Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: What do you think about XBox?
It 0wnz 4 23.53%
Its crap 13 76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-12-21, 14:29
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemona
Yea, ps2 is more for the casual gamer, but gamcube is for the Hardcore gamer..
I'm dying to stick a spear in your eye right now.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? What's so "hardcore" about GC?
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2002-12-21, 14:39
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Lucifer: Shenmue II is out for the Dreamcast too, I think.
Old 2002-12-21, 15:50
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by FireBall2K
I'm dying to stick a spear in your eye right now.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? What's so "hardcore" about GC?
Its hardcore because its purely a games mahcine, it dossn't pretend to be a multimedia-do-everything mahcine.
So people that buy Gc buy it purely for games, and they dont care about people thinking bright colours automaticaly makes a game "childish".
They only care about gameplay.
Also, GC games seem to be on avaerage much harder then other games. At least, the major ones.
Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball, Rogue Leader.
Are hard games, especialy compared with near-equivelents on other formats.
--
Of course, thats not to say you dont get Hardcore gamers on the Ps2/Xbox.
But the vaste majority of ps2 gamers are casual, they bought the ps2 because it was "cool".
Theres nothing wrong with causal gamers either, they pay for most of the games industary after all, HC's are in the minoritory.

Causal Gamers are good for the industary, unlike the people who are doing great harm to it:
Casual buyers

You know, the people that buy stuff purely for a brand.
Who wants to be a Millionaire,
Sim's Ad-on number 258940586,
Tomb Radiar 7,
ect ect.
=============

Lucifer- Not all those games are exclusive.

Halo, for instance is comming out on PC.

There exclusive for a period microsoft paid for, and then its upto the company if they want to release it elsewhere.
So, its hard to tell what will be "perminant" X-box exclusives at this time.
I mean, the popular games are sure to go to other formats if successfull. Then again, the best games arnt always the best salers, so some great Xbox games may stay exclusive just because it will cost to much to convert them.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2002-12-21 at 16:05.
Old 2002-12-21, 17:26
Still in a dream...

nicely put DF, although i think the gamecube SHOULD play DVD's................... but hey, nm. i like the fact that there are virtuaslly no loading times though.
Old 2002-12-21, 19:56
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
No, nintendo realized DVD players are not going to last long enough. They could have jumped on the DVD-hype bandwagon, but they didn't.
Seriously, withen a year, probably a bit less, no one will buy DVD Players.
DVD recorders, maybe, dvd players no.
So the Xbox/PS2 player function will be redunant, not to mention the fact the DVD format will be outdated in the next few years.
(much better formats have been developed, 150GB on one side of a disk, for example)
--
bah, I admit Im bias against DVD's, its a big con by hollywood.
They force this "region" system on the world, which should be illegal under fair trade laws.
Also, DVD's are more expensive then VHS...there is NO reason for this, DVDs are FAR cheaper to make.
Old 2002-12-21, 20:26
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by /LUkAS\
It was included in the list by accident...

Zelda- I've played it and its not very good.
Metroid- Never heard of it so it must be crap
Mario- Bit damn obvious, eh?

LBA is not like mario btw
lol

hahahhahah!

OMG, this is great. You're judging 3 of the best franchises of all time and saying they are crap because you either haven't played them...

DF already showed how little you know, since most of the "great" X-Box games are either ported, being ported, or something like that.

The HD is a great idea.

And if you haven't heard of Metroid and never played ANY Zelda, then sorry, you can't consider yourself a gamer.

You're reasons are completely objective and opinionated, need I say more?

GCN/PS2 0wns j00!
Old 2002-12-21, 20:28
Still in a dream...

or you can get DivX which is even cheaper - FREE

yea, but come on, you cant really decide whats bettwer between gamecube and ps2, cos they have different games. PS2 games appeal to me more than Gamecube because its more of what i like, eg, final fantasy (RAAAAA COME ON ! ), devil may cry, Gradn theft auto, etc, but i admit gamecube has some good games. Super Monkey ball is GREAT!!!!
Old 2002-12-21, 20:32
Magic Ball Master

And another thing, you hahaha had to shell out $$$ to access the X-Box's DVD function, while my PS2 had it right out of the box.

I am not a fanboy, but I am a hardcore gamer since '87 when I first heard about the Big N, and if you'll read other threads I am an old-skool gamer just liek DF (I.e. the "Oath to Order" thread, etc.)
Old 2002-12-21, 20:35
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemona

yea, but come on, you cant really decide whats bettwer between gamecube and ps2, cos they have different games. PS2 games appeal to me more than Gamecube because its more of what i like, eg, final fantasy (RAAAAA COME ON ! ), devil may cry, Gradn theft auto, etc, but i admit gamecube has some good games. Super Monkey ball is GREAT!!!!
Threads like this are stupid because they are opinionated and the sole purpose in buying a console is because:

I will blow (insert amount of $$$ here) dollars for (insert console here) because it gives me great (insert console function here), excellent (insert hardware/software interaction capability here), and awesome (insert list of 3-5 games here).

Let's note: please reply only if you have a RELEVANT argument as to why your console is good/bad, not "X-BOX 0wns j00 cause Mario is kiddie."
Old 2002-12-21, 20:40

Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Quote:

Zelda- I've played it and its not very good.

What a strange way to think:
Quote:
First tell me whats so kiddy about mario?
Quote:
Your'e right, LBA is much more kiddier
Quote:
Old 2002-12-21, 20:47
Magic Ball Master

Metroid is a classic, and if Lukas doesn't know, then he is either a.) gaming illiterate b.) this generation of consoles is his first console
Old 2002-12-21, 22:03
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via ICQ to /LUkAS\
Lucifer: Shenmue II on XBox..? WEEEEEEEE! I had Shemnue I on dreamcast and it 0wnz.
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J:
And another thing, you hahaha had to shell out $$$ to access the X-Box's DVD function, while my PS2 had it right out of the box.
Please don't tell me you can't afford an extra $25 for an infra red remote and such.
---
lmao, DVD is a new thing, its not gonna get outdated anywhere soon
---
I agree, Double-J, what console you buy depends on what tastes YOU like, not anyone else... Why did I make this thread???

Btw, I don't like arguing people...

[b]With Windows XP on the net is the same as a car parked in a bad part of the town, doors unlocked, the key in the ignition and a Post-It on the dash saying, "Please don't steal this."b]

Last edited by /LUkAS\; 2002-12-21 at 22:26.
Old 2002-12-21, 23:26
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
bah, I admit Im bias against DVD's, its a big con by hollywood.
They force this "region" system on the world, which should be illegal under fair trade laws.
No one actually is bothered by that. Any fool gets some kind of multizone thingy.
The DVD on my PC and laptop has zone killer.
The "normal" DVD we bought had instructions inside how to make it multizone
Only my PS2 is (probably, never checked) not multizone, and I can live with that.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2002-12-22, 03:58
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Lukas never wanted any fight, but I can understand why people are upset. Lukas is clearly a Microsoft fanboy, and lots of the things he has said is plain stupid (About Zelda and Metroid and Mario, and about the kiddyness, and the games he listed)
Old 2002-12-22, 10:24
I may LOOK innocent

When my bro and I could buy a console, we would choose between Xbox and GC. Eventually, we choose the GC, coz we are huge fans of (the) Mario(family) and Zelda, but they were very close. If you say even one console is crap, you are one big (..........). They are mend to bring some fun in your life (and to let the makers get cash). That YOU don't LIKE the games for it, doesn't mean they ARE bad. There are quite a few Xbox games I like and there are quite a few GC games I would send back to hell if I knew the adress.
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2002-12-22, 12:03
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via ICQ to /LUkAS\
Ok, guys, I chose a bad topic for this thread, saying XBox rules and GC dosn't... Its one's own opinion about which one they buy becuase both GC and XBox have different games.

[b]With Windows XP on the net is the same as a car parked in a bad part of the town, doors unlocked, the key in the ignition and a Post-It on the dash saying, "Please don't steal this."b]
Old 2002-12-22, 12:15
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinsal
When my bro and I could buy a console, we would choose between Xbox and GC. Eventually, we choose the GC, coz we are huge fans of (the) Mario(family) and Zelda, but they were very close. If you say even one console is crap, you are one big (..........). They are mend to bring some fun in your life (and to let the makers get cash). That YOU don't LIKE the games for it, doesn't mean they ARE bad. There are quite a few Xbox games I like and there are quite a few GC games I would send back to hell if I knew the adress.
WTF?!??!!? NO NO NO You're wrong. XBOX costs a fortune. And most of its games are either on Gamecube, PS2 or PC now. Microsoft are releasing XBOX 2 soon, and thats far too early....... Thats gonna piss off customers. Gamecube is for the hardcore gamer. XBOX is for idiots really. the controller sucks ass >> yes, even the small one << and besides, gamecube is better. its all about games im afraid.

END OF!!!
Old 2002-12-22, 13:16
ffffff

I just thought i'd butt in here -

All three of them are really good machines though with exellent games. Its the games that count. Why argue???

Hardcore gamers? Game consoles are NOT hardcore. All game consoles are casual. It's how you play is what makes you a hardcore gamer.

One last thing - I could beat the pants off anyone here at JGRF.
So ha! Gum rules!
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2002-12-22, 13:24
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally posted by ShootTheCactus
I just thought i'd butt in here -

All three of them are really good machines though with exellent games. Its the games that count. Why argue???

Hardcore gamers? Game consoles are NOT hardcore. All game consoles are casual. It's how you play is what makes you a hardcore gamer.

One last thing - I could beat the pants off anyone here at JGRF.
So ha! Gum rules!

sorry but thats RUBBISH!!!! 1stly i think it does depend on the
machine. controllers for example are very important! then we move on to speed of console. and disc type.
PS2 has technically more potential than gamecube cos it uses dvd's which hold 4gb of data, while gamecube holds only 1.5 gb. BUT, gcn has virtually no loading times, and has better games. but xbox sucks. why? becuase all the games are either ported to other consoles or are on PC. all the exclusive games suck ass. in GAME why do you think 90% of the pre-owned section is XBOX?
Old 2002-12-22, 14:38
Classic

Quote:
Ok, guys, I chose a bad topic for this thread, saying XBox rules and GC dosn't... Its one's own opinion about which one they buy becuase both GC and XBox have different games.
But the thing is...they dont.
75% or so of Xbox games are comming out on Gamecube, or have already come out.
Most of the games they share.

Quote:
No one actually is bothered by that. Any fool gets some kind of multizone thingy.
The DVD on my PC and laptop has zone killer.
The "normal" DVD we bought had instructions inside how to make it multizone
Only my PS2 is (probably, never checked) not multizone, and I can live with that.
Thats not the point
It bothers me that they tried
And it bothers me more, they are pressing for multizone players to be illegal.
And it worries me further that sky advertsers are pressurising DVD recorder makers to record to force the adverts to be recorded.

Quote:
If you say even one console is crap, you are one big (..........). They
Not at all, I have labeled VERY good reasons why the Xbox, as a console in itself is crap.
Read up and argue with the points, there were all directed at the console, not its games.
As Ive said before, its got good games, its just that almost all of them are also on other formats.

Quote:
Please don't tell me you can't afford an extra $25 for an infra red remote and such.
---
lmao, DVD is a new thing, its not gonna get outdated anywhere soon
Please dont tell me Mircosoft cant afford $25 to include it with the console
Heck, the point is you shouldnt NEED that remote to play DVDs at all. Its just a remote.
Unfortuntly microsoft locked the DVD feature out so you cant get it to work without the remote. This just shows microsoft are gready shits.
Oh, but Sony isn't excused completely here. You still have to get a freelling multitap for their console.
-----
Yes, it will be.
The clue is in the name "DVD Player"
DVD Recorders are currently £490 or so.
Judging by how the price of DVD players fell over the last few years, its safe to say DVD recorders will be £100 by the end of this comming year.
Furthermore, there are a few new types of disk that are amost completely developed.
57GB disks, 120GB disks.
These are likely to come out within a year or two, probably has "hybred" units (120GB disk player,normal DVD recorder).
Either way, no one will bother using the PS2/Xbox as a DVD player.....I mean who on earth would bother using a VHS
player today???
Old 2002-12-22, 14:44
Still in a dream...

Well said DF, but i think a VHS is still good. They are much cheaper than DVD's, and the quality is nearly the same.

Yes, I also think DVD's are soon gonna be out. Eg, they already have 200GB hard drives which are the size of 3 CD's on top of eachother. The company that triumphs, I think, will be the one which manages to create a single chip which can be implanted into anything to make the system work. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but it will happen.
Old 2002-12-22, 16:23
I may LOOK innocent

Pandemona> hmm, well that's the way you see it, but I don't consider Xbox that bad or just bad.

I wonder why PS2 is so proud about it's third place?

Can anyone help me btw? I let my bro play Golden Sun on the GBA for a while yesterday, and now he's addicted and refuses to give them back. And I can't use violence coz it might break my property.
And why's that?
Old 2002-12-22, 16:41
ffffff

Twinsal - Blackmail works well. Or fire.

Pandemona - Speed, discspace, ect. In the end it's the game that counts. Who cares about having to wait an extra 10 seconds for the damned game to load? Or if the graffics are slightly better? Or if the controler is a bit bigger (although the X-box's is quite annoying after a while)

Am I the only person here who has all THREE consoles?
Well, actually four... the dreamcast.
And a gameboy colour and a Gameboy advance (and the old game boy, too.)
And uhh.... two PC's and a laptop...

Dont get me started...
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2002-12-22, 16:44
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by ShootTheCactus
Dont get me started...
We didn't
----
Anyway, be proud that you can afford all next-gen consoles. Most of the people here don't have that kind of money.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2002-12-22, 16:45
I may LOOK innocent

STC>Do you parents really fall for the sad puppy dog look?
And why's that?