Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

View Poll Results: According to the image, who best represents/resembles Twinsen in your head?
1 2 50.00%
2 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2022-11-08, 16:15
Refrão* (ligar overdrive)

*WHO* IS Twinsen ?

Let the people speak.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	novo-1.jpg‎
Views:	86
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	10422  
Old 2022-11-08, 16:54
Neko

hey!
that looks like the hero of Twinsen's Little Big Adventure Cult Classical Twisted Lobotomized Barf Adventure!

who's that first guy? he looks 3d modelled or something ,ew!

#tlbacctlba
Old 2022-11-08, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Lobotomized Barf

That's now my official nickname for the rEb00t
Old 2022-11-08, 17:05
Neko

I never thought I'd see the day where we got an entire new LBA cd by phillipe vachey and I haven't even heard it thrice, and we now make jokes about ugly concept art lba3....what world did we stumble into?

especially the first, that soundtrack was painstakenly re-orchestrated, with lots of great classical writing, but we just collectively said "meh" to it

like....they didn't see this coming i think
Old 2022-11-08, 17:05
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I'll give you the circlejerk vote you so crave (though I'm curious who voted for 2 ). I do however believe that the concept art from the video looks nicer than the original renderings of Twinsen and Zoé visiting Sendell (which were also nice, but have less emotional impact).
Old 2022-11-08, 17:07
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
I'll give you the circlejerk vote you so crave (though I'm curious who voted for 2 ). I do however believe that the concept art from the video looks nicer than the original renderings of Twinsen and Zoé visiting Sendell (which were also nice, but have less emotional impact).
what are you comparing with what?
pics?
Old 2022-11-08, 17:19

Quote:
circlejerk vote
buuuut isn't it the plain truth though??? I seriously mean it...

Quote:
I never thought I'd see the day where we got an entire new LBA cd by phillipe vachey and I haven't even heard it thrice, and we now make jokes about ugly concept art lba3....what world did we stumble into?
right? I've listened to that CD only when it came out and then never again
what world did we stumble into? I ask the same

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2022-11-08 at 17:35.
Old 2022-11-08, 20:25
Magic Level: Red Ball

Quote:

especially the first, that soundtrack was painstakenly re-orchestrated, with lots of great classical writing, but we just collectively said "meh" to it

like....they didn't see this coming i think
Isn't this the eternal cycle of life though?
Each generation be like: "Back in my day, life was so great"
Old 2022-11-08, 22:27
Magic Level: Fire Ball

@Neko I'm comparing these two.
Well, everyone's complaining about the concept art, but we also gave lots of positive feedback on the "making of" video. I guess we'll spend a bit more time with the reboot than with the music, because there'll be more to talk about at least

Old 2022-11-08, 23:01

Quote:
@Neko I'm comparing these two.
Yes this one is nice, but,

As much as I like this concept art in particular, it's like it's completely another game
Old 2022-11-08, 23:50
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Having a 2024 vibe to LBA is, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster Any vision past the 1998 - 2002 time window will rapidly decay its output compared to our expectations. You just cannot "reimagine" a tale of the 90s with the flavor of 30 years later's society... I mean you can, but it will stick out like a sore thumb. People can't quite put their finger on what makes certain things good and why those can't be recreated later, but it's quite simple actually: any work of art, whether it's paintings, music, film, literature or videogames, carries the imprint of its particular era and in our case, the first 2 LBA games are offering us a snapshot of the way things were back them. That's how the society was, that's how people thought, acted, created, imagined, envisioned things. You cannot bake mom's recipe from back when you were a kid if you start altering the ingredients or replace some of the ones you can no longer find with "modern" alternatives. It just won't cut it.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2022-11-08, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
Having a 2024 vibe to LBA is, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster Any vision past the 1998 - 2002 time window will rapidly decay its output compared to our expectations. You just cannot "reimagine" a tale of the 90s with the flavor of 30 years later's society... I mean you can, but it will stick out like a sore thumb. People can't quite put their finger on what makes certain things good and why those can't be recreated later, but it's quite simple actually: any work of art, whether it's paintings, music, film, literature or videogames, carries the imprint of its particular era and in our case, the first 2 LBA games are offering us a snapshot of the way things were back them. That's how the society was, that's how people thought, acted, created, imagined, envisioned things. You cannot bake mom's recipe from back when you were a kid if you start altering the ingredients or replace some of the ones you can no longer find with "modern" alternatives. It just won't cut it.
Wow, mate, I think one of these days I'll ask for your autograph , every post of yours on this subject is just brilliance! And I think I have depicted a similar visual explanation in this post, for which your words complement perfectly.
Old 2022-11-09, 00:05
Twinsunian Quetch

I think we'll both need to give each other's autographs in the form of signing a contract to then setup a development studio and do LBA right for once
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2022-11-09 at 01:18.
Old 2022-11-09, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
I think we'll both need each other's autographs if you ask me then setup a development studio and do LBA right
Yeah, you and me and Jesse Thank you. Don't forget to vote in the poll, lol.
Old 2022-11-09, 01:36
Twinsunian Quetch

Wait... is there a poll?
Old 2022-11-09, 01:49
Magic Level: Water Ball

This rebound of activity is crazy !
I'm glad they are working on a remakeboot, the fact that everyone has an opinion on the matter means they didn't just make a random bland thing.
I'm eager to play it and am curious as to how it will turn out
Old 2022-11-09, 02:48

Can't believe #2 got 2 votes. Y'all be messing with the poll!
Old 2022-11-09, 03:35
inharmonic explorer

I really like the later concept art that bloodhound posted here (I was also going to post it.) In fact, I think it's really beautiful; exactly what I’d hope for for a modern LBA game that intelligently references its roots.
Old 2022-11-09, 03:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x View Post
I really like the later concept art that bloodhound posted here (I was also going to post it.) In fact, I think it's really beautiful; exactly what I’d hope for for a modern LBA game that intelligently references its roots.
Wow. If you feel this strongly about it, you should maybe make a song with this inspiration! Call it the 'Stellar Entity'. Why not. Pretend it's for LBA3's soundtrack.
Old 2022-11-10, 00:33
inharmonic explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Wow. If you feel this strongly about it, you should maybe make a song with this inspiration! Call it the 'Stellar Entity'. Why not. Pretend it's for LBA3's soundtrack.
Good idea. Maybe such a thing would get some listens even beyond you alone!

(Not to be ungrateful that I get to work in music and have it heard indrectly "through" other means/contexts/people.)