Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Fics
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Fics Place for your fan fictions

Old 2002-12-20, 11:57
(formerly) lots of numbers

Send a message via MSN to LukeNoNumbers
The Lord of the Key Fragments

This is basically a mixture of two of my favourite stories. It is by no means finished; he hasn't even got onto Zeelich yet, but you can probably guess where the style comes from simply from the names of the chapters. A few things have changed to fit with the style, and quite a lot of things have been added. Here it is so far.

1. A Long Expected Sequel

When Mr. Twinsen of Citadel Island announced that his wife Zoe was to have a baby, it was decided that a party should be held. There was much talk and excitement around the whole planet of Twinsen.
Twinsen had been the saviour of the planet for many years. It was he who had saved the world from the tyrannical leader Funfrock. He had a league of devoted admirers, and was known for his generosity throughout the land.
As Twinsen and Zoe were sitting and staring thoughtfully at one of the two suns setting, a storm broke out. There had been much anticipation for the party, but it could not be held in this weather. Twinsen decided to see the Weather Wizard about it.

2. A short cut to... Mushrooms

Twinsen had been making his way to the other side of the island for a few hours now. He came to a huge mushroom, and decided that he should sleep by it, that it may shelter him from the rain that had been beating down. He sat down and yawned like a cavern. The afternoon was getting late; he thought his sudden sleepiness to be uncanny.
‘There’s more to this than fatigue and misery,’ he muttered to himself. ‘Hark at this mushroom singing about sleep now! This won’t do at all.’
Suddenly the mushroom lunged out at Twinsen before he had a chance to get away. It somehow managed to lift him, and seemed to be trying to throw him into a river, which was very close. Twinsen struggled as hard as he could, but could not keep the mushroom from dragging him further towards the rushing water. The mushroom seemed of great strength. Twinsen, without any idea of what he could hope for, shouted help! help! help!
Suddenly he stopped. There was an answer, or so he thought; but it seemed to come from behind him, further towards the cliffs. Sure enough, a deep glad voice was singing carelessly and happily, but it was singing nonsense:

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a ding dulloom!
Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the mushroom!
Zed, Zed, jolly Zed, Zed sciddledidoom!

For a few seconds Twinsen wasn’t sure whether to be thankful for another being to help him or to afraid of some new danger. Before he had time to decide, another string of nonsense words (or so they seemed) led to this song:

Old Zed, plenty of mushrooms bringing
Comes hopping home again. Can you hear him singing?
Poor old mushroom man, you tuck yourself away!
Zed’s in a hurry now. Evening will follow day.

Twinsen stopped. The mushroom continued to drag him, but less forcefully. There was another burst of song, and then suddenly, hopping and dancing across the path, there appeared a long trunk, raised high, as though in great joy. With another hop and a bound there came into view a grobo. His coat was yellow and green, and his hat was small and red. In his hands he carried on a large leaf, as on a tray, a small pile of mushrooms.
‘Help!’ cried Twinsen.
‘Whoa! Steady there! Now, my young fellow, why be you a-yelling, puffing like a bellow! Tell Zed the problem. Don’t you crush my mushrooms!’
‘I am caught in a huge mushroom!’ yelled Twinsen.
‘What!’ shouted Zed, leaping up in the air. ‘Old Man Mushroom?’ He then seized Twinsen’s feet and drew him out of the widening crack. A shudder grew over the mushroom, and all was still. Twinsen thanked this mysterious Grobo and went on his way.

3.The Cave of the Tralu

A discussion with the Weather Wizard revealed that the spell could be done, but the lighthouse keeper was needed for the Wizard to cast the spell, for it had to be done from a great height, and the lighthouse provided the perfect altitude. The Wizard suspected that the keeper had been captured by the Tralu. Twinsen summoned up his greatest strength and set forth to find the cave of the Tralu. After searching, the quetch found a cave leading to the cliffs, which were jagged and hard to cross. The path eventually led into a great cave, where Twinsen found a barred window. Little could be seen through the window, but Twinsen could catch sight of a Rabibunny skeleton. Twinsen vowed revenge against who had done this. He made his way through the caverns and eventually came to a huge room with stalactites clinging to the ceiling. There he met the fierce Tralu, and they had a bloody battle. Twinsen soon gained the upper hand, and overcame the monster.
A door led to a darker, smaller room, where Twinsen found the lighthouse keeper. Breathing a sigh of relief, Twinsen unbound the prisoner and led him outside of the cave.
The journey to the other end was a much easier task, as Twinsen and the lighthouse keeper were accompanied by the Weather Wizard; the sound of singing told Twinsen that Zed was nearby.
So it came that the Wizard dispersed the storm. Twinsen decided to postpone the party until further notice.

Last edited by LukeNoNumbers; 2002-12-20 at 12:18.
Old 2002-12-20, 12:02
The Asian

Send a message via ICQ to Blissful Send a message via AIM to Blissful
LOL. I like it. It's very comical. And I like the title too, heh.

Minako says:
I'm your bitch.
Old 2002-12-20, 15:05
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica

Great!
Old 2002-12-20, 19:07

I haven't got any further, but just to let you know I'm carrying on with a LBA2 cast for this. I've got everything worked out except for three characters, who I could easily leave out. Could anyone think of LBA2 equivelants for Wormtongue, Gollum, and the ents?
The next chapter will probably be called, 'The Passing of the Esmers'. Expect to see chapters with names like, 'The voice of the Emperor', and 'The guardian's lair', which will hopefully come soon.

Last edited by LukeNoNumbers; 2002-12-20 at 19:13.
Old 2002-12-20, 22:09

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Ah! It has been a while since I read a humorous story. Very excelent.
Old 2002-12-22, 13:29

Here's the next chapter.

The Passing of the Esmers

For most of the time on Twinsun, life was peaceful. The party had still not yet been held, but since the man in charge of the preparations was Bob, a grumpy grobo, no one argued, for they held to the age old proverb, ‘Do not meddle in the affairs of the grobos, for they are subtle and quick to anger.’
There were rumours of strange things happening in the world. Unusual characters passed across the island, not of any race known to Twinsun. They never spoke to the citizens, but sometimes among themselves.
Even the deafest and most stay-at-home people heard strange stories. Twinsen was once having a conversation with his neighbour.
‘Queer things you do hear these days, to be sure,’ said the neighbour, ‘what about these trash can men? They say that one was by the school a few days ago.’
‘Who’s they?’
‘The teacher.’
‘What she saw was a normal trash can,’ said Twinsen.
‘All the same,’ said his neighbour, ‘you can’t deny that many people have seen queer folk hiding around, and some in the sky.’
‘Let’s hear no more of it,’ replied Twinsen, ‘and leave me to my health points.’
A day or two later, an odd little boat laden with odd little packages came to the harbour of Citadel Island. An old grobo was on it, all alone. Small children ran after him as he made his way to Twinsen’s house with a small jetpack on his back. The jetpack had a big ‘B’ on it. That was Baldino’s mark, of course, and the old Grobo was Baldino, the inventor, whose fame on the island had grown mainly because of his astounding inventions and his friendship with Twinsen. His real business was far more difficult and dangerous. It was just this time that Baldino reappeared after his long absence. For at least a year he had been away. Twinsen welcomed his old friend with open arms. Twinsen pressed the Grobo for news of the outside world.
‘I have much to tell you,’ Baldino replied, ‘but it must wait until daylight.’
The next day, Twinsen asked Baldino again. ‘Last night you said you had something to tell me. You said that matters were best left until the morning. Don’t you think you has better tell me now? Is something dangerous going on, Baldino?’
‘In many ways,’ answered the grobo. ‘It is a very long story. First you must understand, Twinsen, that there are many unknown forces at work in this world, and other worlds; some are strong, some evil, and against some we have not yet been tested.
‘The beginnings of this story lie in the history of Zeelich, a world which very few being on this planet know about, but which has probably been around longer than ours.
‘In the beginning, the 2 mother planets, Zeer (the sun) and Lich (the cold) met one another during the Oogh: the great cataclysm. From this Zeelich was born. Life appeared and the brotherhood of the Gods sent there the youngest son of the light, who was called Kard N'kom. Alas, some deleterious fumes emanating from the Great Sulfur Mine disfigured him. His horribly mutilated face escaped the Gods, and it was decided that Kard N'kom would have to forever hide his face and never again appear in front of the noble assembly. Condemned to roam the cosmos forever, Kard N'kom saw his Name erased from the divine law. He who wanders without a face became then known as Dark Monk.
'Zeelich was populated with 4 different races, condemned by the Gods to fight each other forever. But, life being stronger, the divine brotherhood hurled Zeelich into the first sun of the Novae system. This shock created the planet as a blanket of clouds isolating the rocky summits from the melting ground.
‘Then Dark Monk came back and announced the latest verdict from the Gods. The races were to fraternize and share the task of returning Zeelich to its former beauty. He unveiled a great wonder: from the deadly cloud, hideous monsters were born and threatened to invade the planet. But, thanks to his Key, Dark Monk also gave rise to a volcano which erupted and sculpted in basalt a gigantic statue in his image, holding the Stone Book of the 10,000 Names. At each ceremony, lightning would henceforth inscribe once more the Name of God, Dark Monk. Before disappearing, Dark Monk broke his Key into 4 pieces and thus revealed the Great Prophecy. On the day when the 10,000th Name of God is engraved the reunion of the 4 fragments of the Key will make the monsters and the gas disappear, and will give back to Zeelich the heavenly appearance of its origin.
‘An impostor, posing as Dark Monk, deceives the Esmers. At his ceremony, he will bring about the destruction of Twinsun; not only this but Zeelich will never be restored to its former state. You must aid me in a quest to stop this. We must do something soon. The enemy is moving. I must leave for Zeelich. Meanwhile, you must find out more about these Zeelichians, and why they are on this planet. I suspect that they know about you; that they know that you are the saviour of Twinsun. You must never mention your real name; the enemy may be anywhere. I will meet you in a month at the Hacienda on Desert Island.’

Last edited by LukeNoNumbers; 2002-12-22 at 13:34.
Old 2002-12-23, 08:34
The Asian

its really good! It could use a little more description, but other than that. I like it

Minako says:
I'm your bitch.
Old 2002-12-28, 23:02
Hello

Send a message via MSN to G.A. Zogem
hey, this is a great story !

lol @ "Leave me to my health points"
Old 2003-01-02, 11:49

At the sign of the Hacienda

The people of Desert Island were dark and mysterious; they belonged to no one but themselves and were often engaged in mysterious and magical activities. However, they were if anything nicer than the people of Citadel Island. The island’s large size made it quite easy for visitor’s to get lost; the inhabitants were very cheerful when asked for directions. Twinsen had not been to Desert island since his quest to defeat Funfrock. However, Baldino had given him very clear instructions on how to reach the Hacienda.
Twinsen climbed the steps to the hill on which the Hacienda stood. Behind him, a dark figure darted around the building and slipped into a window on the other side.
This was not noticed by Twinsen, who calmly entered the building and almost bumped into the owner of the Hacienda, a large grobo, who cheerfully greeted him.
‘Mr Twinsen!’ he exclaimed.
‘Please, do not make my name too well known around at the moment.’
‘Sorry sir. There now! I’ve forgotten it! But it will come, when I have time to think. I apologise, but it’s not often we get parties at the Hacienda. There are so many aliens and wizards here that there are long queues into the sauna! You can use it, but I doubt that you will get much time, nor anytime there soon.’
Twinsen sat at one of the tables and waited, though what for he was not certain. Suddenly he noticed an Esmer sitting at the corner of the room, looking weather beaten. The stranger did not converse with anyone, unlike all of the other Esmers in the room.
‘Who is that?’ he whispered to the barman.
‘Who is that?’ he whispered to the barman.
‘Him? I don’t rightly know. He was the first of the aliens to land here. What his right name is I’ve never heard. Funny you should ask about him.’ Before the barman had a chance to continue, he was called by a party on the other side of the room, his remark remaining unexplained.
Twinsen found that the Esmer was now looking at him. The stranger motioned him to sit by his side. Up close, Twinsen realised that this Esmer was no different in appearance from any other in the room, except for a ring on his left hand.
‘I am called Johnny Rocket,’ said the stranger. ‘I am pleased to meet you Mr. Twinsen.’
Twinsen secretly cursed the barman. He felt far from comfortable under the stare of Johnny Rocket’s red eyes.
‘You certainly are well known on the planet,’ the Esmer continued. ‘There are many gathered here who would wish to know of Mr. Twinsen’s presence, I’m sure. If you please, I should like a word with you.’
‘Very well,’ Twinsen replied hesitantly, seeing no obvious way out of his predicament. ‘But only if you tell me of your business!’
‘Excellent!’ Exclaimed Johnny. ‘I have been following you for a while. I need not repeat everything I heard in the conversation between you and Jerome Baldino. But it interested me so much that I have followed you since. This is because I have been looking for a quetch named Twinsen. I needed to find him, quickly. Do not mistake me!’ he cried, as Twinsen stood up and began to retreat. ‘I am here to protect you. Beware, there are many Esmers with guns that have been seen in White Leaf Desert of late.’
‘I suspected I was being watched,’ replied Twinsen. ‘They seem to have missed me and gone to Citadel Island.’
‘Do not count on that,’ warned Johnny. ‘You may take me as a guide if you wish, for I know how to take you to Zeelich safely. Do not let them find you! I can take you on ways unknown by other Esmers. Will you take me?’
At that moment the two were approached by the barman.
‘It’s like this, see,’ said the grobo. ‘I’m a busy man, see, and well, one thing led to another, and I forgot. I was asked to give this to Mr. Twinsen. It’s from Jerome Baldino.’
The letter read as follows:

Dear Twinsen,
I am sorry that I can not meet you at the Hacienda, but there have been many pressing matters to attend to. You can trust Johnny Rocket to take you to Zeelich. He will lead you to a group of rebels who are trying to stop the destruction of Twinsen. I will hopefully meet you there.
Yours in haste,
Jerome.

Twinsen read the letter and passed it to Johnny.
‘What could have happened to Baldino? He writes as though he is going to great danger. Anyway, I suppose I must trust you; if you were out to kill me you would have done so by now.’
‘Very well,’ said Johnny. ‘I will lead you to the Temple of Bu, there is a route there into a spaceship from there. You may know the way, but I know how to get you there safely.'

Last edited by LukeNoNumbers; 2003-01-02 at 13:05.
Old 2003-01-07, 14:45

In further chapters there will be a few changes to the original LBA2 story. Nothing that would drastically affect the storyline; just a few new characters and so on. In the mean time, have a look at the next chapter:

A Bullet in the Dark

Soon the two reached the ruins of the Temple. It was dark, and had mysterious carvings on the walls. Twinsen had been here before, to fetch the Book of Bu. The temple was vast, and Twinsen and Johnny made camp in the corner of one of the halls, to rest for what they thought must be the night. Twinsen wondered how Johnny Rocket knew the way through the temple. The Esmer knew it even better than Twinsen.
As they reached an area which Twinsen recognised as once having a huge spiked trap on it, Johnny suddenly stopped. He had a feeling that something was following them. They both turned around.
In the distance, far above, at the entrance to the temple, four white specks could be seen, moving at great speed towards them. Soon the four figures, for that was what the specks were, were standing and staring down at Twinsen. Desperately, the quetch drew out his Magic Ball, which had served him well before, and was about to throw it when he felt a piercing pain in his chest. Johnny leapt on the figures with a torch that had previously been used to light the way. Twinsen tried to help as best as he could, by throwing the Magic Ball at them. However it had little if no effect. The ball seemed to bounce off the mysterious creatures. Soon the pain overcame Twinsen. He found himself sinking to the ground, covering the wound with his right hand.
Old 2003-01-14, 19:51

Grobo Greetings

Twinsen awoke and found himself lying on a couch, looking up at the ceiling. He felt odd, as though he had awoken from some terrible nightmare. But the ceiling looked strange; it was certainly unlike any other he had seen on Twinsun. It was unattractive, yet Twinsen found that it was the only thing he had the strength to look at.
‘Where am I?’ He said aloud to the ceiling.
‘You are in Otringal,’ said a familiar voice.
‘Baldino!’ cried Twinsen, sitting up. There was the old grobo, sitting in a chair by the bed.
‘Yes,’ he said, ‘I am here. And you are lucky to be here, too, after all you have been through on your journey.’
Twinsen lay down again. He remembered it all now: reaching the Hacienda on Desert Island, meeting Johnny Rocket, and getting wounded in the temple of Bu.
‘What happened at the temple?’ asked Twinsen.
‘You were badly wounded. But you had strength enough. You were not dead, and you and Johnny Rocket were met by Joan Loumin, a mosquibee, who helped to transport you to Zeelich.’
‘I didn’t know what I’d do without you. You have much knowledge of the Esmers. Luckily Johnny Rocket came to me. Why were you delayed?’
‘You will hear of it, at a council, to be held at your recovery.’
Old 2003-01-15, 13:20
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
*claps hands*

truly wonderful
Old 2003-01-20, 23:52
The Asian

I love it too. Great job.

Minako says:
I'm your bitch.
Old 2003-01-21, 06:14

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Well done chap.

Blissful, your turn.