Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2009-08-11, 18:08
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

LBA 2: Splash Song Remake

Hi everyone on MB !! This is my first post, I've been visiting the site for a long time ago but i didn't make any post ...
Well, I'd like to make "remakes" from the original songs for LBA and LBA 2, and i know there are some post in the forum doing the same thing.
I've just made a remake of the song which is played when you are installing LBA2. It's the only song I found in Midi format, and what I did was just use the same Midi file on a project in Cubase and use the original Midi patterns on VST (kind of virtual instruments) ...
I made it very quick so I guess there are a lot of things to improve.

The mp3 file is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/26620871...LBA_2.rar.html pass: makemusic

Tell me when the file is down for upload it again !!
I hope you like it !

PD: sorry my english!!

Last edited by Emi_777; 2009-08-12 at 05:28.
Old 2009-08-11, 18:27
You what?!

Tried to download it but there's some kind of extraction error. Can you just upload the mp3 somewhere or email me it and I'll put it up for you? I did one of these myself a little while ago you might like to listen to.

[email address]
Old 2009-08-12, 04:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
Tried to download it but there's some kind of extraction error. Can you just upload the mp3 somewhere or email me it and I'll put it up for you? I did one of these myself a little while ago you might like to listen to.

[email address]

Hey! ok, I'll try to see what's going on ...
I really like your version of the song!! It's a kinda of electronic mix, but with the same feeling like the original!!
Sorry !!!!!!!!! I FORGOT THE PASS hehehe ...
The pass for extracting the file is "makemusic" ...
Old 2009-08-12, 15:33
You what?!

I don't really get why a password is even needed but okay...

What did you use to make this? Either you haven't done enough editing on them or the instruments are just very simple. The hi-hats need to be much lower in the mix, they're far too loud and intrusive. For the scalic melodies I think you should have picked more definitive instruments as well, or simply put them higher in the mix. How much have you actually done to this other than just assign new instruments in your sequencer?

Hopefully you can take this as constructive criticism. Mine isn't mixed great either, but I made it a long time ago... Might have another go now you've reminded me of this great tune.
Old 2009-08-12, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
I don't really get why a password is even needed but okay...

What did you use to make this? Either you haven't done enough editing on them or the instruments are just very simple. The hi-hats need to be much lower in the mix, they're far too loud and intrusive. For the scalic melodies I think you should have picked more definitive instruments as well, or simply put them higher in the mix. How much have you actually done to this other than just assign new instruments in your sequencer?

Hopefully you can take this as constructive criticism. Mine isn't mixed great either, but I made it a long time ago... Might have another go now you've reminded me of this great tune.
Hey, no problem man, you are right:
What I did was just assign new Midi sound (Vst) to the old Midi file from LBA2 ... i made it very quickly, and i know that the hi hats sound the same, and the marimba and harps doesn't soud louder.
I'm looking for a free time to really edit and mix (or RE-MIX :P) the old LBA songs.

Thanks for the comment! tell me when you got another song for listening to!!

Bye

Tags
lba 2 music remake splash