Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-12-13, 21:06
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Lba 2006

Ok , now , waiting for some updated versions of some LBA Architect , Scene Editor and others , I am currently makind some islands , which , putted together in 2006 , will be a new LBA , using LBA 1 & 2 engine ..... call it LBA 06 if u like as a project name ......... anyway , if u guys know how to edit rooms and islands and have ideas , I'll be happy if u'll consider working with me .... See u soon ! Bye !!!!!!!!!!!!
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2005-12-13, 21:11
weee

--> LBA Modifications

This is a great idea, I've been waiting for someone to create something like that (other than the big project LBA1 Prequel).

Looking forward for any news!
Old 2005-12-13, 21:44
Twinsunian Quetch

hey , chaosfish , do u still have lba 1/2 installed ??? if yes , give me a reply and i'll fill u up ... See ya !
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2005-12-13, 21:46
weee

Why don't you just fill me up in this thread?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who cares about that
Old 2005-12-13, 22:14
Adventure Games Fan

Send a message via MSN to arkhan
I had also thought of begining this kind of project too... I wanted to build a new (little) world where Twinsen, Zoe and their son Arthur could do some activities, different from what they've done so far. Unfortunately, the main problem that prevented me to go on was my lack of technical skills. I'm not a coder, neither a graphist and it was difficult to learn both of them. Moreover at the moment I'm lacking somme time, that's why I dropped the project.

I was thinking of using an existing 3d engine to make the game called OGRE. It's an Open source engine that's really amazing and can do a lot of stuff in 3D displaying. But to use it, you have to know C++ perfectly well, because it's not a 3D game making engine, such as 3D gamestudio, it's just a 3D displaying engine. That's why you have to write code in C++ to make the game. But I think that could be a very good alternative to make a LBAish game.

If you want some ideas, I can provide you the one I had for my own project. They could be very entertaining if well integrated in a game, so don't mind asking.

And Quetch, I'm really eager to see what you've done!!!
Old 2005-12-13, 23:20
Twinsunian Quetch

sure man . get ready to be filled ..... .. well , arkhan , give me your ideas , i'll continue doing some more rooms , mix the story with yours and chaosfish ( and others who are interested ) , continue building the world , according to OUR lba story , and we'll soon have a LBA 3 Universe ... we will stay there wor a while , just with a free walking around the world , untill we'll figure out how to make an interactive world , with other characters and build missions , speech ( fun part : each of u will get to record at least one character's voice ) , and other things that will make the game fully playable ........ the sound is no problem , as I have some voices done allready ......
Well ......................... keep an eye on this thread , as I'll tell u guys how to help me editing , building , recording , etc.
See u soon ! BYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2005-12-13, 23:26

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Ah, I'll lable this is as "Sequal to LBA in Progress" #4532345.

Sorry for being so skeptic. Much luck with the project, but maybe you'd better team up with other fellahs on the forum who are also trying to do similar things?

I was almost positive there was a group here working on a game using LBA1/2's engine to create new places, etc...
Old 2005-12-13, 23:59
weee

There is such group, but if he feels like creating his own mod he shall do it.
Old 2005-12-14, 01:29

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Now you're saying as if I'm protesting the idea.
Old 2005-12-14, 05:18
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Everyone wants to lead, few to follow.
Old 2005-12-14, 08:32
Twinsunian Quetch

neah ..... it's cool ..... I just want to design my own LBA World and play in it , and as u saw above , in the future , create missions . I am not a part of a group , but trying to create one ... So if u r interested , join !
Old 2005-12-14, 09:34
Boobs!

I can't I'm already doing 3:

1. Lba1R (Coding and Website (Maybe))
2. LbaX (Website and Forum (Yes, a forum)
3. RMP (Music)
Old 2005-12-14, 11:15
Twinsunian Quetch

cool . anyway , check out my lba forum and page ( page is ugly .. not enough time ) ... well the forum is empty ... I've created it today , but I hope u guys will make it full
P.S. : in the signature :P
Old 2005-12-14, 11:57
Boobs!

Would you like me to help you with a little PHP coding for your site?
Old 2005-12-14, 12:10
Twinsunian Quetch

yep .... i'll apreciate it .... I can make really neat sites , but I didn't have a lot of time , so u would help me a lot .
P.S. post some messages and open some topics in the forum if u think u have something
Old 2005-12-14, 12:52
Boobs!

Sure! I'm going on hols for a week on saturday, I'll make something then!
Old 2005-12-14, 12:52
weee

wing: Didn't meant it to sound that way, just that I think creating more mods is a good thing... Zink/Yaz0r/Obras/Alex and other people worked so hard making LBA modding tools, so I think it'll be a waste to only use it for one mod.
Old 2005-12-14, 15:55
Twinsunian Quetch

it's a complete waste of time ... it's like instead of making a game , I first want to create my own computer ...
Old 2005-12-14, 18:34
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- ChaosFish: One mod?

Well... it's time I finally mention this one on the MBN then.

I'm working on a parallel game project on LBA 1 engine - it will be set between LBA 1 and LBA 2, it will start on Desert Island, and it will be called LBA: The Great Rebellion. I'm already making some grids for it. It won't have spoken dialogues (since I'm making it by myself, and I can't do all the voices), but still it will be fun to play.

Now, of course, my priority stays the LBA Prequel, but I'm working on The Great Rebellion at the same time. Not much progress for now, but there will be progress.

Expect in it new scenes, such as Tippett Island docks, Principal Island north, full Desert Island (with a military base which you start in), the inside of the Citadel Island lighthouse, etc.

But I won't give out the storyline yet.

- Quetch: Good luck with your project.

BTW, I registered at your forum. It looks really nice.
Old 2005-12-14, 18:45
weee

Obras - that's great!!

Now I got 3 LBA mods to look forward to
Old 2005-12-14, 20:12
Twinsunian Quetch

hey thanks sebz I understand u don't have voices .... I plan to have them in my project , as I started editing some allready .. ( and they work ) ... id u need help , just ask
Old 2005-12-14, 20:51
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Quetch: Check my response at your forum.
Old 2005-12-15, 13:20
Magic Ball Master

I share the Lightwing and Darkflame opinion.

For Quetch and Arkhan since the others knows more about the thing.
We are already making an LBA Prequel using LBA1 engine (and probably in future make it in LBA2 engine also).
Since this kind of projects are huge enought for the times we have currently to expend on then, I sugest that we must work only in one project the way we can see the day of light of that project. The thing is that we don't need just to spend time creating new places and rooms but we need to make a story and give it life with the currently things we have to do it, and isn't easy.
Other thing is that all project members need to have in mind some particular aspect how the engine work and how it will act in some aspects, for a better work, so we can't avoid this.

Some things about the LBA Prequel:
- We are making it in the time of Hégésippe because some inconsistencies with LBA3 that we need to avoid.
- The project are yet in a early stage but we already have something, few but something. We already have some quest,riddles and events on how the story in rolling, thats why I think, and continue thinking, we'll great if we work together in one and only project.

If anyone are interested in getting some more infos about it I can give it, since just members have access to the team forum.

As soon as I have time I'll reply again...

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website

Last edited by xesf; 2005-12-15 at 16:05.
Old 2005-12-16, 09:25
Twinsunian Quetch

sure.... one project ... I was talking about an idea to have one of mine ... if u allready have one in progress , I'll work with you ... anyway , I think we should ALL consider this and concentrate on 1 and only 1 project ... you , me , Obrasilio , Arkhan , ChaosFish , thehen , Sebz ......that is the only way of making a dream come true .
Old 2005-12-16, 14:06
Magic Ball Master

I was talking about an unique project because this is a huge thing to do, and if we join all work in only one, this could be better in one way, less time to do the things. The other way that isn't good is that people could make is own track in the project thing that we don't want.
Other things is that we're trying to collect people for especific things to do in the project and with logic for it and few the way we can organize the things well. I'm talking about it because you start collect people without a meaning for it and before know which work they could do to help the project .
We aren't yet making islands/places for the project because we don't know yet all the story and his events to do such thing. We only try somethings out, so we first trying to collect ideias and join it together to make a good and concise story in the time of Hégésippe to avoid the LBA3 story since we want to do a "real prequel"
I'll send you and Arkhan a PM about it.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website