Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2013-04-27, 13:02
Pim! Pim!

kasia based on what i saw, you seem to get in a fair share of conflicts yourself
should people start an "ignore kasia" movement as well??
Old 2013-04-27, 13:03
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
kasia based on what i saw, you seem to get in a fair share of conflicts yourself
^
this.
Old 2013-04-27, 13:17
~

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with conflicts. Disagreements are natural and will always happen when there is more than 1 person concerned.
What is wrong is lack of any respect. And manipulation.
Do I really have to explain that to you?
Old 2013-04-27, 13:42
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
A_Lipstick - People ignoring you is not against the rules.
Especially when you do it yourself

Quote:
i don't have the willpower to read or respond to any of this. you probably just repeat what you said in your last post with more words anyway and completely disregard everything i've said. same old shit really. i'm tire
You bothered to quote someone, purely to make a point about not reading their post.
This is exactly like someone posting to say they will ignore you.

Neither post is necessary. If anyone wants to ignore anyone else, just do it.
Thats not to say its against the rules - but it is a bit childish.

(the other thing you reported is being looked into, however)
Old 2013-04-27, 13:50
Pim! Pim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
There is nothing wrong with conflicts. Disagreements are natural and will always happen when there is more than 1 person concerned.
manipulation is also organizing a boycott on members, and there's a condescending tone in some of your posts (including this one, i'm not retarded).

just live and let live <3
Old 2013-04-27, 13:57
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
A_Lipstick - People ignoring you is not against the rules.
Especially when you do it yourself

You bothered to quote someone, purely to make a point about not reading their post.
This is exactly like someone posting to say they will ignore you.

Neither post is necessary. If anyone wants to ignore anyone else, just do it.
Thats not to say its against the rules - but it is a bit childish.

(the other thing you reported is being looked into, however)
i no rite lol
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-04-27, 14:31
Neko

Quote:
manipulation is also organizing a boycott on members, and there's a condescending tone in some of your posts (including this one, i'm not retarded).

just live and let live <3
Pretty much this. Post of the day award.
Old 2013-04-27, 15:17
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I'm just trying to help Battler and other respectful people here, who can't have a normal conversation with anybody.
Look at the threads where there are no trolls, they are great. We talk.
Old 2013-04-27, 15:41
Previously Link

Quote:
I beg to differ. I don't see how Kasia's post are more condescending than any other's. We all have our moments in that regard. Not to mention it's very subjective. As for the ignoring, I don't see what's wrong with calling people to stop reacting to provocations.

Since those provocations and the reactions to these are basically all over the forum, polluting every thread, and usually coming from the same members, it doesn't seem illegitimate to me, to call for ignoring those members.
Old 2013-04-27, 15:44
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
I beg to differ. I don't see how Kasia's post are more condescending than any other's. We all have our moments in that regard. Not to mention it's very subjective. As for the ignoring, I don't see what's wrong with calling people to stop reacting to provocations.

Since those provocations and the reactions to these are basically all over the forum, polluting every thread, and usually coming from the same members, it doesn't seem illegitimate to me, to call for ignoring those members.
Thanks Link. Reasonable as always.
Old 2013-04-27, 18:44
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Should I be unable to witness something like that, I'd never forgive myself.
http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...t=15553&page=7
peace&love
That was one of the most epic threads
Old 2013-04-27, 19:10
Neko

Quote:

Let's look back at the thing she said ok?

She's doing her fair share of that as well. To the ones she's having trouble with, and the people who don't agree with her on this.
Old 2013-04-27, 20:31
Polly parrot

She is not doing all of that with the sole purpose of annoying everyone here...
Old 2013-04-27, 20:57
~

Quote:

She's doing her fair share of that as well. To the ones she's having trouble with, and the people who don't agree with her on this.
You know very well that I don't have negative feelings to anyone here.
I don't care how much they have been hurt and by whom. And I don't blame them for whom they are. But I do not want anybody else to be affected by their (what word should I choose to avoid being offensive?) current personality.

And pleasae, this is a revenge or what? Stop being ostentatiously negative about me because of personal stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
She is not doing all of that with the sole purpose of annoying everyone here...
Well, with an opposite purpose, precisely.
Polaris, Link, you are more than welcome to start being active on the Battler's forum. I really hope we can make it alive and that it will be a nice change for a lot of us here.
Of course anyone else is welcome too, as long as they are ready to participate in nice, respectful conversations.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:13
Neko

I am not being negative to you. I just see things different than you.

Quote:
You know very well that I don't have negative feelings to anyone here.
I don't care how much they have been hurt and by whom. And I don't blame them for whom they are. But I do not want anybody else to be affected by their (what word should I choose to avoid being offensive?) current personality.

And pleasae, this is a revenge or what? Stop being ostentatiously negative about me because of personal stuff.

Well, with an opposite purpose, precisely.
Polaris, Link, you are more than welcome to start being active on the Battler's forum. I really hope we can make it alive and that it will be a nice change for a lot of us here.
Of course anyone else is welcome too, as long as they are ready to participate in nice, respectful conversations.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:19
~

Quote:
I am not being negative to you. I just see things different than you.
You accuse me of bad things, which is not nice and I don't deserve it. So it's a bit more than seeing things different than me.
Old 2013-04-27, 21:30
Polly parrot

Quote:
But... I like it here
Old 2013-04-27, 21:35
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
But... I like it here
Maybe you'll like it there too ?
You can be in both places, I don't ask you to abandon MBN, lol.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:00
Previously Link

Thanks, but I will stick to the MBN. Hopefully we can sort this problem out peacefully.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:05
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Well, what we need is change. Change will not happen on the MBN as long as the staff is composed of conservatives (as regards the MBN) who will never be able to take a new MBN. My forum is an alternative but when people stubbornly refuse to join any forum other than MBN, that won't work either. So basically, change will not happen on the MBN but people will still stick on the MBN even when they want change.

Listen, maybe if many people left this forum and went onto mine, then the staff here would finally realize that change is needed. Otherwise, the staff know everyone will still say so they'll see no reason to implement any change.
It's like East Germany - it wasn't until people started emigrating en masse to West Germany, that East Germany finally adopted democracy and embraced change.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:07
~

Quote:
Thanks, but I will stick to the MBN. Hopefully we can sort this problem out peacefully.
That's sad.
Could you please define the "problem"?
Also, what stops you from visiting both forums?
Old 2013-04-27, 22:11
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Well, what we need is change. Change will not happen on the MBN as long as the staff is composed of conservatives (as regards the MBN) who will never be able to take a new MBN. My forum is an alternative but when people stubbornly refuse to join any forum other than MBN, that won't work either. So basically, change will not happen on the MBN but people will still stick on the MBN even when they want change.

Listen, maybe if many people left this forum and went onto mine, then the staff here would finally realize that change is needed. Otherwise, the staff know everyone will still say so they'll see no reason to implement any change.
It's like East Germany - it wasn't until people started emigrating en masse to West Germany, that East Germany finally adopted democracy and embraced change.
I'm not a supporter of "either here or there" option.
People can be active on both forums, why would we try to "steal" members from MBN? Some of them like the way MBN is, so let them stay here. Some are not happy with what's happening on MBN, but they feel some fondness towards this forum - that's OK too, I actually hope they'll stay here. But I can't see a reason why someone who wants changes would keep on refusing to try to start something new, just try at least.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:21
Neko

The rules as they are posted in this thread are actually actively enforced now.
Before it was a bit unclear about the way they were still valid.

In other words: the mbn DID change.

@Battler: it seems odd to me how you think lipstick is being unrespectfull towards the staff here while you constantly trash us too.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:28
~

Quote:
The rules as they are posted in this thread are actually actively enforced now.
Before it was a bit unclear about the way they were still valid.

In other words: the mbn DID change.

@Battler: it seems odd to me how you think lipstick is being unrespectfull towards the staff here while you constantly trash us too.
How does he trash you?
He's like "I don't like that (...) and I disagree with (...)"
And A_LIPSTICK's like "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK"
Well, no difference at all.

It didn't change. You can write a 1000 pages book about what members should and shouldn't do, and so what? If some people don't care, you either need to pursue them to start caring, or ban them. And if you're like "we've established the rules, now you may take them under consideration when you post, and if you don't then well, we'll see, if we like you we probably won't mind."
Old 2013-04-27, 22:33
You what?!

This has gone massively off-topic.
If you have anything to discuss about the New Forum Rules & Guidelines, post in this thread.
If you want to discuss something else, find the appropriate thread or open a new one.

Jesse, Kasia - take it to the PMs.

Last edited by Kitarii; 2013-04-27 at 22:41.