Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Creations - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Creations - General The place for the creative LBA fans.

Old 2020-12-22, 22:28
Magic Ball Master

Can't wait for more updates, excited to see that new cut!!
But first, be safe, hope you are not having any symptoms and you can recover quickly.

Happy Holidays!!

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2020-12-23, 00:09
Magic Level: Red Ball

Thanks, man! Likewise ; )
Old 2021-03-20, 19:57

Hi everyone

My stuff finally arrived! The vinyl record made the biggest impression on me, a lovely cover, with a beautiful drawing inside and good quality. As soon as I saw Sendells medallion, I had to put it on ; )
Although many people have mixed feelings about the new music, I like it. Too bad not all songs have been reworked. I wonder how 'Honey Bee' or 'Song of Gabriel' would sound in the new album.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LBA album.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	10350

I'm still working on the movie. And while there is still a lot to do, I feel like I'm getting to the end. At the current pace of work, I should finish in 3 months. Then there will be corrections and work on the sound and music. I've recently been working on a sequence that won't end up in a movie. It was a difficult decision because it is my favourite scene in the film, but unfortunately, it does not fit the whole picture. It's a bit too long, and it slows down the pace of the movie a lot. I often delete single shots, but this was a sequence (although not finished). Not everything I do and render will be in the movie, but deleting a scene is not always an easy decision. Maybe in the future, I will show some of the removed clips and sequences.

On May 29/30, LBA2 celebrates its 24th birthday. Once again, Phreak is organizing an event with the LBA series as the central theme. Fans from many countries will show their projects, share the creative process. I recommend anyone interested to have a look.
LBA2 event schedule: https://lbabirthdayevent.xesf.net/ (it's safe)
If anyone would like to take part in the event: https://discord.com/channels/6830331...33120538099769

Due to the upcoming event, I'll make another teaser. You will be able to watch it during the event or later on YouTube. I will share the link here
Old 2021-03-21, 10:10
Magic Ball Master

Love the symphonic set. I receive mine this week too.
The music box is just that cherry on top of the cake!!
I'm with you, I am missing the Honey Bee and specially Song of Gabriel, but overall very pleased with the results.

Exited to watch whats coming for the event!
Keep up the good work.

Old 2021-05-23, 11:32

Trailer next Sunday. You can watch it on Phreak's stream (11:00 UTC). It will also be available on youtube later : )
Old 2021-05-23, 12:27
Magic Ball Master

Awesome!!! Looking forward to see it.

Old 2021-05-23, 18:43

Thanks, man! Hope you'll like it ; )
I am looking forward to your (LBA2 remake team) stream!
Old 2021-05-30, 21:11

As promised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqAcwucztE
Old 2021-05-31, 23:07
Magic Ball Master

The quality of it is so Professional, totally AAA quality!!

The fight scene is jaw opening with that lightning, wow!!

Old 2021-06-02, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by xesf View Post
The quality of it is so Professional, totally AAA quality!!

The fight scene is jaw opening with that lightning, wow!!
Oh, thank you
Old 2021-10-10, 19:33

my 100th post

For the last two years, in June and October, we celebrated the birthday of LBA games, hosted by a great LBA fan: Phreak. On each of these occasions, I edited a movie trailer. I planned to cut another trailer for this weekend, but I decided not to post anything new since the whole event was unfortunately cancelled.
I have decided that the next trailer I make will be the last one. And it will contain the release date of the film. I'm not sure exactly when the movie will come out, so I'll wait with the trailer.
However, I don't want to go entirely indifferent for LBA's birthday, so I thought I'd share some information and briefly describe in what phase of production is the film.

Without stretching, I'll get straight to the point; the movie is FINISHED. That's right Over two months ago, I finished the first complete cut of the film. As always, in such moments, there are mixed feelings. Not everything is as I'd like it to be, but my first impression was more positive than negative. It's always a fascinating experience (and also slightly stressful) to finally see something that until now was just an idea written on paper.

As for the film itself, I initially assumed it would be 12-15 minutes long. Well, it's much, much longer. Some scenes work together well; some need to be corrected, some shots must be removed etc. I hope that the corrections I make will positively affect the film. I can show you the first cut of the movie in the future if anyone is interested.
Why is the movie not on YouTube yet? I work on the film mainly on Sundays, sometimes in the evenings during the week, that's why it takes so long to apply corrections, but the most important thing is that the work is moving forward. In addition, not everything went as expected, but this is also the charm of working on such projects.
Someone asked me once why I'm making a movie based on LBA2 instead of LBA. Good question! It's a long story, and it'd take a lot to write why this particular scene, this specific fragment of the game. Maybe I will say more on this topic with time, but I will try to write it briefly and give only one reason for now. At the end of LBA, Twinsen battles with Funfrock's clones, and I didn't want to make a movie fight between Twinsen and the Funfrock's clone. I didn't feel that this fight would carry any emotional weight when WE KNOW Twinsen battles a clone. So in my film, Twinsen fights the real Funfrock. I hope that makes sense Perhaps in LBA2, our hero defeats only the clones, but we don't know that for sure. Who knows, maybe FF will be back in LBA3 (it looks pretty likely to me). Time will tell.

I want to refer to the recent, fantastic news. Like most fans, I am very excited about the new 2.21 project, and I hope it will be LBA3. I wish them all the best
Old 2021-10-11, 13:43
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Don't feel pressured to publish an unfinished cut of your movie
I will glady wait to see your final version!
So take your time!
(though remember that we are not immortal haha! #lba3)
Old 2021-10-11, 18:47
Magic Level: Green Ball

Go Rob go!
Old 2021-10-11, 19:33
Magic Ball Master

Your timing is perfect!!!
With a new game of the series coming up, this movie will raise the bar on what's expected to be the game cutscenes. (no pressure 2.21)
The teaser was amazing, so I know the end result will be awesome.

Old 2021-10-17, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hin View Post
Don't feel pressured to publish an unfinished cut of your movie
I will glady wait to see your final version!
So take your time!
(though remember that we are not immortal haha! #lba3)
No worries you will surely see this movie in your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliavot View Post
Go Rob go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xesf View Post
Your timing is perfect!!!
With a new game of the series coming up, this movie will raise the bar on what's expected to be the game cutscenes. (no pressure 2.21)
The teaser was amazing, so I know the end result will be awesome.
The quality of the movie (models, textures, animation etc.) leaves a lot to be desired; 2.21 will do so MUCH better! Thanks for your kind words