Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2004-12-13, 16:26
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Angry nasty bug with key in LBA1

When I kill a grobo and take his key to Funfrock HQ on Principal island and try to open the door, it doesnt open, however key disappears and a sound of door opening plays. What can I do& I have a cracked version of the game
Old 2004-12-13, 19:36
it hurts

You have the cracked version? Baaad boy!

Hmm, it could be the cracks fault? I don't know..
Old 2004-12-13, 19:54

If you dont know, why post? Anyone has the same bug?
Ok, CrazyBee, if you are so righteous, you must have CD version. I wanted to request an ISO of install Cd but it is forbidden to post here about warez.. so i wont even ask.
Old 2004-12-13, 20:26
Master of Degree

It happened to me once or twice. It is because you haven't done all necessary quests to enter there. And it's not because of cracked version.
Old 2004-12-13, 21:19

It happens to me everytime! what should i do before I go to Funfrock HQ?
Old 2004-12-13, 21:36
Magic Ball Master

check this http://www.twinadv.com/files/documen...alkthrough.zip

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-12-13, 22:57
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras_maxim
When I kill a grobo and take his key to Funfrock HQ on Principal island and try to open the door, it doesnt open, however key disappears and a sound of door opening plays. What can I do& I have a cracked version of the game
If the game crashes after it, then you're most likely using a trainer, or a savegame, which was saved in a version of the game with the trainer. PM me, if you want more information, on how to remediate the situation.
Old 2004-12-13, 23:07
Still in a dream...

Buy the game first. Then use LBAwin. Solves the problem.
Old 2004-12-14, 00:25
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
Buy the game first. Then use LBAwin. Solves the problem.
I don't think so. If his savegame has something like 128 keys saved, and it's saved in the FF hedquarters, he would also have to go out of the HQ, and then re-get into it, which could wase him some time. When I'll finish my super dooper save game editor for both games (also thanks to alexfont), I'll upload it on the MBN, and he'll be able to change the amount of the keys in his savegame. But, until then, just wait, until someone sends you a savegame...
Old 2004-12-14, 08:47
it hurts

ras_maxim:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBee
You have the cracked version? Baaad boy!

Hmm, it could be the cracks fault? I don't know..
"I don't know" could mean, "Could be"
I can edit it if you like?
Old 2004-12-14, 14:38

Oh, i am really confused, First, I do NOT use any trainer or savegame. SECOND, the game doesnt crash. When you come close to HQ door, you hear the sound of it opening (bababababakkk) and you key dissapears, but actually it DOESN't open. I had this bug everytime i play LBA and I always need an inventory editor to complete it.. Its not that interesting. About original LBA CD - it is easy to say "go and buy" but I live in Russia, never seen it here. Maybe I can order it through Internet, but i think transporting over the ocean will cost lots of money.
Old 2004-12-14, 15:33
Welcome to Zirla!

- ras_maxim: Maybe I can sell you the original Relentless CD, with Russian translation included (texts only), for only $5. Interested? Just send me an e-mail with your postal mail address, etc., so we'll see, what we can do. ^_^
Old 2004-12-14, 17:48
Master of Degree

I've played the whole game about twice, and it happened to me at least once (I can't remember the other time). I just had to return back and do something I have just forgotten about.
Old 2004-12-14, 19:17
Still in a dream...

Mate, look on eBay.co.uk. You can buy it used there for about £2. And to ship a CD/case only costs about £4 internationally. Very cheap.
Old 2004-12-14, 19:47
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
Mate, look on eBay.co.uk. You can buy it used there for about £2. And to ship a CD/case only costs about £4 internationally. Very cheap.
thats really nice but comepletely unnecessary
it happens to me always, its cause you missed something
i seems to remember it being to do with all that red card lark, with all the going back and forth? dunno though