Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2003-12-31, 01:02
ooh ha ha!

The Year In Review: A Personal Account

With the end of the year right around the proverbial corner, I thought this would be an interesting idea and something I have yet to see on here.

The objective is simple: Explain some of the highs and, if you want, lows that have occurred in your life the past year. What happened in your life that sticks out like a sore thumb?

EDIT: NOT NECESSARILY YOUR LOVELIFE

January-February:
My girl dismissed me after months of struggling to keep it working, to keep her satisfied. I was standing there alone, naked, fragile, wondering what the fuck to do. Nothing was worthwhile, then Kent - Isola (and the fuck you-anthem Fuck You Lucy by Atmosphere) became my substitute, I think it more or less saved my life since I considered commiting suicide more than once. So I left her with her new boyfriend and isolated myself, gradually became more introverted, depressed and indifferent.

March-May:
During spring you often get in love, this year was no execption. I was falling more and more for a classmate (a transition-girl, sadly but true) and eventually I got her out to a cinema with some friends and I spoiled it - nothing happened. Then I introduced her to one of my best friends' and they got together behind my back, I was clueless, even my class knew before me which hurt like hell because I still felt for her and he was such a close person. So I stay away from them not to say anything foolish as I felt very confused about my own feelings.

June-July:
Because I had gone back to my old girl for comfort I stared to get emotions back and I eventually fell for her again, really desperatly, it must've been a fucking hard time for her. Oh well, I met this beautiful and just different girl at a party. I'm usually really lousy with girls but in a little drunk condition I took the oppertunity and we spent the most incredible night together (i.e. not as in sexual intercourse or bj) - this was my big turnpoint this year and things resolved just over a day and I forgot all about my old girl, my confusion, well basiclly all my problems. Then time slipped and I tried to get together with her the following days but no result. She promised me we'd go out as soon as she got back from her 2,5 month holiday in Australia. I was hopefull for once but things were going really slow otherwise.

August-October:
I went on some dates (in a true Colin Farrell-manner) by the time I was waiting on her to get back home. They went no good, either were they boring or I pissed them off - "do that, but I promise you'll get a bullet in the head", it cracks me up. She got back home, I phoned her for a date, everything went alright except she never showed up. I tried again some weeks later and the same procedure occured, this time with another excuse. I forgot about her and I was out drinking and partying alot during this time, it felt very irresponsible and liberating not to care about about a fucking single thing.

November-December:
Met another girl, it started off fine until a few days ago when she declared - "as if you'd care you fucking retard" and blocked me on MSN, haven't phoned her or trying to contact her since. I'm feeling - What the hell does it matter? I don't need to depend on anyone to be happy. If she wants to stay then stay, but if she don't; leave. I've got enough about bitching women and lies, at least I'm honest. Right now, I'm taking it easy and am just being an arrogant preck on everyday basis I assume.

Now your turn.

Last edited by Alchemist; 2003-12-31 at 02:15.
Old 2003-12-31, 01:14

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Dude forget chicks. They aren't worth all that. You should concentrate on something more important...like a future (aka, career, life, etc). After you settle in then you should worry about that crap.
Old 2003-12-31, 01:40
ooh ha ha!

Yeah, I've planned start living in celibat like a monk.

Next?
Old 2003-12-31, 01:58
Still in a dream...

(since Alche's post was about love lives/etc, I''ll include some boring details..)
January/February
Liked my best friend's girlfriend's best friend. We went cinema in a group once, she turned out to be a bitch, so I got put off her. What else happened? Had exams, ... hmm... thats about all there. Started playing more on my PC since my PS2 began fucking up. (Cheap shit) Also met someone who would have a considerable impact on my life. (Last person I would have expected at the time.)

March/May
Started to fall for another girl, wasn't quite sure how/whether it'd work out, but whatever, I guess thats a character flaw; not thinking before doing Erm. Coming close to end of the school year, Matrix Reloaded () erm.. not much else really.
Got ADSL..... 10 days later it fucked up and I couldn't use it (Fucking Tiscali)

June-July
Week-long camp, end of school, summer holiday, love life did peaked lol. Then like..... died afterwards. Completely abandoned my PC lol, played PS2 (when it randomly decided to work), went out, played football... etc.

August/October
Love life completely fucked up, didn't know which direction it was going. Seemed like it was going under. Took me a while to get over that summer romance thing. Got my ADSL back. Last year of compulsory school (although I'll carry on my education, I don't wanna have a immigrant job in McDonalds or street cleaning). Picked my A-Level options.... yeah, thats it really.

November/December
Got fucking fed up of my non-working PS2, so I took it apart and (resisting the urge to smash the fucker with a hammer) "fixed" it. CHRISTMAS! A very much deserved break, work (£240 I'll have earned for 6 days' painting), New YEAR! ..... not much else really. Had a bit of a disappointment around Christmas time(no not present related ), but whatever, life isn't life without pain/loss/disappointment.

Prospects for the new year? Well, I dunno, this ending year was probably one of the better of my life. What will next year bring? Only good things I hope We shall see

Last edited by Panda; 2003-12-31 at 03:23.
Old 2003-12-31, 02:01

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
My parents divorced. Before you start scoffing at how every kid has gone through it, i might tell you that none of my friends have divorced parents. I fucking hate it. Not only that they got lucky but also how they percieve me: with piety and curiosity. Like I'm a thing to be studied. And I have a step-dad so now they pry about it too. Like, "How many step-siblings do I have?" and most importantly:

"Where am I going on the weekend?"

WILL EVERYBODY STOP ASKING ME THAT!!! You know exactly where I'm going on the weekend: to see my dad. And everybody knows it and if they don't they can assume and if they can't they can mind their own buisness! But noooo, they just have to ask the freaking question and make me say it out-fucking loud so that everybody will know that my parents are divorced.
Old 2003-12-31, 03:09
Magic Ball Master

What a canny thread idea.

January - February
Can't remember much... seems so long ago. A pretty desolate time when fuck all happened. Everything just went on as normal. The Earth turned, everyone continued on like zombies. Fuck, I really have no recollection of what happened during these months. No memory at all. A hangover must have destroyed a few brain cells. Bleh.

March - April
Started to get closer to the girl I liked, before she dropped the bombshell that she already had a boyfriend. At least I didn't ask her out, or I would have felt like a right tosser. A friend also introduced me to a local Pool club, where we slowly but surely started to get addicted. A couple of days a week, we'd spend hours there, playing pool and having a laugh. Good times. AS Exams loomed on the horizon.

May - June
Turned 17 and didn't care at all. No longer considered as a child, but not yet an adult. Not the greatest age ever. I was also a bit concerned that I'd only had 1 disasterous relationship throughout my life... I'd been single for just under 2 years, while all my friends seem to be able to build relationships with ease. I didn't know if there was something wrong with me... AS exams started, and as I fucked up my first French exam, I realised that I hadn't revised half as much as I needed to. Fuck.

July - August
An unusually hot summer in England made the pollen count skyrocket, meanign that my Hay Fever was now worse than ever, confining me to indoors, as the drugs had little effect at stopping the rampant pollen. Slowly became an insomniac, as my constantly running nose kept me awake, and I soon became starved of sleep. Finished the AS Exams strongly with a good History exam. Journeyed over to Florida for a fortnight, which gave me some decent sleep because I didn't suffer from Hay Fever over there. Also got a visit from my Australian Aunt, who I hadn't seen in 3 years, whihc was nice. Bought a sweet new acoustic guitar which kept me amused, and helped progress my songwriting techniques. Also went under the surgeons knife to get a dodgy-potentially-dangerous mole removed. It was alright, but Mr Surgeron didn't seem to use the anathetic too well, and I could actually feel the pain as he stitched me back up after the op.

September - October
Fairly shit. Back to school and reality. Back to feeling pissed off about myself because I'm a fucking introvert who sets his standards far too high when it comes to everything: work, women, music etc. No wonder I constantly feel dissapointed with myself. Tore my thigh muscle while playing football, and couldn't participate in any sports for over a month.

November - December
The girl I like... (yes... I've liked her for a year and neverr told her how I feel... I'm shy) started coming on to me, but caught me on a bad day when I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Realised what a mistake I'd made a few days later, but it was too late by then. Haha... I don't really care anymore. I'd had enough of feeling sorry for myself, and decided to become more pro-active and positive, and I'm starting to become a better person because of it.

Fucked up my first driving test due to one insane bit of bad luck on the day. What the fuck was I supposed to when the bloody traffic lights weren't sodding working? Bah... next time. Christmas was pimpingly good, and got a freaking awesome new guitar which has driven my parents up the wall. Also went to my fave gig so far, and saw the legendary Radiohead, and also met an online friend in the process, which was interesting and fun.

Fin.

2004 should be a blast. Heheh.
Old 2003-12-31, 11:41
ooh ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemona
since Alche's post was about love lives/etc, I''ll include some boring details..
HEY!!

Keep it goin ladiez and hustlahs, itz ill gettin an insight yo.
Old 2003-12-31, 13:38
ffffff

Omg, girls are such fucking bitches...

Ok, I really woulda done this, but I CANNOT REMEMBER ANYTHING PAST NOVEMBER *DITZ*

My life, c'est nul.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2003-12-31, 14:15
Idyllic + whimsical

January - February
Can't think of anything special.

March - April
Met the person which is today appearantly the one who knows me most. Also realized I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

May - June
Got to know this person better, and the beginning of my Matrix utopia. Probably the current best time of my life.

July - August
Bad, bad time. I was bored to death in Finland half of the time, and then the remains of my holiday went to studying for the psychometric exam...also, I felt that ever since I returned from Finland I wasn't connecting so well to my friends.

September - October
Great improvment in social terms, but I realized at 12th grade how much I hate computers science. Did the psychometric test and got the highest grade in my surrounding, giving my ego a nice boost.

November - December
Everything that has a beginning has an end. The Matrix trilogy was over, and it was hard for me. Lots of moment of anger that changed later to moments of joy, lots of moments of joy that changed later to moments of anger, for various reasons, so I can't really decide how those 2 months were. At December I realized my really bad situation in math.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-12-31, 14:46
Neko

Woah you guys all remember those dates and stuff?

For me, It's been a good year and all, fun but it would be rather pointless to give it an index, how could a man write in words what has changed, why he does do things differently, when no one in his audience knows him.
Old 2003-12-31, 15:17
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko
Woah you guys all remember those dates and stuff?
I have this thing lately, that I remember dates of all kinds of events for some reason...
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-12-31, 15:22
ooh ha ha!

Quote:
Woah you guys all remember those dates and stuff?.
No.

Quote:
For me, It's been a good year and all, fun but it would be rather pointless to give it an index, how could a man write in words what has changed, why he does do things differently, when no one in his audience knows him.
To recite myself: Explain some of the highs and, if you want, lows that have occurred in your life the past year. What happened in your life that sticks out like a sore thumb?
Old 2003-12-31, 16:27
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
January - February

Cant remember much, was trying to get better grades in school. This was the end of a period for me, and the beginning of a new one... Nothing special, fell in love with a nice girlie, but i cant talk to girls i like, when im not drunk...

March - April

Very boring time, lots of tests, thou easy ones... havent got much to report...
Yeah, on the last of march: "valborg" i were drunk and i talk a bit to the girl i liked, she was pretty nice, did some other stuff that night that i dont want to talk about...

May - June

Did a huge Essa on Cuba, got highest grade (MVG) and was pretty happy... The school ended, the same night was a huge beach-party, so i was drunk, and spoke to the girl i like, came a bit closer to her. On "midsommarafton" i did some heavy drinking, not good...

July - August

not much, PDOL, piteå dansar och ler. The great festival of north sweden, saw In Flames, Stratovarius, Meduza, masterplan and some more... Got drunk, killed a few braincells, nothing special...

September - October

New school, pretty fun, thou i got 29 guys in my class, not a singel girl .
Have lots of nazis/patriots in my class, very lame ppl... Some new friends.

November - December

got my eyes open for some new girls, thou thorn between them... dont know what to do, pretty lame i guess...

Christmas... well, same as all years, i was happy, but nothing special...

well, thats all folks...
Old 2003-12-31, 23:25
I may LOOK innocent

I have no idea what all the dates were, but these are the
Ups:
past and now I'm in the fifth
I decided to learn Nipongo
Got this new pc and some cool anime
a lot of cool games were released like Zelda:TWW & Metroid Prime
Got some new friends

Downs:
This schoolyear started terrible. All languages are good, but the rest like math........(even though I worked hard)
Star had to go to the hospital
Got some new enemies (I don't quickly consider someone an enemy, you really have to be an asshole for that)
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2004-01-01, 16:49
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Jan - December:
Started out rea---lly crappy because of some girl. I didn't even like her that much, it was more like a...complex with myself...or something
Anyway, got over it, started enjoying life more and all that.
So it was a good year, I had LOADS of fun and met lots of new people.

Today:
Wondered how the hell are you people able to sort your entire memories of the year into months
Old 2004-01-01, 21:52
ooh ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Today:
Wondered how the hell are you people able to sort your entire memories of the year into months
The art of ballparking

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2004-01-01 at 22:27. Reason: fixed tag