Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2013-09-02, 18:29
Polly parrot

I have nothing to complain about

Seriously, people speak about the mods only when something is wrong, I am here to say that I find the modding very good here, and have nothing to complain about
Old 2013-09-02, 22:57
Magic Ball Master

That's it? Ok then, props to you.
I won't discuss anything about this in public, I don't want people raging on me.

Last edited by marcosmapf; 2013-09-02 at 23:19.
Old 2013-09-02, 23:14
Polly parrot

Thanks, forgot to say that this was not to start an argument, just some moral help to the mods.
Old 2013-09-03, 00:35
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
The sentiment is appreciated, although I haven't been too active over the past week so the others deserve more credit.
Old 2013-09-03, 01:29
Polly parrot

I haven't been here lately either, I was talking in a general way
Old 2013-09-04, 08:50
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
such a brown noser!
Old 2013-09-04, 11:16
Polly parrot

Old 2013-09-04, 13:32
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
*secretly allocates Polaris "mod credit" points, and subtracts some from Reek.
Old 2013-09-04, 16:53
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
That's it? Ok then, props to you.
I won't discuss anything about this in public, I don't want people raging on me.
So, you think the modding is shite huh
Old 2013-09-04, 23:47
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
So, you think the modding is shite huh
I have never said so. I just said I didn't want to comment on it, because we already had a lot of problems regarding that subject.
But I can't say it is perfect or awesome either.
Old 2013-09-05, 22:21
Neko

But by saying you will not comment you are already commenting.

Ah well
Old 2013-09-06, 00:32
<3 MP

To be completely honest here... the modding sucks. Too many times have the mods jumped the gun when it comes to handing out warnings/infractions/bans.. whatever, without actually taking the time to figure out what had happened/who's at fault/etc...

I'm not ragging on any one person in particular but all the mods as a whole. You guys just seem to want to be lazy with your modding responsibilities instead of actually being fair to everyone else. Its like an eenie meenie meine mo game. Infractions etc are just seemed to be handed out without any real observation or investigation of who is at fault. If you guys don't want or appreciate your positions, then hand them off to someone else. I know its a pain in the ass being a mod/admin or whatever but cmon, at least be fair to everyone.

Not to mention the closing of multiple threads, which is completely unnecissary. Tell the person who is bumping the old threads to quit and explain why. If they don't then they are subject to an official warning. If it still persistes then an infraction and even more so, an account suspension followed by a perm ban if absolutely necissary.

Oh and none of you guys are supposed to take this offensively... I also honestly think the mods here are cool as shit as people. You guys just have poor "parenting" skills. Or adult babysitting skills... whichever.

Last edited by Zee; 2013-09-06 at 00:42.
Old 2013-09-06, 02:50
Magic Ball Master

Ok, I said I wasn't going comment anything in here but damn, Zee said everything that was needed to say....
I have never had any problems with moderators (for the exception of thread closures), but from what I have seen around the forum what Zee said is the purest true.
Old 2013-09-06, 06:56
Neko

We are fair for everybody and we do take our time.
For every action or infraction theres about 3 mods looking in to it. Ofcourse the person involved is usually not happy when he gets infracted.
Or when someone is told the harsh truth they complain the person should be banned.

Point is, if you are going to hand out infractions, you're never going to please everybody. That's impossible.

I do agree on the closing threads though. Better to just delete the posts, good one
Old 2013-09-06, 12:35
Pim! Pim!

the only thing that bothers me about the modding here is that arguments start in threads and they go on forever, and only after a lot of people get hurt someone suddenly bothers doing something about it, but the response is overcompensating and the thread is just killed or people get banned

i remember someone said that mods can't read all the threads in the forum, but to be fair there isn't THAT MUCH going on nowadays. in the current scale of activity, a closer and more frequent inspection of the threads is certainly possible!!

if the mods think it's impossible, then - and i know that for some reason it's forbidden to say that around here - maybe we should get new/more mods...
Old 2013-09-06, 13:22
Classic

If you think we should read each and every post, why not have them approved too? So nothing can be posted until we check it?

Personally, I'd like to think that the vast majority of posts are fine and people can, in general, be trusted.
Old 2013-09-06, 14:52
Pim! Pim!

for the same reason that people want policemen patrolling the streets, but they don't want to be censored
most of the time people are ok, and the cost of having to suffer abusive posts for a few hours isn't as bad as a delayed/edited conversation due to a screening process. the thing is that those posts don't just stay there for a few hours, arguments sometimes go on for days till someone says "yeah i guess this isn't right"...
Old 2013-09-06, 17:12
Neko

I think the problem is most people have no clue what happens behind the curtains or when someone is infracted or not.

It's very easy to critisize if you're missing information.
All the bans were accounted for.
Some people want certain people banned, but that's more a personal feud than a real argument.

Kit, DF and I are 3 VERY different persons with different opinions. If we all agree on an action I'd say it's fairly justified.

Ofcourse, if there's more people to help us I don't mind. You'll quickly find that we aren't jumping the gun or whatever
Old 2013-09-06, 18:14
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
i remember someone said that mods can't read all the threads in the forum, but to be fair there isn't THAT MUCH going on nowadays. in the current scale of activity, a closer and more frequent inspection of the threads is certainly possible!!
There is a report button... No need for new/more mods or anything, people who read offensive posts can report them...
Old 2013-09-06, 21:08
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
for the same reason that people want policemen patrolling the streets, but they don't want to be censored
Nice comparsion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
If you think we should read each and every post, why not have them approved too? So nothing can be posted until we check it?

Personally, I'd like to think that the vast majority of posts are fine and people can, in general, be trusted.
Reading the posts, looking for bad behaviour or something like that is one thing, Censoring the posts is another tottaly diferent thing. I'm also a moderator in another forum (so I know what happens behind the courtains), and everyday I check EVERY SINGLE POST and do my best to keep the order in there. That doesn't mean I'm censoring the posts, It just means that I'm trying to eliminate any bad behaviour that might cause problems in the forums.
Old 2013-09-07, 10:34
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Ok, I said I wasn't going comment anything in here but damn, Zee said everything that was needed to say....
I have never had any problems with moderators (for the exception of thread closures), but from what I have seen around the forum what Zee said is the purest true.
Purest truth? Back it up with examples man.
I am rather curious now.
Show me the money.

I agree about the thread closures btw
Old 2013-09-07, 12:30
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee
Not to mention the closing of multiple threads, which is completely unnecissary. Tell the person who is bumping the old threads to quit and explain why. If they don't then they are subject to an official warning. If it still persistes then an infraction and even more so, an account suspension followed by a perm ban if absolutely necissary.
First, one thread got closed simply because the original poster did not post in English. I (or someone else) remember the original post being in Spanish, and I could have translated it and acted as the person's interpreter and therefore give a nice welcome to the new member, but instead the thread was just closed, with a comment saying in English that he should speak English - something completely useless considering the original poster did not speak English at all and with the thread being closed, there was no way for someone who spoke both languages to be able to translate.
So that was a textbook case of black-and-white following of the rules, without examining the situation first. Yes, speaking other languages is against the rules, but closing the thread, with a comment in English and not even a Google translation into the original poster's language, is not helpful at all.

Then the Anime thread - it was closed when keeping it open and deleting off-topic post was in my opinion a better solution, and when people expressed the desire to continue discussing Anime, a follow-up thread was opened. Why was the original thread not re-opened?

Quote:
Oh and none of you guys are supposed to take this offensively... I also honestly think the mods here are cool as shit as people. You guys just have poor "parenting" skills. Or adult babysitting skills... whichever.
This is exactly true. I know Jesse is a great person, as is Jasiek, and Darkflame too. And Kitarii is alright, he's certainly not a bad guy. But a great person does not necessarily make a great Moderator. I think the problem on this forum is exactly that Moderators are usually chosen based on who is more "cool" rather than based on who shows a better ability to work with people.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:38
Polly parrot

Fine, I understood guys, I'll never make a thread again where I say that I'm satisfied
Old 2013-09-07, 13:59
Neko

Nah I think they have a fair point about thread closures.
But the stuff about investigating and infraction is simply not true. Just because we don't do stuff as you would doesn't make it bad.
Old 2013-09-07, 14:30
ffffff

holy shit. a thread about moderation and i haven't been mentioned yet?

in all seriousness though i don't even think this forum needs moderation, what with there being like 3 new posts a day. in fact, the only time this forum is active nowadays is when me or anakin makes a troll thread. you love our rule-breaking, it gives you something to complain about.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just donĀ“t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*