Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2004-08-01, 03:58
the legend

Thumbs Up A game non-lba related but very cool anyway

Hi everyone!!

im making a game and i need some help:

1st- What is the game?

the game is being made in the miraculous AGS. The story is pretty secret and will only be shared to the ones that really want to help me and can do it.
Basically, its more-or-less like in the B2TF movie, a young guy goes to the past, in the same place where he lives, and the game shows the interaction of him (someone from our time) with the habitants of thousand years in the past.

The story goes in one of the Greek islands, Santorini. The game goes in one little island inside the island os Santorini. heh. And, the game name is 2500 b.C., which is the date that he goes back in time...

2nd- In what can I help?

- Concept art. I need artists that can draw landscapes, some people, and mainly get the picture of how was that time and place, and inspire me to create the game, and something like a storyboard, and you could even create part of the story

- Reference. I need people that can search, give me info about technical information of that time, like for example: Could they make steel objects in that time and location? Obviously not, cos i searched that already, but there are other stuff necessary. I dont know much about those islands (in fact, close to nothing) so i need info, and it would be great help if someone travelled there already

And thats all. The rest ill do myself. Ill do the Scripting, graphics, music.. a game fully mine, and im offering to someone who can help me to be in the credits too!

one important thing: if you dont really care, is a dumbass, or is just trying to get your name in the credits of a cool and big (and probably famous when i finish it) game, and will help me with almost nothing, then i dont need you.
second important thing:DONT post any art or help material here, PM me or email me. It is supposed to be confidencial until release. And before you ask: no, i wont put any screenshot. Screenshots will be only for the crew that will help me.

If you like my idea, and can help me, if you wish you can join me in my company

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-08-01, 13:34
Previously Link

wow, seems nice ! if i didn't have lba 1.5 to work on, i'd probably help...
Old 2004-08-01, 13:37
(The Same ol' MC)

Send a message via AIM to Hyper Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
Hi everyone!!

im making a game and i need some help:

1st- What is the game?

the game is being made in the miraculous AGS. The story is pretty secret and will only be shared to the ones that really want to help me and can do it.
Basically, its more-or-less like in the B2TF movie, a young guy goes to the past, in the same place where he lives, and the game shows the interaction of him (someone from our time) with the habitants of thousand years in the past.

The story goes in one of the Greek islands, Santorini. The game goes in one little island inside the island os Santorini. heh. And, the game name is 2500 b.C., which is the date that he goes back in time...

2nd- In what can I help?

- Concept art. I need artists that can draw landscapes, some people, and mainly get the picture of how was that time and place, and inspire me to create the game, and something like a storyboard, and you could even create part of the story

- Reference. I need people that can search, give me info about technical information of that time, like for example: Could they make steel objects in that time and location? Obviously not, cos i searched that already, but there are other stuff necessary. I dont know much about those islands (in fact, close to nothing) so i need info, and it would be great help if someone travelled there already

And thats all. The rest ill do myself. Ill do the Scripting, graphics, music.. a game fully mine, and im offering to someone who can help me to be in the credits too!

one important thing: if you dont really care, is a dumbass, or is just trying to get your name in the credits of a cool and big (and probably famous when i finish it) game, and will help me with almost nothing, then i dont need you.
second important thing:DONT post any art or help material here, PM me or email me. It is supposed to be confidencial until release. And before you ask: no, i wont put any screenshot. Screenshots will be only for the crew that will help me.

If you like my idea, and can help me, if you wish you can join me in my company
Sounds interesting. But sorry if I can't help, I can't operate much through AGS. I may have free time now, but I mostly use it for playing 'n such.

Three of my most fav games:

1. = DooM (Any part, first, second.. Third)
2. = Duke Nukem 3d
3. = Little Big Adventure.
Old 2004-08-01, 21:07
Bass Guitar Kid

I fancy myself a bit of a history buff. I just pulled a book about the ancient Greeks out.
Old 2004-08-02, 04:36
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper
Sounds interesting. But sorry if I can't help, I can't operate much through AGS.
exactly, you dont need yo help me with ags, i only need:
Quote:

--

Follis: nice!

Link: [offtopic] he nice title and avatar

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-08-09, 02:59
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Lol, this project reminds me very much of the old Windows 3.x game: Castle Of The Winds. You should try that one, really.
Old 2004-08-09, 05:22

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I don't draw much, but I do fair good landscaping is Bryce. Tell me if you want anything, and I'll if I can give you some Concepts.
Old 2004-08-10, 02:44
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
I don't draw much, but I do fair good landscaping is Bryce. Tell me if you want anything, and I'll if I can give you some Concepts.
Good good; please, if u can, research about the landscape, terrain, etc, and model it!

here, heres some sources of pics of the place:
http://www.culture.gr/2/21/211/21121a/e211ua08.html
http://www.harrys-60-greek-islands-g..._santorini.htm

i needed some scenes like, a cliffs, with the ocean in the horizon, and some plants with little fruits, ya know, these stuff. In a perspective of general adventure games like Monkey Island

---
Obrasilo: Where can i find this game?

Old 2004-08-11, 00:42
the legend

hey guys, meanwhile im making the game, i spent some time to make a few sketches, you can check it here

And, btw, the reason im not posting screenshots or anything of the game is cos im trying to keep it the most secret possible, keep the surprise of the game and all, just let the ones that are going to help me see something , as for the others, u got to wait a bit and i really apreciate any help (on what i need).

Progress: 30% already!
(everytime i do a significative update in the game, ill post a progress bar so u may know the time to get excited)

edit: btw btw, forget what the first post said about not posting the help works here, you ca post here, its easier

Old 2004-08-11, 11:51
Previously Link

wow, u did that much ? i thought the project was just begginning.
Old 2004-08-11, 20:09
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Progress: 30% already!
Now i wont complain for screenies

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2004-08-12, 04:10
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
wow, u did that much ? i thought the project was just begginning.
...o0r the game is too short

Old 2004-08-25, 02:40
the legend

Progress: 35% at last!

woohoo!
--

follis: hows ur research going?

Old 2004-09-14, 02:42
the legend

ok, ive done some more, now its:
Progress: 38%!

Ive decided to release some screenshots of it, so you all may have a feeling of it
(and probably ill release a beta-demo cos two quests are made and ready already)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scrnshot1street.jpg‎
Views:	347
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	4014   Click image for larger version

Name:	scrnshot2mainmenu.jpg‎
Views:	298
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	4015   Click image for larger version

Name:	scrnshot3room.jpg‎
Views:	340
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	4016  

Old 2004-09-14, 15:25
Magic Ball Master

Nice shots

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-09-15, 14:43
Previously Link

yup good work ! i like the 3rd shot (the guitarist and the pic of the rmp on the wall )
Old 2004-09-15, 21:46
the legend

cool you noticed the rmp pic!! im putting something from the rmp in every game i make

thx!

by the way, all you folks, i still want the concept art...

Old 2004-09-16, 20:01
Hmm, a smile??

Send a message via ICQ to T@!!&$ Send a message via MSN to T@!!&$
How do you know the exactly progress it has?

ALL MBN SMILES!

Still love ya guys! =**.
Bye, maybe someday I come back...
"Who is" is alive yet!! Omg
Old 2004-09-16, 20:31
the legend

i dont know

its just a estimate of what it is. But trust me, its about 38% really...

Yesterday ive made all the GUIs, and theyre partially working, but all the mainframe is done (i just need to fix some script lines, thats all). So now the progress would be about 40%

Old 2004-09-19, 03:05
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

so if ur starting this game does that mean mbn and lba is through
Old 2004-09-19, 05:34
the legend

OMG a fan! you registered just to ask that?? WOW my game seems to be spreading fast

well, hm, i sort of decided to abandon MBN and LBA! cos it was very problematic, buggy and simple... Was very useful for me to learn stuff to make this one, but i dont want to really start fixing and remaking everything in mbn and lba, cos i would have to compress all the files to 256 colors, and compress the songs, and use only midi or mod songs... etc. At the time i made it, it was my first game, so i didnt really knew what are the first things someone should do when starting a game.. i didnt took that seriously, and the story was vague, and didnt have an aim (yet, it was very fun to make). And the main reason why im not working on it anymore its because it used lba screenshots, and i wanted to do something of my own-completely... well, almost completely of my own, for various reasons.

So, to answer your question, yes (and the crowd goes "ooohh!" ).

But, hey, if you really liked and want me to continue it maybe ill do (or you can study ags and i give you. And sorry all you guys that expected the tippet island and the mermaid cafe and all, but the game engine/system was really bad (in my opinion only)...

thanks for asking!

Old 2004-09-19, 07:38
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

well atleast could u send me a the game of what u have done, because i have been playing ur game as a non-register and really found almost everything i can do on there and i was wandering if u could send me the "new" improved version atleast
Old 2004-09-19, 20:12
the legend

cool

well, i havent done really much improvements in the game... Just some bits of Tippet island, but i havent done any interaction in it yet. But maybe i can spare some time to continue it if you really liked the game

have you found the easter egg already? and the key to open darkflames locker?

Ive put a lots of thingies in the game in the demo version already hehe

Old 2004-09-19, 21:33
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Mor, see the Millionaire release thread for news... [offtopic]
[ontopic] Actually, did anybody write the storyline for this game yet?
Old 2004-09-19, 21:51
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Mor?

I don't have one single post in this thread..