Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2013-09-11, 04:42
Magic Ball Master

I may not have the best idea of what is happening in here, but I would be more then glad to find out about it. I feel isolated when you guys keep saying those things... its just as if I shouldn't be messing with something that I can see that is wrong, because I can't fully understand it. Then why don't you all explain to me then? I know Battler is paranoid about some things, but you all are aswell. don't blame things on him and forget about yourselves... if he keeps fighting with all of you, its because you all want to do so aswell, otherwise it would have stopped long time ago.

Again, I would realy appreciate if someone could spare their time and tell me more about this whole problem that A_LIPSTICK mentioned, and other things too.
Old 2013-09-11, 07:29
Neko

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Yes, my anecdote is irrelevant to this forum, you're absolutely right about that. But you missed my point too. My point was, that informing someone who doesn't speak a word of English, that he needs to speak English, in English, was completely useless because the user didn't understand at all what Jesse told him. And noone had the possibility to act as an interpreter because the thread got closed, so only Moderators could reply to it.
If he cannot speak english then it was the right thing to do. If you can't speak English you have not much to do on a strictly speaking English forum. Seriously, what are we even arguing about?
Old 2013-09-11, 08:30
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
well polaris, i hope you're happy. this is all clearly your fault

On the other hand, it gave people a place to talk without driving an interesting thread off-topic.

Quote:
polaris and battler are definitely hypocrites.
What did I say/do now ?
Old 2013-09-11, 13:22
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
tell you what, all will be forgiven if from now on you let me call you "my little miguelito". (i have this fantasy of being a hispanic mother)
Old 2013-09-11, 14:55
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Again, I would realy appreciate if someone could spare their time and tell me more about this whole problem that A_LIPSTICK mentioned, and other things too.
This has been going on for years, it would take quite an effort to sum it up, and I don't think any side could be bothered just so you'll be able to express your opinion on the matter, as if anybody's expecting you to give a verdict on it.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-09-11, 17:04
Neko

To sum it up:
1. Thread closers could be done differently
2. We do take our time to investigate
3. Non english threads will be dealt with the same.
4. We aren't going to tailor the rules to each person individually.

That's all folks.
Old 2013-09-11, 17:10
Party animal

marcosmapf:

to sum it up really shortly, for the past few years battler has been disappearing from the forums for months at a time, then coming back out of nowhere to complain about elliptic (even in threads that have nothing to do with her). he basically only comes to the forums to complain about elliptic, that's how obsessed he is. you can do a quick search for posts by battler with the word "a_lipstick" or "kitteh" in them to get an idea. let me stress again that this has been going on for several years now so you can imagine how sick of it people are.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:15
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Reek: All I want is you, A_LIPSTICK, and other people from #lba to leave me alone. It's true, I don't like you guys but it's not about the past teasing per se, it's more about that that I've never gotten a sincere apology from you guys about it. Instead, you guys seem to pride yourselves on it.
Also, I did go to #lba some months ago and tried to be friends with you guys. The result? You guys forcible tried to help me regarding my girlfriend, despite being told repeatedly I did not want to discuss her with out, and in the end your "help" amounted to calling lies and excuses whenever I did not say what you guys wanted to hear.
Then the Ban for "spying" because I merely informed Twinsan of how you guys shat on him behind his back.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:28
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
marcosmapf:

to sum it up really shortly, for the past few years battler has been disappearing from the forums for months at a time, then coming back out of nowhere to complain about elliptic (even in threads that have nothing to do with her). he basically only comes to the forums to complain about elliptic, that's how obsessed he is. you can do a quick search for posts by battler with the word "a_lipstick" or "kitteh" in them to get an idea. let me stress again that this has been going on for several years now so you can imagine how sick of it people are.
No, this time for example, I discussed Anime in the Anime thread, made a thread asking for that thread to be re-opened, replied to two LBA First Aid threads to help people who had issues with the games, and expressed my opinion in this thread.
The second I in this thread expressed an opinion A_LIPSTICK did not like/approve of, she replied with an unduly harsh reply.

And the last time I came back, I was accused by Reek of ruining Pimmin's Wrestlefest, A_LIPSTICK disrputed at least one of my discussions with posts stating things such as "OBattler is a pedo who hates women", they all disrupted Double-J's thread about sanitizing this forum, A_LIPSTICK wished a painful death to everyone, etc.

Yes, maybe I do exaggerate with my campaigns against A_LIPSTICK et al., but fact remains, they also aren't exactly welcoming to me and other people they don't like.

And the fact Reek just ridiculed my current attempt at starting forum based on my attempts from 9 years ago, shows he, like me, hasn't gotten over the past yet. And in this case it's especially interesting, as A_LIPSTICK, Reek, and DedalousDiggle were the three people mostly responsible for the failure of my forums by way of abusing Administrator privileges granted by me to them to destroy the forums.
For that matter, I did have a userbase on my first forum, and even my last forum, started in around 2005, had a nice userbase - together, we reached over 10 thousand posts there in just slightly more than half a year. Not exactly a failure.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:59
Polly parrot

Quote:
tell you what, all will be forgiven if from now on you let me call you "my little miguelito". (i have this fantasy of being a hispanic mother)
Old 2013-09-11, 19:12
Neko

This is getting ridiculous battler, you are just proving their point.
You don't like them , they don't like you and I will not force the rules other than that I have done here: two warnings and one infraction. The forum automatically bans someone if they get too much points within a time period.

Those two posts were the only ones that went too far. Also I keep this open so people know they can discuss important matters.

Ps, use your ignorelist

Quote:
No, this time for example, I discussed Anime in the Anime thread, made a thread asking for that thread to be re-opened, replied to two LBA First Aid threads to help people who had issues with the games, and expressed my opinion in this thread.
The second I in this thread expressed an opinion A_LIPSTICK did not like/approve of, she replied with an unduly harsh reply.

And the last time I came back, I was accused by Reek of ruining Pimmin's Wrestlefest, A_LIPSTICK disrputed at least one of my discussions with posts stating things such as "OBattler is a pedo who hates women", they all disrupted Double-J's thread about sanitizing this forum, A_LIPSTICK wished a painful death to everyone, etc.

Yes, maybe I do exaggerate with my campaigns against A_LIPSTICK et al., but fact remains, they also aren't exactly welcoming to me and other people they don't like.

And the fact Reek just ridiculed my current attempt at starting forum based on my attempts from 9 years ago, shows he, like me, hasn't gotten over the past yet. And in this case it's especially interesting, as A_LIPSTICK, Reek, and DedalousDiggle were the three people mostly responsible for the failure of my forums by way of abusing Administrator privileges granted by me to them to destroy the forums.
For that matter, I did have a userbase on my first forum, and even my last forum, started in around 2005, had a nice userbase - together, we reached over 10 thousand posts there in just slightly more than half a year. Not exactly a failure.
Old 2013-09-11, 22:35
ffffff

Quote:
- Reek: All I want is you, A_LIPSTICK, and other people from #lba to leave me alone. It's true, I don't like you guys but it's not about the past teasing per se, it's more about that that I've never gotten a sincere apology from you guys about it. Instead, you guys seem to pride yourselves on it.
Also, I did go to #lba some months ago and tried to be friends with you guys. The result? You guys forcible tried to help me regarding my girlfriend, despite being told repeatedly I did not want to discuss her with out, and in the end your "help" amounted to calling lies and excuses whenever I did not say what you guys wanted to hear.
Then the Ban for "spying" because I merely informed Twinsan of how you guys shat on him behind his back.
1) we don't stalk you. if anything, you stalk us. i don't lurk in your irc channels and post logs to other people in order to cause shit. you do, and were discovered. a little word of advice - no one likes the office gossip and shit stirring is one of the easiest ways to be disliked by absolutely everyone. you informed someone of things that may or may not have been taken out of context in order to turn someone in #lba against a few of the other members you dislike. that was a nasty thing to do and in actual fact rings of bullying tactics that you so often like to accuse other members of.

2) what exactly do you want me to apologise for exactly? i don't understand. if you'd have come to me in private and explained your case then maybe i would understand. you can't expect me to remember everything i've ever said or done on the internet. you seem to want me to read your mind. seriously, dude. i am not #lba. i am one person. come to me, in private, if you have an issue with me.

3) as far as your girlfriend is concerned... no one rational would be able to understand the situation you are in. you have a girlfriend who you have never met and are making no plans to meet in the future. instead of saying "i like it that way" you insisted on giving a bazillion excuses to why you are unable to meet her, none of which held any water. if you'd have just been honest and said that you prefer to have an online relationship then no one would have tried to help you with suggestions as to how you could actually meet.

Quote:

i make harsh jokes. i don't hate you though, dude. far from it. you're hilarious. winding you up is entertaining. i know that sounds bad but i just can't help it. you're a guilty pleasure that i just can't help myself with. like an opened bar of galaxy chocolate, a square peaking out of the bronze foil, calling to me...

Quote:
that literally happened nearly 10 years ago. get over it, dude.

you obviously still hold a grudge about that because otherwise you wouldn't have responded in that way. you really, really need to get over it. maybe try counseling?
[21:53] <OBattler> i just donĀ“t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-09-11, 23:19
Idyllic + whimsical

Where are those logs btw?
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-09-12, 02:28
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hollywood View Post
This has been going on for years, it would take quite an effort to sum it up, and I don't think any side could be bothered just so you'll be able to express your opinion on the matter, as if anybody's expecting you to give a verdict on it.
I'm not expecting anyone to care about my opinion on the subject, but I would be more then glad to understand what is going on. I'm almost giving up this thread because the subject is so confusing to me that I lose my own arguments when I say something, but then learn that something else happened in the past to cause all of the problems, and in the end was just speaking nonsense.
Old 2013-09-12, 05:28
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_LIPSTICK
1) we don't stalk you. if anything, you stalk us. i don't lurk in your irc channels and post logs to other people in order to cause shit. you do, and were discovered. a little word of advice - no one likes the office gossip and shit stirring is one of the easiest ways to be disliked by absolutely everyone. you informed someone of things that may or may not have been taken out of context in order to turn someone in #lba against a few of the other members you dislike. that was a nasty thing to do and in actual fact rings of bullying tactics that you so often like to accuse other members of.
Yes, I admit I shouldn't have done that, and I apologize for it.

Quote:
2) what exactly do you want me to apologise for exactly? i don't understand. if you'd have come to me in private and explained your case then maybe i would understand. you can't expect me to remember everything i've ever said or done on the internet. you seem to want me to read your mind. seriously, dude. i am not #lba. i am one person. come to me, in private, if you have an issue with me.
I was thinking you should apologize for the incident of my first forum, but then I realized that was nearly 9 years ago now, so I think it's time for me to get over that.

As for #lba, well it's just, I usually see all you guys sharing mostly the same opinions on me, and on the rest of the MBN too, so I ended up thinking that you guys are some kind of organized hate group. But I now realize I was wrong. Maybe I should stop being so paranoid.

Quote:
3) as far as your girlfriend is concerned... no one rational would be able to understand the situation you are in. you have a girlfriend who you have never met and are making no plans to meet in the future. instead of saying "i like it that way" you insisted on giving a bazillion excuses to why you are unable to meet her, none of which held any water. if you'd have just been honest and said that you prefer to have an online relationship then no one would have tried to help you with suggestions as to how you could actually meet.
Yes, I know my reasoning was hard to follow and sometimes seemed stupid. And I do admit my whole story is difficult to understand. So let's just forget about that and move on.
But on a related matter, it looks like she'll come here for a visit next year. So I'll be able to meet her in real life finally.

Quote:
i make harsh jokes. i don't hate you though, dude. far from it. you're hilarious. winding you up is entertaining. i know that sounds bad but i just can't help it. you're a guilty pleasure that i just can't help myself with. like an opened bar of galaxy chocolate, a square peaking out of the bronze foil, calling to me...
Well, I just don't like harsh jokes, that's all. But then again, I tend to get way overworked about them, and I really think I need to be more relaxed and positive. For some reason, I'm always very tense and negative and that tends to get the better of me. I need to start working on that.

Quote:
that literally happened nearly 10 years ago. get over it, dude.

you obviously still hold a grudge about that because otherwise you wouldn't have responded in that way. you really, really need to get over it. maybe try counseling?
Well, you're absolutely right about that. I should get over it.

Last edited by Battler; 2013-09-12 at 05:57.
Old 2013-09-12, 07:20
Neko

Woah are we going somewhere good now?
Awesome
Old 2013-09-12, 12:44
Party animal

Well then. I hope that you're being sincere here, Battler, and that this is the end of the "elliptic/reek/#lba sux" campaign.
Old 2013-09-12, 13:04
Polly parrot

Quote:
But on a related matter, it looks like she'll come here for a visit next year. So I'll be able to meet her in real life finally.
Cool !
Old 2013-09-18, 02:50
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
And in this case it's especially interesting, as A_LIPSTICK, Reek, and DedalousDiggle were the three people mostly responsible for the failure of my forums by way of abusing Administrator privileges granted by me to them to destroy the forums.
You remember me! That warms my heart.
Old 2013-09-18, 12:45
Polly parrot

I think you're missing his point.

Btw, are you named after Dedalous Diggle in Harry Potter ?
Old 2013-09-18, 13:02
Party animal

No, he's named after the OTHER dedalous diggle
Old 2013-09-18, 18:36
Neko

i remember that name, nice to have you back
Old 2013-09-18, 18:39
Polly parrot

I say.