Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2007-03-30, 12:54
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Multiplayer mode would work, but it would take far too much effort to make it good.
The whole game would have to be set up with co-operatative puzzle sovleing in mind. A bit like Zelda: Four Swords.
Old 2007-03-30, 13:13
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2552 View Post
huh :S what were the 2 other LBA1 endings?
#1 Killing FunFrock -> Happy End
#2 Getting killed by FunFrock -> FunFrock blows Twinsun up
#3 Opening the Seal for FunFrock with Horn of Gawley -> FunFrock blows Twinsun up, too, but you also see Twinsen being on top of Polar Island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurck View Post
And I want Baldino to test his inventions himself everywhere
Gee. Then it would look like his house area in LBA 1 everywhere!
Old 2007-03-30, 14:56
Magic Ball Mister

Just one question about this thread, Chaos...
Are you going to be putting EVERY SINGLE IDEA into an email and send it off to Fred?
That that would just be uber cool!
Old 2007-03-30, 15:04
weee

We can make categories and add everything posted her, then send it to Fred
Old 2007-03-30, 17:21
Do the evolution.

You might categorise it into users eg:

XYZ suggested that:
#1blah blah blah
#2 ble ble ble
#3 blu blu blu

ABC suggested that:
(...)

etc.

Otherwise you might find yourself with a list full of contradicting ideas...

And we might make a poll with a question:
"What are your feelings towards LBA3 being a console game"
And options:
#1. I will buy LBA3 no matter the platform
#2. I say go for it - as long as there is also a PC version
#3. Absolutely no way - this was always a PC game and should stay a PC game.
Old 2007-03-30, 18:00
Le Kuck qui rit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Gee. Then it would look like his house area in LBA 1 everywhere!
That wouldn't be such a problem, would it?
(Like an environment which is changing all of the time and making the game change all of the time would create chaos, but I like chaos )

Old 2007-03-30, 18:15
You what?!

Multiplayer would be awesome, but for LBA I think it would be better not to be part of the "single player" story line, just an extra thing. Not sure how it would work though...

And picking up enemies weapons is an excellent idea.
Old 2007-03-30, 18:53
Le Kuck qui rit

Indeed, I would love to race around in a tank

Old 2007-03-30, 19:32
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
LBA3, Twinsuniuns and anti-Twinsuniuns , and machine-guns

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-03-30, 21:24

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Well, think about it, you could do like little scirmishes. They could be levels that simply utilize LBA3's engine and have nothing to do with the main plot.

I always wondered what it'd be like to do the whole Rebel against FunFrock siege with a real person.
Old 2007-04-02, 08:59
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Lightbulb Things you would like seen carried through into LBA3

I want the car to be more accessible in the next game. Driving around desert island just wasnt enough lol :P

Another thing I think would make the next game more fascinating would be no loading screens (unless on other planets) and manually controlling dino fly as you fly from island to island.

The final thing would be being able to head into the core of Twinsun (the planet is already so small). It would give the story line a bit of a nifty twist
Old 2007-04-02, 09:26
weee

Yeah, it'd be cool to enter the Sendells city, instead of walking there you'll float, and you'll see everything of how the Sendells live there and stuff.
Old 2007-04-02, 09:39
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino fly View Post
and manually controlling dino fly as you fly from island to island.
I think that'll never happen, because it'll need the whole planet to be modeled in detail, way too much work.
Old 2007-04-02, 09:54
weee

But,
Quote:
Dan2552: What size universe should we expect for LBA3 - Will there just be Twinsun and Zeelich or have you planned additional planets?

Frederick Raynal: Twinsun should be complete
Old 2007-04-02, 10:44
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte View Post
I think that'll never happen, because it'll need the whole planet to be modeled in detail, way too much work.
Check BG&E for that, there was flying there. We'd just need bigger islands with lotsa smaller islands around them eg: "Citadel Island Area", "Principal Island Area" etc.

Anyway, there's a thread like this one in general right? Shouldn't it be moved?
Old 2007-04-02, 11:13
You what?!

Merged I think is better. Get to it!
Old 2007-04-02, 11:22
You what?!

Sounds pretty good actually. If there is a multiplayer I don't think it should be a main part of the game though, just an extra, where you loggin to a server somewhere and can go around the planet with other players.

For LBA3 I think there needs to be a new level of realism. Not realistic in a way that we can literally relate to it, but some more things that show signs of life and that it is a self sustainable planet you could live on. For example...

Being able to buy food from shops and restaurants. Maybe trees with fruit and things. I don't think it should be like one of these games you can carry a lot of food around and eat it whenever you want to gain health, because eating doesn't actually heal you, at least not in the short term. But I think you should be able to eat things, even if it doesn't do anything.

Some sort of time passing process. They can't possibly be able to stay awake the whole time, and although Twinsen shouldn't need to sleep, I think there could be an in game clock. Maybe just a simple 10 "hours" in a day, and it doesn't really do anything, but sometimes people will say something like "come back tomorrow" so you have to wait a little while before you can complete that.

More weather changes. We saw the storm in LBA2 which was pretty neat, but that was it. It should start to rain, snow, etc, just randomly. Perhaps if there is a strong snow you are advised not to cross the Hymali (sp? no idea).

MORE PEOPLE AROUND! Just generally, people walking on the street, sometimes too busy to talk to you and they just rush right through the scene. There should be more people that are no useful to the plot, and that don't have any real purpose to your advancing through the game. If it is raining or something, there should be noticably less people on the streets, and wearing coats and rushing to get out of the rain.

More clothes options for you to wear. And definately more special suits like the wizard tunic and the space outfit.

That's me summed up.
Old 2007-04-02, 11:46

Even though Twinsun would be completely accessable doesn't mean every little bit is available. When you can fly around the whole planet you could land everywhere. This means that even uninteresting places need to be created.

In BG&E only a very small piece of the planet was available.

(merged with the lba3 wish list)
Old 2007-04-02, 11:51
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte View Post
In BG&E only a very small piece of the planet was available.

(merged with the lba3 wish list)
Well I meant for it to be divided into BG&E like areas around islands with caves and reefs etc. In wich you could fly, swim or even scuba dive.(with some sort of a funky diving suit and a harpoon gun for them pesky sharks).

And there might be something like that Dinofly would no longer be available to fly between islands:
#1. Becouse of the injury he got when crashed, the old boy is getting older after all.
#2. Twinsun might be expanding, due to the Stellar Entities gestation, and becouse of that there is a big land mass creation, wich let's the population to grow bigger and bigger - and here would come bigger Islands with bigger cities and a more massive and complicated architecture. - That's still what I would like the most, a bigger more complicated world that would seem very much alive with a lot of different animals and literally crowds in cities.

I'd like Twinsun to have it's own army force too, after all they're now in an alliance with Zeelich and there might be a pretty big amount of hostile planets out there. I can already see the posters on the walls trying to get young Twinsunians into the army.

And Baldino might be a chief of a company making space ships and all kinds of transportation devices, along with space fighters for the army.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2007-04-02 at 12:38.
Old 2007-04-02, 12:14
You what?!

Yeah loads more planets being instantly involved right at the start would be good, I think the game would have to be set quite long after LBA2 though, although Zeelich is already quite well linked up, as you can tell by the tourists, and the shuttle flight information.

And I think there should be more even distribution of the number of each species. Before there's mainly rabbibunnies and grobos, hardly any quetches or spheros.
Old 2007-04-02, 12:52
.II

Send a message via MSN to .TakaM
as long as its offline, and you don't have to press a button to switch modes (should just be able to perform them by playing slightly differently)

oh and, cel shaded, it should absolutely be cel shaded.
Old 2007-04-02, 13:10
You what?!

No. No one wants it to be cell shaded.

Including Fred.

So get over it.

And multiplayer just two player would not be as good as online where you could group up for example with maybe four players...
Old 2007-04-02, 13:16
Magic Ball Master

When it's coming on a console, it would be easy to have a multiplayer mode. Don't like online, I want to see the guys I'm playing with, and they shouldn't be able to disconnect.
Old 2007-04-02, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
When it's coming on a console, it would be easy to have a multiplayer mode. Don't like online, I want to see the guys I'm playing with, and they shouldn't be able to disconnect.
e.g. Hot Seat
Old 2007-04-02, 13:39
You what?!

Alternate multiplayer wouldn't be much fun for LBA, but playing the storyline two player would be okay. I think it would be better online though.

Not sure how they'd incorporate a two player into the storyline, single player could be Arthur, and two player could be his Twin Son's... ?

Ingenious, eh?