Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2006-05-10, 21:23
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Did anyone play Paradise yet?
It's supposed to be one of the good new adventure games.
haven't seen it anywhere yet, first have to fix a hole in my pocket

I liked syberia, but syberia 2 was disappointing, so I wonder how this one will be
Old 2006-05-11, 00:01
formerly just angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
Phoenix Wright was on my list...

How long is it? Can you really shout "Objection!"?
It's not massive - maybe 10 hours at a stretch and yes you can indeed holler objection....or for that matter "hold it"
Old 2006-05-30, 11:04

Freedom Fighters
Recently I've played and completed Freedom Fighters. It's an interesting game, it's one of the many 3rd person semi-open-world action games.

For some "missions" there are multiple locations where you need to complete things, actually there are just multiple missions you can complete in any order. If you complete them in the right order it's much easier. For example, first complete the mission where you can stock up on C4, then do the mission with the helipad, then the electricity mission. And finally the other mission. Doing it in an other order might make it quite difficult.

While completing the missions you can earn points that allow you to recruit others to keep up with you. You can give those recruits commands to attack or something. I rarely used that feature, except for parts where I figured enemies would respawn.

The game is quite short, there are only 9 missions in total, including the first short tutorial mission. You can complete those missions in just a bit over 30 minutes. The in-game time that passes is 8 months, that was something that I didn't notice until the end sequence. It doesn't feel like 8 months have passed.

Also the save system is quite annoying, you can quick save at certain point, but you lose the quick saves when you exit the game. Real saves are only done when you move to a different location. When you return to a location everything is back to normal except for the completed tasks. You will also lose your recruits when you move to an other location. Because of this you could get into a very difficult position where you can only recruit a small number an have to face an enormous number of enemies.

TubeTwist
TubeTwist is an interesting game. I've only played the demo so far, but I really like it. It's one of those games where you have to deliver a ball from X to Y using various forms of tubes. It's like TIM except that you only have balls and tubes.

The game even has a story, not a very useful story but it kinda makes sense.

The demo only has 6 levels, the full game has 80. It took me some while to complete those 6. It's a great game to simply play when you have some spare time. The demo has one annoying bug and that is that it doesn't work very well with a multi monitor setup. If it's fixed in the full version I'm going to buy it.

Last edited by elmuerte; 2006-05-30 at 11:11.
Old 2006-05-30, 12:17
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
TubeTwist eh? I should try that..

Yesterday I finished BlackThorne (avatar). Pretty good game. It's more or less a futuristic version of Prince of Persia.

The day before yesterday I finished Trauma Center: Under The Knife on Nintendo DS. Nice game aswell but maybe a little short. You have to perform surgeries in this game. It starts with some easy ones where you have to remove glass from an arm and have to stitch the wounds and stuff but later on there will be some kind of disease which you have to fight and this is where you will get real enemies in the form of diseases. One of the first real games where you really need to use the touch screen.

Also finished Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (you'd start to think I don't have a life eh? ) about a week ago. It's not really as hard as it would seem. You can easily hide behind a rock or a building, fire a shot and have all the guards run up to you so you can shoot them one after another...

Also still playing Animal Crossing: Wild World daily. Digging up fossils, selling fruit to pay for my house, and buying furniture and stuff which I don't have in my catalog yet.

There's a lot of games I have still lying around here which I should start playing, I should do that during the holiday...
Old 2006-05-30, 13:08
Banned

Thumbs Up

Wonder Boy III and Sonic The Hedgehog on Sega Master System.
Old 2006-05-30, 18:50
Registered Schnitzel

Well, today I finished Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (I played the entire series consecutively).

It was awesome! The Dark Prince parts were cool (although not as cool as the Sand Wraith parts from Warrior Within), and I really liked the ending (it was just like I had expected).

The thing that bugged me was that that final boss was way too easy, and the sword&axe bosses in the middle were too damn hard...

Also, I had hoped that the last part ("the mental realm") would be quite different:
Spoiler:
I hoped the prince would become one with the Dark Prince, as a homage to the ending of the original Prince of Persia, where the prince has to unite with his mirror image.
Old 2006-05-30, 19:30
Internet Junkie

Last game I played was Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Truely the the pinnicle of HOMM games, but they all rock.
Old 2006-05-30, 20:27
Le Kuck qui rit

I'm playing RollerCoaster Tycoon (1) again with the Loopy landscapes pack and another addition pack. I'm quite addicted to it again

Old 2006-05-31, 01:05
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzel-Man
Well, today I finished Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (I played the entire series consecutively).

It was awesome! The Dark Prince parts were cool (although not as cool as the Sand Wraith parts from Warrior Within), and I really liked the ending (it was just like I had expected).

The thing that bugged me was that that final boss was way too easy, and the sword&axe bosses in the middle were too damn hard...

Also, I had hoped that the last part ("the mental realm") would be quite different:
Spoiler:
I hoped the prince would become one with the Dark Prince, as a homage to the ending of the original Prince of Persia, where the prince has to unite with his mirror image.

I hated the Warrior Within, it was boring for me, and the scenes with the Dafucka, ummmm, sorry I meant Dahaka were so booooaaaaring. I still need to try the new one, hope it will be better, more like sands of time.
Old 2006-05-31, 05:18
Magic Ball Master

Last games I've played (as of today) were MLB 2K6 for the PS2 and Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64.
Old 2006-05-31, 13:40
pioneer of the useless

been playing a lot of burnout 3 for PS2, tis a very good and long lasting game!

MAKE LBA3 HAPPEN!
Old 2006-05-31, 17:06
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
I hated the Warrior Within, it was boring for me, and the scenes with the Dafucka, ummmm, sorry I meant Dahaka were so booooaaaaring. I still need to try the new one, hope it will be better, more like sands of time.
It is much more like Sands story/atmosphere wise.

How could you say the Dahaka was boring though? I didnt like WW much overall, but those parts really got my heart raceing, and the black and white/monocrome style suited it so well.
Old 2006-06-01, 02:22
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
It is much more like Sands story/atmosphere wise.

How could you say the Dahaka was boring though? I didnt like WW much overall, but those parts really got my heart raceing, and the black and white/monocrome style suited it so well.
Well I hated those parts so much that I even gave him a nick name "Dafucka", they were repeating too often to me, and I hate running, If it was a boss to defeat, I would probably love it, but to run all over again? It was one of the few games I couldn't beat, it was so damn boring, I didn't feel any progress at all, it was so repeating. I passed that first tower thing, and then I just sort of played it fewer and fewer times and then I throw it away couse it was consuming usefull space.
Old 2006-06-01, 17:04
formerly just angry

Chibi Robo - The best thing out for GC for over a year - but it and love it!
Old 2006-06-01, 17:06
Member #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey
Chibi Robo - The best thing out for GC for over a year - but it and love it!
I'm thinking of getting it. Is it really good? It's a real Japanese game isn't it?
Old 2006-06-02, 01:18
formerly just angry

YEah - it's very soothing. If you like Harvest Moon (the good ones not the GC version) then you'll like this. My one regret is that I don't have enough time to play it. Gaming comes insmall 1/2 virtual day bursts and there's lots of cool and quirky features to explore. It's a lot of repetative labour but it is a huge amount of fun!
Old 2006-06-02, 12:13
Member #174

I should really order it... There's too many games I want at the moment..
Metroid Prime Hunters, Final Fantasy IV Advance, Chibi Robo, New Super Mario Bros and I also still need to get a PS2 with Katamari, etc.

Harvest Moon pwns! I even liked the GC version btw. I admit it's not like other Harvest Moons but I think the village is really beautiful and just walking around through it and enjoying the scenery is great.
Old 2006-06-02, 18:01
Little Bastard Warrior.

Okay, I bought Half-Life 2: Episode One today at about 13:00, give or take. It's now 17:00 and I'm done. That was totally not good it enough.
It was a good game, great game actually. I'll give it that. But it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short. People, DON'T BUY THIS YET! Wait till all three episodes have been released and play them all together, because I'm sure some kick-ass boxset will be released for half the price of all three together or something like that.

Sheesh that game was just too short.

Fuck you Valve. No way in hell is Episode One the same as Aftermath. You split Aftermath up into three episodes you fuckers, just to get more money!
Old 2006-06-02, 19:10

what's the price tag?

4 hours might sound short, but since this is 1/3rd of a game it would be a total of 12 hours.
Dreamfall wasn't that long either (ofcourse I wasn't very positive about that game.)
I'm currently playing Tube Twist and I've spend more than 4 hours on it already. Sometimes it's easier to solve the puzzles, but still... It had a price tag of $20 and I'm about halfway through. Sure, it's an indie game. But I've had a lot more fun with the few indie games I've bought than some AAA games.
Old 2006-06-02, 19:46
Banned

The Longest Journey (DVD)
Old 2006-06-02, 19:55
Father of Shoda

Just played icy tower, a quite simple game, just search on www.gewgle.com (google) u can download it, it is freeware, i just got to the clouds-level , i got 532 in combo-floors =P . after a while you get addicted to it, play it with ease...

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2006-06-02, 20:18
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
aah, icy tower, ive got to floor 362.
Old 2006-06-02, 20:25
Little Bastard Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte
what's the price tag?

4 hours might sound short, but since this is 1/3rd of a game it would be a total of 12 hours.
Dreamfall wasn't that long either (ofcourse I wasn't very positive about that game.)
I'm currently playing Tube Twist and I've spend more than 4 hours on it already. Sometimes it's easier to solve the puzzles, but still... It had a price tag of $20 and I'm about halfway through. Sure, it's an indie game. But I've had a lot more fun with the few indie games I've bought than some AAA games.
20$ on steam. That is, 20$ for americans. Plus taxers for me, but I bought it in the stores, because I like to be sure I actually physically own the game. So it came in at 180DKK
Old 2006-06-02, 20:37
Idyllic + whimsical

Now that I finished Dreamfall I think I'll start Metal Gear Solid 3 all over again and actually finish it this time.
Although I feel like going a bit arcade first and playing some VR missions in Substance. I also tried playing MGS3 at some random point after not playing for a long time, and I kept getting confused by the controls.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2006-06-03, 08:54
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I've finished the new Half-Life 2: Episode One since yesterday. It was quite an enjoyable adventure through City 17.

Tags
games, videogames