Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: Which Do You Recommend? (PC Versions, Of Course)
Jedi Outcast (JKII) 4 44.44%
Jedi Academy 1 11.11%
Both 4 44.44%
Neither (Sorry, I can't get Deus Ex, my stupid vid card won't handle it. Half-Life 2 still might take my card however. ) 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-11-29, 21:39
Magic Ball Master

Star Wars JKII/Jedi Academy

I know a plethora of people here are fans, especially FB2K. I want opinions. Thanks.

-DJ
Old 2003-11-29, 22:02
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
SP-wise, I prefer Jedi Outcast, much better, gameplay is more fun. MP-Wise, well, I had more fun on JO, but JA has more potential, although not many play it.

If you gettin one of them, get JO.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2003-11-29, 23:13
Magic Ball Master

Both are very nice but JO has a much better SP as has been said, also while JA has some new features which are quite nice, and the MP may be a tad better, I prefer JO's as in JA people just run about with their double-sabres randomly clicking. It sucks.
Old 2003-11-29, 23:23
Still in a dream...

Jedi Outcast. Far better game, more fun.

Jedi Academy was shit. The support was shit too. They released a fucked up game, and it didnt work on many computers. Fucking twats at LucasArts.

Anyway, Jedi Outcast was much harder imo, which made it more fun to play, which made it last longer. I loved it.

Get it d00d.
Old 2003-11-30, 00:30
dig me now, fuck me later

Send a message via MSN to lembo
personally, i had more fun in the JA SP, but i found the MP to be a bit unbalanced.

JO i didn't really like the SP at all, but the MP was superb...

i've gone for JA, but for MP action, JO is a bit better...

www.disassembly.co.uk
Old 2003-11-30, 18:24
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemona

Jedi Academy was shit. The support was shit too. They released a fucked up game, and it didnt work on many computers. Fucking twats at LucasArts
Really? My system exceeds the requirements, and Lucasarts (I thought) was notorious for its low system req. so it would work on many types of PC's...what problems?
Old 2003-11-30, 19:59
Still in a dream...

It wasn't just me. Many others had it too.

I mean, ffs, its the first time I've NEEDED a crack for a game I bought
Old 2003-12-01, 16:24

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Acedemy was basically an expansion pack and not really a thing to be called as its own game. Jedi Kknight and Jedi Outcast were both revolutionary with eachother in the sense that they greatly differed. Each game had its own outstanding improvements. Acedemy....was shit. Whatever role LucasArts was on when they were making the Dark Forces series got screwed up when they got to their 4th game. I mean, if you think about it, Acedemy had some more jedi moves and lightsabers, but that was it! And the gameplay, although copied exactly from Outcast, was even worse due to the very boring levels. I don't think there's even a story...don't think there ever was. LucasArts probably just went for the money after they hit success in one corner.