Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-01-21, 20:32
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Exclamation Win Register key disabled

By some reason, when running "Regedit" in my computer I recieve a java window saying "Registry Editor has been deactivated by the administrator." But I am the only administrator and I was sure I didn't touch those controls for disabling. But I can't find a way to reactivate the register editor. That's why I'm asking for your help.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-01-21, 21:39
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Go to Edit -> Permissions, and see if you are set there as an admin.
Old 2005-01-22, 10:58
Tomorrow burns!

As I told you, I am an admin in my computer and already checked it. I only wonder if there are controls to enable the registry key edition.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-01-22, 11:02
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Illumina: To use your admin access, you must restart Windows, and in safe mode. You'll see the user screen, with an additional user, called Admin, or something like that. Now, log in as this user, and then, set the permissions.
Old 2005-01-22, 15:00
Tomorrow burns!

Where do I set the permissions? I've asked that already, and I already told you I am an admin.
Old 2005-01-22, 15:17
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Illumina: At least in WinXP, there is another user, called Admin, or something, which is the main admin, but you only see it in safe mode. Do, as I said it. You're the only visible admin, but there's also that invisible admin.
Old 2005-01-22, 15:19

Actually, the default admin is called Administrator, and he is always visible.

You should also right click My Computer -> Manage -> Groups -> Administrators, and check there who is the admin of the computer.
Old 2005-01-22, 17:06
Tomorrow burns!

Hmm, good point. I'll see if I can do it. However, I didn't remember how to get to safe mode while restarting the PC.
Old 2005-01-22, 19:08

Press F8 constantly.
Old 2005-02-19, 15:48
Tomorrow burns!

Anyway, you didn't gave me appropriate answers. I entered the safe mode, but what next? How do I enable the registry edition? I found the controls but I don't know what to do next.
Old 2005-02-20, 19:40
Do the evolution.

Download XPAntispy, there is a blockade for that in the newest version, if it is blocked a box should be chekced, just uncheck it.

http://xp-antispy.org/index.php?opti...sellang&iso=en
Old 2005-02-21, 16:15
Tomorrow burns!

That's a good help, but didn't solve the problem. Although I've unchecked "Deny starting regedit.exe" and applied my settings, there are still no effects, unfortunately.
Old 2005-02-21, 16:59
Do the evolution.

Then I have no Idea. Hm, probably it will disappear when you will reinstall your windows-but I have no Idea what's causing it - perhaps you have a program, or firewall or something that's changing it ? Or some spyware that blocks it ? A virus ? worm ? Anything.
Old 2005-02-23, 02:14
Welcome to Zirla!

Illumina, are you sure you don't have some protection software, e.g. StormWindows, etc. installed? Because that could block your access to the registry as well.

Last edited by Battler; 2005-02-23 at 02:15. Reason: Edited the name...
Old 2005-03-07, 19:08
Master of Degree

I just found a possible solution for your problem. It's on Polish web site, so I will post the otriginal text and translation. Some menu item names may not be translated properly, because I don't know what they should be in English versions.

===================================================

10. P: Mam problem z rejestrem otóż, gdy chcę go otworzyć wyskakuje wiadomość że został on zablokowany przez administratora sieci.

O: Prawdopodobnie jakiś virus lub trojan zablokował możliwość edycji
rejestru, w celu przywrócenia możliwości edycji rejestru należy wykonać
następujące czynności:

Start->Uruchom->gpedit.msc->Konfiguracja Uzytkownika->Szablony
Administracyjne->System->Wylacz Narzędzia do edycji rejestru

lub:

http://spybot.eon.net.au/files/regalyz.exe
następnie:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System
wpisać wartość 0 przy "DisableRegistryTools" lub "DisableRegedit"

Oczywiście przed dokonaniem zmian należy usunac virusa/trojana przy
użyciu np: HijackThis, Spybot S&D, Ad-aware, CWS Shredder, SpywareBlaster

Analiza logow z hijackthis -> http://www.hijackthis.de/

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ <- Ad-Aware
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe <- CWS Shredder

Gdyby to nie pomogło należy poczytać tutaj:
http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic144641.html
Lub jak zwykle użyć Szukaj

=========== Translation ============

Q: I have a problem with the registry. When I want to open it the message pops up saying that it has been blocked by the web administrator.

A: Probably some kind of a virus or trojan blocked registry editing possibility. In order to restore registry editing possibility you have to do the following steps:

Start->Run->gpedit.msc->User Configuration->Administration Templates->System->Disable registry editing tools

or:

http://spybot.eon.net.au/files/regalyz.exe
next:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System
type value 0 at "DisableRegistryTools" or "DisableRegedit"

Obviously before changing anything you should remove the virus/trojan with for example:
HijackThis, Spybot S&D, Ad-aware, CWS Shredder, SpywareBlaster

Hijackthis log analysis -> http://www.hijackthis.de/

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ <- Ad-Aware
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe <- CWS Shredder

It it doesn't help you should read:
http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic144641.html
Or as usual use Search
Old 2005-03-08, 15:41
Tomorrow burns!

Yes, it solved it! Thanks to you, Zink, I can be able to edit registry keys and make other registry programs available to access it. It's also possible remove registry keys that enables some programs to start when booting the computer.

Case closed!