Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Twinsuniverse The Twinsuniverse is a knowledge base about the LBA universe. All discussions go in here.

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-28, 17:32
Master of Degree

It's like saying the physics and chemistry are outside of our universe, that is made solely of experience . There is no imposed borderline between those two universes, but you can put one wherever you wish. For a game though there is a borderline - where creators have put it. But there you can ignore or move it, which you are already doing.

So as I said, it's up to you. I don't even want it eagerly. That was just an idea
Old 2012-10-28, 18:00
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
It's like saying the physics and chemistry are outside of our universe, that is made solely of experience . There is no imposed borderline between those two universes, but you can put one wherever you wish.
I don't quite understand what you're saying here.
At least this is what I mean:

I differentiate between the real life universe we live in, and the fictitious universe Twinsen lives in. The latter has nothing to do with the CDs we put in our computer, no matter what one might think. And originally, Twinsuniverse is all about the universe Twinsen lives in. This is a direct consequence of the Twinsunica. So it doesn't know of computer games or CDs, it doesn't know LBAwin, it doesn't know dosbox. But it does know all about Twinsun and Zeelich, and their inhabitants.

But I've made a decision. From now on, "Twinsuniverse" applies to both the "universe" within the games themselves, and anything real life related concerning the games outside of that fictitious universe. This is to be able to add additional namespaces to it in the future, like your file info, software packages, how to setup the games on different platforms or newer systems.

However, I want to make a very clear line between the different scopes on the Twinsuniverse. I want to make it very clear how text should be phrased in different places, so to keep real world stuff from in-game stuff.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2012-10-28, 20:44
Magic Ball Master

Both of you are seeing Fringe too much

I agree having Twinsuniverse with a bigger scope than Twinsunica. I would prefer to see everything about the games there, story-related, technical, trivia, etc.. If we correctly organize the project everything can fit together.

I'm imagine seeing a story-related location description and have an option to view technical detail information about that location.
Taking the example of known bugs, it will be amazing to have bug description linked to the technical scene the bug is produced. We can even patch that scene to fix the bug and let people download it.

There was always a weak point on this community and it is the fact that most of the LBA related information is spread in many places. Most of us had websites back than, some still active, others were shut-down and content loosed, I think we have a great chance here to do the things right and merge all the content wisely.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-10-28, 21:01
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Absolutely my thoughts indeed.

The first moment when I really experienced myself everything is so spreadout, was when Lt.Demolition and I were arguing about what solves the Money-Monkey Bug a few weeks ago. We thought we had solved the thing a long time ago, but forgot how and now it's unsolved once again. We just can't get the overview of anything anymore. So many different runthroughs to figure it out, everyone with different solutions. Suddenly it snapped, and I said, this and no more, and now I'm doing what no one else did, and what should have been done a long time ago.

Merge everything MBN into one info base, and heck, lets increase the scope even more. Why not use it as the overall repository of images and icons and all media with their related history for the entire MBN website aswell? Once we do this, I write history. We write history.

*Edit:
Let's not forget to improve this website along with it, to integrate the Twinsuniverse with the website, as was done with the forums a long time ago. This would introduce a new level of history to the frontwebsite.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2012-10-29, 08:29
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Both of you are seeing Fringe too much
Never heard of it

Thanks J for your consent. All together we will change the World (even if it's only LBA World)
Old 2012-10-29, 10:45
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Now then, lets continue to import the Twinsunica.

Hmm wait, why did I choose to start anew again?

Old 2012-10-30, 00:25
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Is the name really that important? It's just the content what really matters. I realize it's better that it has a good name, but it doesn't matter if the name is not exactly accurate. I like Twinsuniverse but it could be any name really.

That thing you said last is what I was thinking... Whay are we starting a new one instead of continuing the Twinsunica or something like that?
Old 2012-10-30, 00:29
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I think, because - no screw it, I don't know.
All of Twinsunica will have to be refactored anyway, and rewritten to reflect the new name and scope. I'm not sure, but it might take the same amout of time and efford. Do note I'm already utilizing the built in feature to export and import, which is pretty darn badass.

While I'm currently spending time on rewriting meta pages, real content pages won't take as much time. I guess it'd be a matter of changing the template once, and filling in some more parameters in the articles where known.

Closed Thread