Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2007-02-18, 04:17
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
No offense, but Axx, I don't give a **** about what you honestly believe, and I didn't ask for anyone's advice, so spare me. Although thanks Jasiek for the normal non patronized reply, you actually made some good points.

*ignores some annoying stuff*
And viceversa, you really dont appreciate sympathy, that or you really really fucking hate me.

Im not gonna back off what i said, and i couldnt care less if you were to take it on board or not. But cut the attitude its uncalled for, and i in no way was giving you advice more so as i was saying get up and do something. Nothing i said was wrong of offending, stop being such a freaking cry baby.
Old 2007-02-18, 10:06
weee

I'm not even sure you know what sympathy is, and admittedly I don't like you much.

And yeah, this thread was probably a mistake.
Old 2007-02-18, 11:52
The return of

My social network is witness of my ability to communicate and understand emotions, even more so to express them to others. Regardless of wether you like me or not i expect a certain level of respect.

This thread is by no means a mistake, and it isnt yours to suggest that anyway. Its to draw attention, primarily, to JJ's current problems. And yeah, i understand sympathy well, but with your attitude its hard to know what sympathy for you can be like.
Old 2007-02-18, 12:08
weee

Ok, rephrase - ME posting in this thread was a mistake.

And I don't like you because you've proven to be an arrogant megalomanic bastard too many times, including that time when you stole money from certain people. So don't expect any respect from me. And as far as I'm concern you can go right ahead and open a thread in the Dear Moderators forum, and if someone decides to ban me because of that, I probably don't want to be here anyway.
Old 2007-02-18, 14:16
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Ok...how about we chill, since there's nothing to really fight about, ya know?

CF, I don't know why your life has gone so wrong, but I hope things work out eventually. I'd give you advice, but I can't since i don't know what the problem is. Don't lose hope, or something.
Old 2007-02-18, 15:55
Magic Ball Master

Guys, please, don't fight.

---

To be honest, I feel better today. My best friend stole my phone last night after seeing how depressed I was when he asked me about this girl, and called her on the phone. He left her a message wondering what the fuck was going on, and she called back a bit later. It's not really fair to say what was discussed, but I came to a point of realization, an epiphany if you will:

All of this depression over a person is senseless. She's not my wife. She's still my friend, I suppose. But it was like a weight off of my shoulders. Perhaps part of it was the fact that I was fueled by alcohol the previous evening, but I really did feel much better this morning. I went to mass, and thought about the gospel, about being friendly, even to our enemies. It reminded me that feeling this way about a person, especially one as inconsequential as a bird, really isn't worth the trouble. Same with the University things. I refuse to accept, like someone already said, that it is the center of my world.

Anyways, I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into hatred, and I do appreciate the kindest words, and the fact that many of you have shared your own experiences with me. It brings me to the conclusion that you are all some of the finest people I know, the finest kind, and I'd be proud to call each and every one of you my friend.

Until next time,
JJ
Old 2007-02-18, 16:42
The return of

JJ if you had a crush on this person, and then it didnt work out, fuck being her friend, keep a million miles away from her TRUST ME. You will just KEEP getting hurt and hurt and she aint worth it.

I promise you'll probably find that perfect person one night while walking in town!
Old 2007-02-18, 17:24
You what?!

Axx that is very specific advice that will only be good in certain situations!

In all honesty I think the best advice you can ever give/get is that you shouldn't listen to anyone else's advice; just sort out your problems yourself. No one else knows exactly how things are like you do, and what may seem like a good idea to someone else can prove disastrous if there's something you've missed.

So, ignore all advice.

I realise this piece of advice puts you in a difficult situation... I'm sure you'll work it out!
Old 2007-02-18, 18:40
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Its been alot of ups and downs for me, right now im pretty happy, i know what feeling depressed feels like, but ive started to realize alot of shit and see stuff from a different prespective, especially in the women area but also in the area of happiness, here are soe of the guidelines i can give you:

1. Dont drag frieds and family into your shit, speak to them about it, but dont whine and complain, listen to what they have to say instead. None wants to be someones babysitter you got to be your own person and when it all comes down to it, deal with problems yourself.

2. Other peoples problems arent yours, but for gods sake advice them, try to get them out in the world, but dont let them give you problems of your own, especially if your down already.

3. The way you project things apon others is they way they see you, this is true in friendship as well as relationships, being insecure a leaning on people wont make them feel attracted/appreciate you, being overly-nice wont help either, your not selling your soul to people, its about you happiness too. Im not saying be egoistic, but try to put yourself before others some times, ive seen myself do it and others do it towards me and its very destructive to a friendship/relationship.

4. Think possitive, i remeber when i was young, i was always siting and moaping and being angry/sad where everybody could see me to ake the feel sorry for me, that only akes people disslike you more, you gotta stay positive and dont let shit drag you down, if you think "why cant get a girlfriend?", its a destructive question, while "How can i get a girlfriend?" is a constructive question. This is just one of the ways of refraing yourself, and reframing is important if you want to get out of a shit-hole.

Ive started reading up on womens psycology and what they are attracted too, its not as much about pick-up lines and shit, its the presentation of yourself that is the most important thing, and ive really been analysing and reframing myself so much that i can start to see how i actually interact better with not only women i like but also people in general. Im reborn.
Old 2007-02-19, 01:37
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Axx that is very specific advice that will only be good in certain situations!

In all honesty I think the best advice you can ever give/get is that you shouldn't listen to anyone else's advice; just sort out your problems yourself. No one else knows exactly how things are like you do, and what may seem like a good idea to someone else can prove disastrous if there's something you've missed.

So, ignore all advice.

I realise this piece of advice puts you in a difficult situation... I'm sure you'll work it out!
you are basicly saying; don't listen to me

funny thing is everyone here seems to be able to advice others regardless of any succes they had regarding the problem.
for example;
I think we now can definitely start making a list of 'how to not get a girlfriend'.

ps; how come people are always so eager to give advice, even when not asked?
Old 2007-02-19, 01:46
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
ps; how come people are always so eager to give advice, even when not asked?
Some are smart asssess, some care about certain people, both overdo I guess.
Old 2007-02-19, 01:48
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
I think we now can definitely start making a list of 'how to not get a girlfriend'.
Maybe we should make this list!
Old 2007-02-19, 01:50
Do the evolution.

Quote:
What for? Most of us has that in our blood anyway...
Old 2007-02-19, 02:11
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to johnnybrubacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
What for? Most of us has that in our blood anyway...
http://www.wikihow.com/Special:LSear...ulltext=Search

How not to get a girlfriend would be:

Stay indoors and do nothing, I guess it doesnt require much effort Not to get one
Old 2007-02-19, 02:17
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybrubacker View Post
http://www.wikihow.com/Special:LSear...ulltext=Search

How not to get a girlfriend would be:

Stay indoors and do nothing, I guess it doesnt require much effort Not to get one
Well, if you wan't to get some gf, then yes, all you need to do is to get out often. When it comes to the woman - that's a different story.
Old 2007-02-19, 02:42
You what?!

What I really meant was a list of like, things to avoid doing.

Which could be useful...
Old 2007-02-19, 03:28
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Quote:
Start by reading "the game", it gives you a good overall lookout, then go into more advanced stuff.
Old 2007-02-19, 21:37
Magic Ball Master

Eh... I sometimes get depressed, like now for instance. Often for no reason whatsoever. I've been feeling like this for a few days now. I can't be bothered to do anything. I managed to drag myself into Uni today but didn't really engage. I can't even be bothered to do stuff I enjoy. I dunno, I just feel really inadequate when I compare myself to other people. sOMetimes I don't know why I bother. I've been drinking vodka straight out of the bottle for an hour now, which I'm sure can't be good.
Old 2007-02-19, 23:18
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Ever considered that drinking vodka can cause you to feel depressed?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-02-19, 23:22
You what?!

It does in the morning if your evening is crap... But it can go the other way.

Also, makes me more lively personally, so is worth a shot.
Old 2007-02-20, 03:39
LBA fan

Fishos, by the way you interact with people in the forums I could only ever assume you're a really cool dude.

Which means you seriously don't fucking deserve whatever seems to be happening to you.

I won't give you any advice, because I'm sure you have thought about all this stuff before, and heard it all before, and because I don't know enough to opine and probably wouldn't be suited to do so if I knew; I just want to say I honestly hope things turn out well for you, I hope you have the strenght to come out of your current state and build a healthier life, I hope you find something that makes you happy, or I hope something finds you that will.

You're one of the nicest, kindest and most attentive people I'm aware of.

I'm pissed by the fact your life is like that. Seriously, I wish whatever secret law that controls the world would manifest iself in front of me right now so I could beat the shit out of it.

And this is not sarcasm.
Old 2007-02-20, 08:35
master of electronica

LBAWinOwns, Axx is right. Depression is a disease like any other, and can come into being due to faulty amounts of certain chemicals in the human mind. Obviously, it can be, and often is, caused by events in the external events, but plenty of times it can come out of the blue when life seems like it couldn't be any better. Google some articles on depression.
Old 2007-02-20, 11:02
Trippin Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Sorry, that was offensive maybe.

So we're in for bitching? Wanna hear my story?
Hold your chair.

I don't have my health, my family, my friends, etc.
My parents don't really have much energy to waste on me, I never had good friends (MBN excluded), and I feel sick.

I went to school until I couldn't handle it anymore and left it at the beginning of the 9th grade. That didn't change the fact nobody cared much about me, and after that and four years of humiliation, today I'm one year at home not seeing anybody, no one ever calls me, and the only one person I am seeing is a social worker two times a week. My teeth are getting ruined from me creaking them over the nights.
All the "friends" I ever had left me, I never had any girlfriend, and when I look back at my life all I see is one 21 years of a big hole.

And yes, I do realize I may seem like the opposite of being depressed while on the MBN. Go figure.

So don't feel sorry for me, but I think I'm entitled for some bitching too.

Sorry for this depressing post, but yours wasn't exactly lightheaded too. I at least hope you'll appreciate the honesty.
Yo Chaosfish, your running on low energy man.

You come across a good bloke on the forums, you have it in you to make real people smile, laugh and like you just like here on the MBN. Maybe you focus too much of your energy in the wrong places. Computers and the internet are dangerous things, I know for one that I spend too much time with them, and it affects my real life relationships, wellbeing, health, tidyness, hygiene etc.

Remember this post I made CF, watch it and take it in, put yourself in control of how you want to feel, you've downloaded the movie, its inspirational as you said. Your post almost reminds me of the part of the story of the homosexual man (for those who don't know what im on about, its nothing about being gay), You wrote about everything in your life you don't want. Just like the gay guy, he focused his mind of all the things that were bad for him, instead of focusing on what he really wanted from life, he was focusing his energy in the wrong place.

Just watch it again if your still feeling like shit
Old 2007-02-20, 15:17
weee

Wow, thanks people. *shocked*

The MBN is an awesome community, I guess I really showed my ugly side here
Old 2007-02-20, 19:26
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur View Post
Fishos, by the way you interact with people in the forums I could only ever assume you're a really cool dude.
I've seen tons of cases like that actually.
My guess is that (at least in some cases) the person's lack of self confidence or various social scars make it hard for him to communicate with people that he sees face to face, and is "forced" to release all his social kindness on a different medium.
(Dr. Lenny)

Anyway about all the advices given around here, I don't know you people so much but my guess is that you yourselves don't exactly follow what you say.

LBAWinOwns, your Agent Smith approach to the human psyche is silly.

Like Aule said, nobody gets extra points from his surrounding by looking depressed and shitty. I admit that a few years ago I was like that and simply begged in my heart for someone to care, and people just got scared of me.
When I got drafted to the army I learned to be more jolly and it does wonders.

Anyway who the fuck asked me, bye.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)