Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2013-04-28, 01:22
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
I did agree in the end. I just forgot to inform you. And I even started ignoring them, until this whole drama started just now.
Great.
Just mind that it will demand a looooot of patience.

So, can we assume that the "ignoring experiment" has started now? No exceptions?
Old 2013-04-28, 01:22
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
she was talking about the fic medur posted, not battler.
this thread is pretty funny, but that fic is amazing. gustav you are a legend.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-04-28, 01:23
New efforts! :)

Quote:
the Magicball Network Forums Rules Although the administrators and moderators of the Magicball Network Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Magicball Network Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of the Magicball Network Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
This are.... all the rules of the forum? :|

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2013-04-28, 01:24
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Great.
Just mind that it will demand a looooot of patience.

So, can we assume that the "ignoring experiment" has started now? No exceptions?
Yeah, it has. No exceptions.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:27
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor View Post
This are.... all the rules of the forum? :|
Check the first post in this thread, there's a link to them (the rules) : http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=16909
Old 2013-04-28, 01:27
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Yeah, it has. No exceptions.
Yay, peace!

Also, the last message to A_LIPSTICK: sorry then, I really thought you are laughing of Battler's post. Bye bye.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:28
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Check the first post in this thread, there's a link to them (the rules) : http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=16909
Well, reports are not mentioned.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:29
You what?!

Good point Kasia, I'll add another rule.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Thanks , although I had already read that, it says nothing about how infractions work. I want to understand how infractions work.

Take a look at the blog!

Old 2013-04-28, 01:33
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor View Post
Thanks , although I had already read that, it says nothing about how infractions work. I want to understand how infractions work.
You'll get usually 5 or 10 points for breaking a rule (often a warning on your first offence with no points). Most of these expire, but if you have 100 points at any time then you will be banned.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
You'll get usually 5 or 10 points for breaking a rule (often a warning on your first offence with no points). Most of these expire, but if you have 100 points at any time then you will be banned.
Thanks for your answer, that covers my question. I couldn't find that anywhere at the site, not even the FAQ. Perhaps it would also be a good idea to add it as a clarification on the Forum Rules.

Take a look at the blog!

Old 2013-04-28, 01:35
~

Quote:
Good point Kasia, I'll add another rule.
Do so!
People should know that it's risky, it's not nice to find out about that only after receiving an infraction.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:36
You what?!

I would have thought that a private message explaining that what you were doing was a problem would be enough, but now there is also a rule so hopefully we can move on from this.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:43
Polly parrot

What do you mean by personally offended ? Being offended by what is written, or being offended by something directed to yourself ?
Old 2013-04-28, 01:45
You what?!

Either, mostly the second one. If for example you see a post where member A says "member B sucks", and you are member C, then you don't need to report that. Member B can report it if they feel inclined to do so.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:48
~

Quote:
I would have thought that a private message explaining that what you were doing was a problem would be enough, but now there is also a rule so hopefully we can move on from this.
I wasn't "doing" anything, that was a single hour of weakness. If you like to post screenshots so much, you could show the amount of my reports before that night too. As far as I remember there was none. I only reported something once during my whole presence on this forum, it was a visitor message from Twinsan.
And don't be surprised that I couldn't take your infraction seriously, while I wasn't the one who deserved it after that night.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:54
~

[a continuation of the "post" thread from the "dear moderators" forum"]

No Kitarii, I won't move this conversation to PMs, so that you can pretend you did nothing wrong.
No, I don't say you're lying because you posted the screenshots.
What I'm saying is that:
- you have no right to post screenshots of any private conversation, and ESPECIALLY not one in which you have access to being a mod.
- You lied repeatedly to make me seem bad. You lied about my repetitive reports of DJ's posts, you lied that I "was reporting" things often.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:58
You what?!

Such a shame that you're acting like a child and not letting this go.
I don't really care what anyone thinks, I've provided the evidence for people to see so they can make their own minds up from this point.
The fact is that you're upset because the truth has come out and you're not so innocent as you've obviously been telling people.

Good night everyone.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:03
~

Quote:
I don't really care what anyone thinks, I've provided the evidence for people to see so they can make their own minds up from this point.
The fact is that you're upset because the truth has come out and you're not so innocent as you've obviously been telling people.

Good night everyone.
Well, no.
I'm not letting it go because you have done a bad thing. Do you expect me to allow mods to act like you do? This is unacceptable, so I will keep on talking about it as long as it's needed. A childish behaviour is lack of protest against injustice.
And I'm not upset because the truth came out, as I had said the truth before you posted those screenshots. They show no more no less than what I said. The point is, you shouldn't have posted private stuff without asking me for permission.

Last edited by Kasia; 2013-04-28 at 02:14.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:04
ffffff

Quote:

Good night everyone.
whoa, buuurrrn

kitty cat's got his claws out. feisty!

edit: can't blame him. i mean he's had to put up with all this bullshit all day.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*

Last edited by A_LIPSTICK; 2013-04-28 at 02:05. Reason: butts
Old 2013-04-28, 03:18
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Well, no.
I'm not letting it go because you have done a bad thing. Do you expect me to allow mods to act like you do? This is unacceptable, so I will keep on talking about it as long as it's needed. A childish behaviour is lack of protest against injustice.
And I'm not upset because the truth came out, as I had said the truth before you posted those screenshots. They show no more no less than what I said. The point is, you shouldn't have posted private stuff without asking me for permission.
time to drop it, kasia. kit's screenshot only shows how much you overreacted. Back to the police exemple; if the same girl called the police to report a crime every half an hour, how much credibility has she left? he posted it because probably HE was offended by YOUR lies. stop playing the victim now, nobody got hurt, your infractions expired. let's forget about this. if I learned something from this thread it's that I should click on the report button sometimes. Ive never reported anyone, and that's wrong since I've been offended sometimes. you should learn to not report everything. it's true that you've been unjustly offended, I can see that, but your actions only and made the mods work stressing and impossible.
no offense intended, but you can't ask for respect when you're breaking that simple rule yourself.
Old 2013-04-28, 12:33
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Ok, I have only skim read this.....before my breakfirst....and with a lot of posts to get though, but imho;

* It is wrong for any mod (or anyone) to post a private conservation privately without permission from both parties. In general, I agree with this point.

* In this circumstance I can see why Kit did it - but ideally this thing should go more like;
a) "You said X"
b) "No I didn't"
a) "Yes you did!"
b) "prove it"
a) [posts screenshot]

A should only post the screenshot if B refuses to admit they said/did something. Then the evidence is needed. B gives up their right to privacy only if they refuse admit how they acted.
In most circumstances, however, I think B wouldn't actually denigh what they said, but simply put a different spin on it.

In either case, in this specific circumstance I really don't see much to gain by going on about it. The only thing I think we might usefully take away is a rule addition to cover this.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:08
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
BTW, I think the signature rule we had, was fine. It just needs to be actually enforced. I remember it was basically a signature had to be 5 lines at most and at reasonable size. A_LIPSTICK's signature for example was in violation of that.
I also think quotes in signatures need to be regulated. It's one thing to quote something nice, but there is a long-standing tendency on this forum to quote anything one doesn't like in order make a constant point about how bad a person is, which in my opinion borders on personal attack.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:18
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
seconded. have that huge fonts resized at least
Old 2013-04-28, 14:26
Welcome to Zirla!

Why was Kasia banned but not Kitarii too? Will Kitarii seriously get away with his own insults just because he's a Moderator?