Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Old 2013-08-18, 04:14
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,737
He really uses them well....
They sound very convincing
__________________
"Mew mew" - cat
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2013-08-18, 13:19
Xerophthalmia Xerophthalmia is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Interesting. Talking about the LBA theme, does anyone have the notes, preferably guitar notes? I have found some in the forum, but they sounded a bit off.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2013-08-19, 03:52
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,304
There is a midi, with which you can then open in a music notation software. Here, I've attached it for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lbastheme.zip‎ (4.8 KB, 96 views)
__________________
Quote:
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Just a little seed, makes a big tree, Standing on its own, thriving all alone
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2013-08-19, 03:59
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,304
I've made even further research on the subject of Vachey's equipment and here is what I found from an interview:

Quote:
For LBA 1, I worked with an Atari, loaded with an old sequencer (Pro24) and midi samplers. I can say it's been quite complex with these kind of machines, to obtain what I was searching for. Often, the 24 tracks were full. A long studio session later, I got an approximation of the desired sound. It took too much time to approach the right sound in studio, and for some tracks, I consider today, it's still an approximation.

For LBA 2, I changed my gear, and started with a Mac, Cubase, SampleCell Cards and a couple of samplers. Finally, I had to change less stuff during the mixing session. In any case, I play each line on the keyboard, violins, altos, cellos, etc. I can keep control of everything, and balance note to note, expression to expression, and it becomes easier at the mix (or not!). Well, I'm afraid that's a standard way to work with sequencers.
He's a genius. <3
__________________
Quote:
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Just a little seed, makes a big tree, Standing on its own, thriving all alone
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2013-08-20, 00:00
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,737
Wheres that interview?

Yeah, pretty genius (but not a beethoven etc)
__________________
"Mew mew" - cat
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2013-08-20, 01:44
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,304
In his website.
__________________
Quote:
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Just a little seed, makes a big tree, Standing on its own, thriving all alone
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2013-08-21, 11:31
Xerophthalmia Xerophthalmia is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
There is a midi, with which you can then open in a music notation software. Here, I've attached it for you.
Thanks. What program would you suggest? Preferably a free one :-)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2013-08-21, 15:33
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,304
You can evaluate Guitar Pro for 30 days...
__________________
Quote:
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Just a little seed, makes a big tree, Standing on its own, thriving all alone
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2013-08-22, 14:34
leoboe's Avatar
leoboe leoboe is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerophthalmia View Post
Thanks. What program would you suggest? Preferably a free one :-)
Try it with MuseScore
It should do the job and is a pretty good notation-software (and freeware as well)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2021-01-19, 19:48
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I've made even further research on the subject of Vachey's equipment and here is what I found from an interview:

Quote:
For LBA 1, I worked with an Atari, loaded with an old sequencer (Pro24) and midi samplers. I can say it's been quite complex with these kind of machines, to obtain what I was searching for. Often, the 24 tracks were full. A long studio session later, I got an approximation of the desired sound. It took too much time to approach the right sound in studio, and for some tracks, I consider today, it's still an approximation.

For LBA 2, I changed my gear, and started with a Mac, Cubase, SampleCell Cards and a couple of samplers. Finally, I had to change less stuff during the mixing session. In any case, I play each line on the keyboard, violins, altos, cellos, etc. I can keep control of everything, and balance note to note, expression to expression, and it becomes easier at the mix (or not!). Well, I'm afraid that's a standard way to work with sequencers.
He's a genius. <3
Bumping this post 'cos... those samples are still so amazing, and while listening to everything again I always notice new details!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2021-01-19, 19:52
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,737
yeah i would love to have these same sample packs to be honest!
__________________
"Mew mew" - cat
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2021-01-19, 19:53
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,737
especially the what is it...deep bass string sound in zeelich
__________________
"Mew mew" - cat
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2021-01-19, 23:15
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,983
Sounds like a double bass... I think the weird feel that comes with it is that atonality he's playing with in the first part.
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2021-01-20, 11:47
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,737
I miss some good double basses in the new recordings. or good cello's, powerfull string action is rare
__________________
"Mew mew" - cat
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2021-01-20, 15:30
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,983
Powerful anything is rare in the new recordings, just listen to 1:25 on the music box track, there is clearly a build to some explosion, yet it completely falls flat...
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 2021-01-20, 16:46
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Powerful anything is rare in the new recordings
YES.
yes yes yes.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 2021-01-20, 17:15
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,304
I was expecting something with quality and detail like this (this is from the movie August Rush):


Listen to the intro around 1:00 how you really get a feel of all the instruments... and then around 4:20 for example how powerful sounding are those cellos with the whole ensemble.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JR's theme (wrestlefest theme) Neko Fan Music 10 2013-06-27 18:26
which theme looks better? lba07 Off topic 6 2007-10-08 23:45
MBN new theme ChaosFish The site and forum 13 2007-01-07 15:57
Instruments ? Simon Off topic 37 2004-03-20 05:28
What instruments do you play? Evil-Twinsen Off topic 43 2002-06-08 10:35


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:00.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network