Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2004-07-30, 18:51
Neko

a new one mates

It's a classic if you know my music. I reupped this song from 1999 and it's still a favourite among friends of mine. It's a lot of fun basicly and oldskool feelings in it

http://www.brainkiller.it/bk-music-one/jessegorter.php

Title: Pisang
Tell me what you think
Old 2004-07-30, 20:06
Banned

Neko is always active wat betreft music
Ah well, i'll try it later. Hope it's not something like dragonball
Old 2004-07-30, 20:37
Neko

Luckily it ain't, and yeah I even feel like i'm taking a break music wise, but that means just that I write less than usually (which is the crazy pace of 4 albums in one year).

Speaking of which...

I have no idea how far I will be in one year, my guess is 2 albums for the next year and maybe if we're lucky 3
Old 2004-07-30, 22:27
Banned

You can't sell albums right
Old 2004-07-30, 22:30

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I thought Pisang was totaly funky and sw33t!
Old 2004-07-31, 01:20
Neko

Lightwing: thanks man You don't like rap though right? I actually don't either most of the times ^^

Ran: I dunno about 'can'. At the moment I have one song officially out, and I believe these releases on that site count as semi-official, at least I can always proove their mine by pointing out I released it there first. But wether I can make money with it depends if I am one of the winners for the next album of that site, but it's probably a small thing in any case.

But you know, at the moment making the music feels more important than releasing it, maybe I'll save it for the future. Comments around me, from friends and stuff are in the trend of: 'Yes this will definitely sell' to 'it could be on a computergame'.

Not that I see it as computergame-music, but I'll forgive em for that statement (since vachey makes that musis too, but still).
Old 2004-07-31, 02:44

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Heh, that was rap?
Old 2004-07-31, 02:57
Le Kuck qui rit

I don't hear anything!
Ah, I hear something, but it bores me a bit. Sorry.
But I like Sundown For Arabia.

Last edited by Kurck; 2004-07-31 at 05:06.
Old 2004-07-31, 03:05
strange dreamer

heh, seems rap to me

i like the string thing taht start in 1:18..

as for else, well, its a bit chaotic lol

what is pisang anyway?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-07-31, 03:51
Le Kuck qui rit

It's a banana/Wacko, that was what the dictionary told me. Never heard of it before. Neko, which language is it come from?

Last edited by Kurck; 2004-07-31 at 05:04.
Old 2004-07-31, 13:55
Neko

It's okay if you don't like it, sundown is the most recent on anywayz
I have no clue what it's from, but pisang is also an alcoholic drink.

And it isn't rap ofcourse but it does have a hiphop feel to it. Rap cannot be rap without vocals but I supose hiphop can
But yeah hiphop borrows from jazz and stuff, so you can call it whatever you want
Old 2004-08-24, 18:03
Free. Free. Free. Free.

Send a message via MSN to Evil-Twinsen
Hey stickly man! Whaaaaaaaaaat are you doing?

Je... Uh... NEKO, I haven't heard from you in SO long!

Maaan it's been so long.

Listening to you piece there man... Still going with the same funky techno beat shit my ma? Ahhh I thought u'd know better by now! Ahh 'I'm just kidding. This shit got great beat my delicious macheezmo man, funk all the way!

Mmmm I still prefer the use of classical instruments into new methods and all that... But this is good shit nontheless. It's very good for it's genre.
As usual, somethign that would work great in the right context.
Somehow I see how this would fit great into a movie like "Snatch" or "The Italian Job"... It's got just the right groove to it mate.

What software u workin' with now'dayz?
Live.
Old 2004-08-27, 12:50
Neko

Hehe,
Yeah man I gave up chatting about 6 months ago, I prefer email all the way
msn/icq just makes me tired, so naturally you don't see me online a lot. You know my mail right? It's [email address]
Kinda lost yours I think, since it was icq all the way...

About the music:
Yeah I actually compose as much with the classical instruments as much as with the softsynths in reason (still using it...). At the moment I have no idea when or where I do want to release my tracks. I kinda see em as a personal collection awaiting a chance to get played out and reproduced in a real studio.

I am also looking forward to the next madtracker version so I can have a program that easily supports VST...

How about you?
Did you ever got to play your tune at that classical play? How did it go down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Twinsen
Hey stickly man! Whaaaaaaaaaat are you doing?

Je... Uh... NEKO, I haven't heard from you in SO long!

Maaan it's been so long.

Listening to you piece there man... Still going with the same funky techno beat shit my ma? Ahhh I thought u'd know better by now! Ahh 'I'm just kidding. This shit got great beat my delicious macheezmo man, funk all the way!

Mmmm I still prefer the use of classical instruments into new methods and all that... But this is good shit nontheless. It's very good for it's genre.
As usual, somethign that would work great in the right context.
Somehow I see how this would fit great into a movie like "Snatch" or "The Italian Job"... It's got just the right groove to it mate.

What software u workin' with now'dayz?
Old 2004-08-27, 13:20
Free. Free. Free. Free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko
Hehe,
Yeah man I gave up chatting about 6 months ago, I prefer email all the way
msn/icq just makes me tired, so naturally you don't see me online a lot. You know my mail right? It's [email address]
Kinda lost yours I think, since it was icq all the way...

About the music:
Yeah I actually compose as much with the classical instruments as much as with the softsynths in reason (still using it...). At the moment I have no idea when or where I do want to release my tracks. I kinda see em as a personal collection awaiting a chance to get played out and reproduced in a real studio.

I am also looking forward to the next madtracker version so I can have a program that easily supports VST...

How about you?
Did you ever got to play your tune at that classical play? How did it go down?
Hey man.

Wow, u still remeber that, huh? It was a year ago.

It's something I'll probably remember all my life as my "learning fee" for all that's got to do with perfomances and what they actualy mean...
Was probably the most embarassing, funny, depressing - but very educational days I've ever had.
Kinda like the bird-mother throwing her little bird children from the tree so that they try to fly on their own... Yea, they might crash, but that's the only way they're gonna learn.

So I went to that place where the show with all the "young promises" (me included I guess) were supposed to perform. At first I talked to the manager about arranging some 5-10 people to play the parts. After we saw THAT ain't gonna work, I was said by the manager they might have someone play the piano along with my music on the background and I said "oh, that's kewl enough for a first time i guess".
Then, soon enough, reality check came along and caught me with my pants down.
There was no pianist
Most of the people playing there were doing weird acoustic live music, which SUCKED.
It wasn't in a big hall, but a small bar.
The guy responsible of the sound in that bar wouldn't even lemme do a sound check.
There were about... 15 people there.
And when my time was up, I had to stand there on the stage, behind the computer (They didn't even have a CD!!!) that had the files of music, and I just hit "play", and it played it, and there was no one else on stage really, just me behind the computer, and the bass was WAAAY too loud and one of the amps hardly worked and everything sounded TERRIBLE, and the 15-20 guyz in the audience were hardly listening, and on top of all that I saw how the guy who arranged everything (who's one of the sweetest, yet weirdest, guyz I've ever met, he's about 28 years old, and he's gay, too, dunno what that's got to do with anything but whatever :P) anyway he was really really embarassed by the fact NOTHING worked, and after he said to me it's gonna be a lot bigger than what it actually was... And he was still trying to go on with the show even though i REALLY wanted to get off the stage already, and then we started talking about my music on stage between the songs (3 songs I played there), and... God, I've never felt so miserable and stupid in my life.

And to think it was a 3 hours ride there.

My dad came to pick me up to get back home at around 23:30, and I just felt like SUCH an idiot all those 3 hours of driving... I told myself this was it, this was the lsat night I ever do anything that's got to do with music...

A couple of days later I kinda shook myself up, and realized that "first shows" turn to be disappointing, or humiliating... I knew I learned my lessons (know exactly what u're going into before going into it), and I learned not to say "yes" to every proposal before knowing what the proposal is, exactly.
And most of all - not to be delusional. When you know something ain't right about something, don't close your eyes and pretend it'd go away. If you feel something's very wrong about something... Find out what's going on, don't just close your eyes and say "ah, it'll be fine I'm sure".

Nowadays I can look at the whole experience as the most enriching one of my soon-to-be(I hope) professional life, so far.

And mm that's something you should know too when you start performing live (or have you already). Learn my lessons, man

Anyway... Long post man.
Why don't you switch to Cubase? That's what I'm gonna do, I've heard it's a loooooooot better than the rest of the crap lying around.
Live.
Old 2004-08-28, 11:06
Neko

Ah yeah I have a good memory. I thought it was going to be a big place where they play classic music all the time. So I wondered how it would go down, since classical music fans can be very picky and narrowlyminded. But maybe that's just my error, seeing as there were a lot of experimental composers.

But that kinda sucks...so do you still compose a lot?

Cubase might be ok, but what does it come with? I'm very not technical, took me a year to find out the redrum had a feature to 'arrange to track' so you could get the patterns in the sequencer instead of exporting every pattern to a wav instead. That wasn't a problem though, got used to export every intrument to wav files (all the parts they play), twist em around and export them in various variations and then loading madtracker to compose the whole track with about 30 loops going on

But yeah, I tried logic but it makes no sense to me. I can read notes but compose em that way is a pain in my but, I already onced switched from a method to write to another. And at this time I really find reason easy to write your inspiration down with. I'd say maybe Cubase is cool to rewrite your reaosn tune in there to professionalise it.

You tried it yet?

I don't p lay live yet. The thing is: my life is good the way it is going now and I really like to finish my school first (another 3 years at least). Becoming succesfull with music might be something that's not right now. I am confident that it can be succesfull though.
Old 2004-09-01, 20:12
Free. Free. Free. Free.

Hey man

Yeah I still write a lot, here and there. Nowadays I'm working on a cover for "The End Of This Chapter" by Sonata Arctica (Wonderful metal ballade) with a friend, he's doing guitars and voice, I'm doing the rest.
I'm also working on other stuff... Trying to try new shit out, new directions just to "expand my horizons"... It's pretty tough 'till I finally get my keyboard kicking in, but it's ok I guess.

I definitely write less, just waiting for the right equipment. Writing down notes with Reason is becoming a REAL drag.

Try this one though
http://stage.co.il/media/evyatarhalimi138517.mp3

It's something I worked on during one night... It's got a bit more ambient and electro stuff to it. Maybe you'd like it.

Writing with Reason and "enhancinf stuff" with Cubase might be pretty kewl, I know some people woh do that.
It's just that Cubase samples are SO much better... I have a friend who's got 2 GB of only French Horn samples... I heard the stuff he makes - you wouldn't believe it's computer generated.
Live.
Old 2004-09-02, 14:55
Neko

Where do you get samples from then? It's basicly a sequencer right? Does it come with sample packs?
Old 2004-09-02, 22:25
Free. Free. Free. Free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko
Where do you get samples from then? It's basicly a sequencer right? Does it come with sample packs?

Basically getting it from friends who... Get around, I dunno

It'su sually packs.
Some samples are also downloadable but I never found anything worth anything.
Live.
Old 2004-09-04, 15:09
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Twinsen
Basically getting it from friends who... Get around, I dunno

It'su sually packs.
Some samples are also downloadable but I never found anything worth anything.

I'd love some realistic samples, hopefully some float around suprnova.

Making music can only be done when you really feel like it, and feel lighthearted about it it seems to me. When I make a big deal of it I don't feel like it..It's like you should just get in there to jam a bit, and not to write because you 'need' to write once in a while.