Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: What do you think about XBox?
It 0wnz 4 23.53%
Its crap 13 76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-12-23, 00:22
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
ok, this is slightly irrelivent, but anyone interested in chipsets should spot the difference:

Xbox:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xboxguts.jpg‎
Views:	111
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1680  
Old 2002-12-23, 00:27
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Gamecube :

A weee bit neater hu?
Old 2002-12-23, 00:35
Lauren...

And the love for Nintendo groes stronger and stronger...

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2002-12-23, 00:35
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by StarmanDX
Lukas, shut up.
You say "Ohhh, I wasn't looking for a fight"... then why did you make a topic saying "OMG XBOX ROOLS UR ASS"??
On a forum that is predominately anti-XBox?
Come on.

And you don't back up your arguments.
You say "MARIO IS SO KIDDY"

...And you HAVE NEVER PLAYED IT.

Idiot.

Hate "kiddy" games? Then get off this board. LBA is about as "kiddy" as they come.
Uh-oh, you made a valid argument. Now a.) someone will write a long, drawn out explanation about why they made/participated in the thread and b.) Twinsal will kill you, and/or tell you to shut up.

All hail Starman, for saying what I think we all wanted to but didn't say!
Old 2002-12-23, 13:32
Idyllic + whimsical

Darkflame, not that I like X-Box so much, but the last argument was useless. It's not like I'm going to open the X-Box/GC and play around with the pieces.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2002-12-23, 13:56
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via ICQ to /LUkAS\
Ok, we've seen the pictures, and we've all seen THE GAMECUBE IS MADE OF SHIT. Anyone can see the XBox has more quality components by just glancing at your picture.

Each console costs nintendo about $10 to make, its true!

If you want a fight people, I tried to be nice but Starman still tries to get an argument from me.

I told you people, ITS OPINION, and I don't know why you hate Microsoft, becuase that single company makes your computers work. If there was no M$, we would be stuck with flucking Linux. Just becuase M$ is bigger than your little family run buisnesses down the road.

And so what if it is a PC, its a pretty damn good PC for £300 ain't it...

A guy on #lba said one of the processors in the GC was as big as a pinhead, HAHAHAHAHAHA, nice try nintendo, try using a PROPER intel or AMD chip like the XBox, not just something you made yourself out of recycled batteries.

Go on, flame me, but if you want an argument, you can have one guys.
===
I'm not gonna reply to this thread anymore because it is getting out of hand. We don't want any more things happening like the ET and axx saga. If this thread continues to go bad, i'll delete it.

[b]With Windows XP on the net is the same as a car parked in a bad part of the town, doors unlocked, the key in the ignition and a Post-It on the dash saying, "Please don't steal this."b]

Last edited by /LUkAS\; 2002-12-23 at 14:07.
Old 2002-12-23, 14:17
ffffff

There stand two crowds - One group of Microsoft fans and another of Nintendo fans.
I stand alone in the middle with a flag that says 'Go Sega, Woo!'

Sega rules!

Yay!
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2002-12-23, 14:22
Still in a dream...

Thank you STC, SEGA DOES rule.

Heres what i think

XBOX PS2 GAMECUBE

ALL xbox games that are good are either on PC or other consoles.
Yes, even Halo and Splinter Cell are on/coming to PC.

Twinsal>> dont tell me to shut up. You completely contradicted yourself. "I LOVE XBOX BUT I BAUGHT GAMECUBE TEE HEE HEE" Sorry but that looks stupid :/
Old 2002-12-23, 14:38
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via ICQ to /LUkAS\
I agree with twinsal, stfu

[b]With Windows XP on the net is the same as a car parked in a bad part of the town, doors unlocked, the key in the ignition and a Post-It on the dash saying, "Please don't steal this."b]
Old 2002-12-23, 14:46
Classic

Quote:
Ok, we've seen the pictures, and we've all seen THE GAMECUBE IS MADE OF SHIT. Anyone can see the XBox has more quality components by just glancing at your picture.
ok, its clear you dont know much about circuits.
Those pictures show that every companant of the GC is spacificaly designed to work with others.
The Gamecube is cheaper to make because Nintendo spent a hell of a lot of money designing it.

Microsoft liesence compants from other companys.
They are good compants, Ive already said that.
But microsoft didnt design them, they just bought/liesenced them.
Because none of the Xbox compants are esigned to work together spacificaly, it is more vulerable to crash's, and the effiency of the compants are wasted.
eg.
The Gamecubes Ram chips can be accessed much faster because they are all on one single board.
The Xbox has more ram, but its slower to access it, because its not directly on board.
--
As I said, the picture where to show microsoft spent bugger all designing the console.
It made the Controll Pad and Case, it bought the rest.

Quote:
I told you people, ITS OPINION, and I don't know why you hate Microsoft, becuase that single company makes your computers work. If there was no M$, we would be stuck with flucking Linux. Just becuase M$ is bigger than your little family run buisnesses down the road.
Ive listed a hell of a lot of reasons why microsoft Xbox is shit, and NOT ONE of them was because microsoft is a big company.
I hate microsoft because they are a gready company, that are/will damage the console/games market.
Argue with points people make, dont argue with points people havn't!
--
btw, Linux is a far better OS then Windows.
If we had linux from the start, then it would be a perfect OS.
The problem is now that everything is made for windows, so very few things run on linix.
But that isn't Lunixs fault.
Linux is made for FREE by people who want to make the computers we use more stable and more effient.
These are generous people, working on an open-source operating system.

Quote:
Yes, it is indeed.
I said the componants are good.
Unlike you, im being honest and have expirence with both console. I know a lot about the chipsets, and I understand the techical side.
The Xboxs chips ARE more powerfull then the competitions, but unfortunatly all that raw power is wasted by ineffient pc-style design.
Its like having an F1 car and then attaching it to a truck.
Wasted power...
On the other hand, the GC's chips are less powerfull, but they are used more effiently.
The chip/ram/graphics all work together in unison. So it makes the most of it all.
In the end, the Xbox/Gamecube produce graphics that are about even.
The Gamecube seems better at Water/texture effects, and the Xbox seems better at long draw-distances.
------
All the stuff that makes PC's good, makes a console bad.
In a PC you have componants made by loads of different companys all trying to work together.
Its actualy quite amazing that this works at all, but it does.
Theres lots of bad things, pcs are unreliable,processing power is wasted, they produce a lot of heat, so they need big fans.
Now, all this dosn't really mater, because you got the 1 brillent thing about PC's:
Easy to upgrade!
But with a console...you dont upgrade...so...its a bit shit having pc design inside.
The Xbox would have been far more powerfull with custom made chipsets.
But why waste the money????
Microsoft just spent it all on advertsising instead.
Gready fucks.
And there releasing another Xbox 2004, giving it a lifespan of about 3 years.
Nintendo has said it will support the Gamecube for a total of 7 years.

7 years VS 3 years.

Which is the less gready company?

Quote:
A guy on #lba said one of the processors in the GC was as big as a pinhead, HAHAHAHAHAHA, nice try nintendo, try using a PROPER intel or AMD chip like the XBox, not just something you made yourself out of recycled batteries.
You make comments like the above, and then think your not starting an argument?
Gamecubes chip is made by IBM, btw
(IBM Power PC "Gekko" chip, which nintendo worked closely with IBM to customise).
---
It was the first copper chip used in a console too, meaning it requires far less power, and thus dosn't need a heavy fan.
Nintendo use new technology, not microsoft, who justs buys pre-made stuff from others.

And if Nintendo did make a pin-head chip, then that would be a great leap in technology, not something to laugh at.

======
Overall: If you want to stop an argument, stop talking shit.
That sounds harse, but you are.
I dont know where you get your information from, but almost every "fact" you have said has been wrong.
If you want a discusion about the pros/cons of the Xbox, then fine.
But stuff like "All Gamecube games are Kiddiess", and "try using a PROPER intel or AMD" just show how little knowledge you have of the consoles.
=====
FireBall2K - I said it was irrelivent, it was more for people interested in the chips.
Still, it shows microsoft spent little designing it.
Old 2002-12-23, 14:54
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by ShootTheCactus
There stand two crowds - One group of Microsoft fans and another of Nintendo fans.
I stand alone in the middle with a flag that says 'Go Sega, Woo!'

Sega rules!

Yay!
Sega does rule, Im an old school gamer.
I loved the time when it was Nintendo vs Sega.
The copetition between them produced some of the greatest games ever made.
I did support nintendo more, because I prefer "puzzle" type games to fast-acriony ones.
But I considered it a fair fight.
The companys tried to out-do the other by having better games, newer ideas ect.
Sega helped develope many of the ideas of mordern games alongside nintendo.
But today, alas, thanks to sony, and continued by microsoft, its all about Marketing.
Purswade the people that your console is "cool", and the other is "uncool".
Who cares about inovation when marketing can make sure people buy endless sequals
-sigh-
Old 2002-12-23, 14:56
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally posted by /LUkAS\
I agree with twinsal, stfu

OMFG!!! You hate gamecube so muc and she FUCKING BOUGHT IT!! ah whatever it really is like im talknig to a fucking chimp here//////
Old 2002-12-23, 15:04
Classic

You think?

Quote:
Old 2002-12-23, 15:05
ffffff

Darkflame made some good points.

Just because there is more 'stuff' (what a technical word!) in the X-box doesn't mean it's more powerful. The X-box is more spaced out making the whole thing bigger, whereas the GameCube is much more compact.

Not like i'm siding with anyone....

P.S. I like puzzle games, too. I've been gaming since I was four years old on my amega.

P.P.S. Nobody takes anybody seriously if they swear. You don't have to swear to make a point.

Quote:
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2002-12-23, 15:08
Lauren...

Yup, I like Sega, too. It's because of them Nintendo started to develop even greater games than they already did, just to compete with Sega.
A lot of good games date back to the Sega vs. Nintendo 'war'. It was so great. Aaaaaaaaaah, those were the days, sniff. At least Sega and Nintendo fought fair, by producing great (Sega and Nintendo only) games.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2002-12-23, 15:13
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
You think?

wow, a gorrila there

i just dont liek people making judgements before theyve played a game/console. i mean, i thought gamecube was shit till i played it. then i saw that it was good, but not better than ps2. i am still undecided between GCN and PS2
Old 2002-12-23, 15:13
ffffff

Yay, everyone seems to like Sega here!

Quote:
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
Old 2002-12-23, 17:41
Little Bastard Warrior.

Quote:
Originally posted by FireBall2K
Darkflame, not that I like X-Box so much, but the last argument was useless. It's not like I'm going to open the X-Box/GC and play around with the pieces.
i don't know man, me and my friends had a pretty good time back in third grade, opening a computer and trashing or remove all the litttle parts
Old 2002-12-23, 21:23
_

Send a message via AIM to Kat
Quote:
Zelda- I've played it and its not very good.
Metroid- Never heard of it so it must be crap

The Zelda comment makes me FURIOUS, but I can let it pass...

YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF METROID AND YOU DARE TO COMMENT ON VIDEO GAMES? And you assume that games you don't know are crap? What about Bangai-O or other Treasure games? They're known all around the world as one of the greatest 2D shooter developers, but since you have heard of them TEHY MUST SUK!!!111

You THINK graphics are important, don't you? Moron. I bet you haven't played an NES game, excluding emulation of such. Did you own an Atari? I don't think so. DON'T act all high and mighty in a gaming thread if you don't know yo' rootz.

Play Pitfall, Duckhunt, The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear (the first), Sonic the Hedgehog (first again), Phantasy Star I, Dragon Quest I, Vectorman, Toe Jam & Earl, Earthworm Jim, Starfox (the first), and all those other games you missed while you were in the cradle.

Did you get all that? Or did you miniscule attention span cause you to skip over those paragraphs? Gamers like you are KILLING the industry I've loved so much over the past fourteen years, and I mourn the passing of it. It's people like you that killed the hardware division of Sega, endorse crap licensed games, and care only about graphics.
Old 2002-12-23, 21:32
_

Send a message via AIM to Kat
Quote:
Originally posted by ShootTheCactus
Yay, everyone seems to like Sega here!
Ya see, that's because Sega makes awesome games! ^_^
Old 2002-12-23, 22:16
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberg-Ares
i don't know man, me and my friends had a pretty good time back in third grade, opening a computer and trashing or remove all the litttle parts
I take everything appart on general princples (If it arn't broke, brake it" )
Yup, Ive undone my Gamecube loads and loads of times, trying to figure out a way past the region lock out.
(I got 3 fecking PAL games I cant play because its an NTSC machine).
I can convert NTSC to JAP easily, but PAL seems to be much harder to do.
Amazingly, the Gamecube works fine dispite my "expirements" with the chipset
=====
Kat - Nice to have another Oldschool gamer on the boards
You should add Skyhawk to your list of NES games there, its awsume.
I still play duck hunt occasionaly
-
To be fair mind, its not enterly the casual buyers who killed Sega's hardware division.
Sega kinda released too many machines in too short a time, a lot of them fairly pointless.
By the time a decent maching finaly did come out (ie, the Dreamcast), most people had lost interest in Sega.
Part due to Sonys super-hype generated for the ps2, part due to distrust in Segas 10 or so failed machines.
Shame really.
The Dreamcast was a wonderfull machine, far suppiour to the ps2 in my view.
I mean, it wasn't as "powerfull", but it had much more important hardware inovations.
Old 2002-12-23, 22:32
Local Pro (haha :p)

Send a message via Yahoo to kaderoboy
Duckhunt, loved that game. Darkflame, do you still have the classic red Nintendo Gun (can't remember the official name), I think I got it free with my Duck Hunt copy. ^_^

Link 1: kaderoboy - Deviantart (changed) (Added 18/12/02)
Link 2: Darkflame - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 3: Fireball2k - Deviantart (Added 18/12/02)
Link 4: the_angry - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 5: Lightwing - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 6: StarmanDX - Deviantart (Added 18/12/02)
Link 7: Blissful - Deviantart (Added 19/12/02)
Link 8: Wacko - Deviantart (Added 20/12/02)
Link 9: Keds - Colourblindboy (Added 25/12/02)
Link 10: Keds - UK Manga Studios (Added 25/12/02)
Link 11: Firephoenix - Renderosity(Added 04/01/03)
Link 12: HomelessTarget- Deviantart (Added 04/01/03)

==] Featured gallery: Razorjak [==

Also please check my defunct Arty Wotsits Thread

- If you have an online art gallery please tell me and I'll post it here ^_^

- Kadero
Old 2002-12-23, 22:38
Classic

Yup, best console gun ever made!
Old 2002-12-23, 22:42
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via AIM to StarmanDX Send a message via MSN to StarmanDX
The DC lightgun is good.
Old 2002-12-23, 23:09
Magic Ball Master

Quote:

Each console costs nintendo about $10 to make, its true!

I told you people, ITS OPINION, and I don't know why you hate Microsoft, becuase that single company makes your computers work.
Obviously you know jack shit about the circuitry of the modern game console.

As DF already commented, the GCN's processor was developed by IBM...waitaminute...who are they again?

You are being hypocritical, because you are making it hostile by making false accusations when you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.

And for the record, I don't hate Microsoft. I liek Windows...but I am very disappointed in XP. And X-Box...well, I can understand that video games are a big business, and everybody wants to get a "piece of the pie", but the X-Box is not going to win in the end. Hell, the gaming capital of the world (Japan) bombed on the X-Box.

And I do pity you lukas...sure, let's say that the PS2 and GCN ARE CRAP (which they aren't). At least my piece of crap will last at least another 4 years of solid gaming, while you'll have to shell out another $300 for X-Box2 (which, I'm sure you already know, has been sent to developers/developing kits.) Bwahahahahah! LONGEVITY 0wns j00!