

although interestingly, lba 1 and 2 have such distinct atmosphere's that are totally opposite, you could argue there is no original vibe
Old 2022-04-05, 11:38

Dragon Quest 11 has a normal cell-shaded modern mode and also an 80s-style pixelated 2D mode for old fans. While I'm very happy with giving the game designers the freedom to choose the style they like, one option for 2.21 would be to add a purely isometric tile-based mode where they reuse all the old assets and use turn-based combat and 2D character models for implementation simplicity.

I guess that's still too much work, in which case they could allow modders to hook into the data of the story and add their own isometric mode (or four-polygon-foot mode).

Last edited by bloodhound; 2022-04-05 at 13:02.
Old 2022-04-05, 16:58
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
Dragon Quest 11 has a normal cell-shaded modern mode and also an 80s-style pixelated 2D mode for old fans. While I'm very happy with giving the game designers the freedom to choose the style they like, one option for 2.21 would be to add a purely isometric tile-based mode where they reuse all the old assets and use turn-based combat and 2D character models for implementation simplicity.

I guess that's still too much work, in which case they could allow modders to hook into the data of the story and add their own isometric mode (or four-polygon-foot mode).
it doesn't have to be isometric, it can just keep the original vibe and still be somehow modern